Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Consular Report of Birth Abroad (DS-2029) - dates in US  (Read 4574 times)

• Liked: 32
Consular Report of Birth Abroad (DS-2029) - dates in US
« on: August 30, 2017, 01:05:03 PM »
Hello!
I'm filling out the paperwork to get my newborn's US passport and and social security numbers.  Questions 24 & 25 of the DS-2029 ask for "precise periods of time spent in the US" for both mother and father.  Is this intended to be periods of time we've lived in the US, or am I really supposed to list all the dates my UKC husband traveled TO the US, and all the dates I (USC) traveled outside of the US?!?
Thanks in advance!

• Liked: 9
Re: Consular Report of Birth Abroad (DS-2029) - dates in US
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 11:44:32 AM »
I see it's been a while since you asked this... here's my answer in case you are still wondering...

I asked the exact same question a few months ago :). I was advised that they really do mean all the time your partner was in the US and all of the time you were out of the US. I also heard that they're lenient if you can't get all the info. I'm not sure what that means.... whether they have some kind of guidelines or if it was just based on people's experiences.

If it helps, up until a few years ago they stamped US passports at the border, so I could figure out most of the time I spent away from the US from that. For the rest I had to dig out old flight itineraries from my email.

• Liked: 32
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 02:13:33 PM »
I see it's been a while since you asked this... here's my answer in case you are still wondering...

I asked the exact same question a few months ago :). I was advised that they really do mean all the time your partner was in the US and all of the time you were out of the US. I also heard that they're lenient if you can't get all the info. I'm not sure what that means.... whether they have some kind of guidelines or if it was just based on people's experiences.

If it helps, up until a few years ago they stamped US passports at the border, so I could figure out most of the time I spent away from the US from that. For the rest I had to dig out old flight itineraries from my email.
Thanks for this!! I'm just now seeing your response... we had our appt at the consulate already.  My husband (UKC) listed all of his dates in the US. Fortunately it wasn't that lengthy.

I (USC) left mine blank and at the appt they told me to list my dates that I lived in the US. So my starting date was my birthdate and my ending date was April 2017 when I moved to the UK. I didn't have to list any travel dates when I was out of the country. Whew!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 01:46:39 PM »
Old thread, but might be relevant for someone in the future.

I listed all the dates I lived in the USA, then when we got to the consulate, they told me to write something like "and a total of 40 days over several years outside of the USA" or something along those lines.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab