Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Grr! Comparative costs of immigration.  (Read 4029 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Grr! Comparative costs of immigration.
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2017, 05:14:53 PM »
That might have been started by the charity the Joseph Roundtree foundation when they looked at who the benefit cap would affect, and found it wasn't the indigenous population.

Then in 2014 the MAC looked to see what UK benefits those who were foreign nationls when they applied for a NINo, like to claim. They reported that in 2013, something like 6 billion a year was claimed by these just in the Tax Credits benefit alone!

Changes were bound to come in.

Mostly I feel bad for my husband in "pulling the short straw" by marrying me.  Poor guy always thought he'd see some type of SOMETHING when he had kids.  Luckily as of this month, he's seeing a few hours of nursery covered.  Other than that, I've screwed most things up for him.  When we talked to my parents at the weekend and were telling them that I was handing in my citizenship application on Monday, my mom asked how his mail-order bride has worked out.  He said it was the most expensive decision of his life!   ;D

• Liked: 154
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2017, 07:30:50 AM »

The ending of those "retaliatory Section 21s" came in about 3 years ago under a new law (that's the Tory government who brought this in, not Labour). Under that law, the tenant can now ask their local council to inspect the property and they then force the landlord to carry out their repairs that need doing and it's often more repairs than the tenant was asking for. If the landlord doesn't do those repairs, then the council will do those repairs for the tenant and bill the landlord.

I would still be scared to complain to much!!

We've just had some issues moving into a place.. letting agents fault not the landlords.

We called citizens advice just to see if we could legally walk away.

They said renting privately is such a great area and try not to piss the landlord off because they can't evict you without valid reason, but they can choose to not renew tenancy without reason.  So in 12 months time you could find yourself looking for a new home.

But that being said if I had a landlord not wanting to do repairs and I had a choice, I wouldn't want to stay.   

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2017, 07:45:23 AM »
We send our daughter to breakfast club for 2.50 per morning and 7.00 for after school club every day. And they don't take my lovely child care vouchers work issues. It's not much but it adds up.

We've been lucky and our town has this great child care centre funded by a secret millionaire (it was on that show) and it was roughly 600 for the whole summer half term, we sent pack up lunch . I couldn't imagine going elsewhere most places wanted £20-30 pounds per day.

Due to income we don't get child tax credits, which is fine. We want our daughter to know what life is like working ( before mum passed her and step dad we're your classic benefit family having everything paid for).  I know it works for some and we do get the £82(?) child benefit which is nice but I don't believe in surviving off benefits unless you've fallen ill or terminally injured etc.

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2017, 07:47:40 AM »
Mostly I feel bad for my husband in "pulling the short straw" by marrying me.  Poor guy always thought he'd see some type of SOMETHING when he had kids.  Luckily as of this month, he's seeing a few hours of nursery covered.  Other than that, I've screwed most things up for him.  When we talked to my parents at the weekend and were telling them that I was handing in my citizenship application on Monday, my mom asked how his mail-order bride has worked out.  He said it was the most expensive decision of his life!   ;D

That's probably the funniest yet most truthful statement ever!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab