Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Documentation checklist before application  (Read 1146 times)

• Liked: 3
Documentation checklist before application
« on: September 05, 2017, 02:26:15 AM »
Hi,

It's been a few months since my last post, but my intention is to have my wife start the process early to mid next month, so would like to cehck everything off with yourselves so I have it all in one place and over the course of the month around work, get it all sorted ready.

From what I seen, I would need the following, correct me if anything is wrong or additional items would be required:

Applicant
  • Printed Application - will be done at the end once all in order(before starting the process)
  • Appendix 2
  • Visa fee receipt - to be had during application
  • Current passport - have ready
  • 2 passport phones - need to sort or can these be done at appointment?

---

I have seen about a certified copy of sponsor passport, is this correct or just copying myself suffice?.

---

Financial
  • 6 months bank statements - I don't get them by mail, i can print them off, they're all official looking in colour etc, would this suffice or do i need to certify, if so would they count as official if i went into bank and had them print them?
  • 6 months original payslips - i'm paid weekly and only get them by email, can print but is this an issue with being origional?
  • Letter from employer stating employment and salary, length of employment, length of time earning current salary, type of employment - agency but on an ongoing position on one of their longterm contracted packages, this won't affect is being I earn enough would it?
  • Latest P60 - This I should have closeby
  • Original job contract - I don't have a copy of this, but I can obtain one, if they made a copy of it(it's on plain paper anyway) would they have to certify it or still count as it would be the same basically

---

Accommodations
  • Tenancy Agreement - I might have some trouble finding this or again request a copy as it's not something I used often
[li] Permission from housing for additional persons accepted - This I also wanted to check, I have confirmation for "addtional person" to move in, however it does not specify my Wife's name, is there a way around this or would I have to request they send out a letter stating her name with permission to move in? I do have the origional application requesting permission which has her name etc on(I had scanned and emailed to housing for permission).
[/li][/list]

---

Relationship
  • Marriage certificate - would they take a copy or would they require a copy(if so have a certified copy if it's to be mailed)
  • pictures from when together on my visit
  • Flight inteninary/boarding passes?
  • I would say skype/whatsapp, but i seen stated on the gov website not to send such - thoughts?

If i'm missing anything would be good to know, it's just one place seems to say a little of one thing, another a little different, with working so much atm, not managing to sleep well either, hard to filter into a condenced list of exactly what we need.

My devorce decree from previous marriage, they require original for that or copy.

Basically seeking to get together what would be needed from myself and what could be sent to wife digitally and what i'd have to mail so she has in paper form.

Regards,

Gary
Met Wife online - December 2015
Met my wife in December 2016
Married in January 2017
Application Started 17/12/2017
IHS & Visa paid 21/12/2017
Biometrics Appointment 29/12/2017
All documents received and entry permit issued 22/03/2018
Flight Booked 27/03/2018
Wife Arrived in UK 16/04/2018
Collected BRP 20/04/2018

• Liked: 50
Re: Documentation checklist before application
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 03:24:02 AM »
Hi Gary,

Looks like you've got quite a bit so far, but here's my response to your points.

With the visa fee, also include a copy of the payment for the NHS surcharge.

If you're paying for priority, put the receipt at the very top of the stack of documents. The outside of the envelope on both back and front need Priority Settlement Visa written in big black letters as well. But only if you're doing priority.

All documents need to be originals, or confirmation from the supplier that they're original. So:

Bank statements - printed online or printed in the branch are fine, if they're accompanied by a letter from the bank stating they are authentic and accurate. Alternatively you can get the bank to stamp every page with their official seal.

Pay slips - online are fine, but get a letter from your employer on official letterhead stating they are genuine and accurate.

Passport photos - these need to be taken professionally in a booth/photographer in the correct dimensions.

Passport bio - I recommend getting it certified, I did.

Job contract - this is good, but make sure it's an original or else a letter from employer stating it is.

Accommodation - tenancy agreement is good. I would recommend trying to get a letter with her name on just to cover all grounds.

Relationship:
- Includes several (2-4) photos of your wedding
- Include several (2-4) photos from each year of your relationship where possible
- Include any letters/cards sent between the two of you
- For emails, texts and phone calls, try to create a list of them with date/time and their name/number as a log of communication

The sponsor also requires to write a letter of introduction. Someone provided me with a good breakdown of what to include. It's short and sweet, so hopefully they'll come along and provide it where possible.

But overall, you're in a good position. Just make sure you get everything official, or certified if not. Just to be safe.

Good luck!
Entered U.K.: 29 December 2017
FLR(M) Applied: 16 June 2020 (Standard)
FLR(M) Approved: 16 October 2020
SET(M) Applied: 26 December 2022 (Super priority)
SET(M) Approved: 20 January 2023
Naturalisation Applied: 8 May 2023
Naturalisation Approved: 25 September 2023
Citizenship Ceremony: 19 October 2023
Passport applied: 25 October 2023
Passport docs received at HMPO: 02 November 2023
Passport application approved: 16 November 2023
Passport received: 18 November 2023
IT'S DONE!! I'M A BRIT!

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 03:28:22 AM »
Hi Gary, please see my answers in red, below.  :)

Hi,

It's been a few months since my last post, but my intention is to have my wife start the process early to mid next month, so would like to cehck everything off with yourselves so I have it all in one place and over the course of the month around work, get it all sorted ready.

From what I seen, I would need the following, correct me if anything is wrong or additional items would be required:

Applicant
    • Printed Application - will be done at the end once all in order(before starting the process)
      You won't be able to print the application until you have submitted it which starts the process so be sure you are completely ready to go before you do this.
    • Appendix 2
    • Visa fee receipt - to be had during application
    • Current passport - have ready
    • 2 passport phones - need to sort or can these be done at appointment?
    You need to include a photo, US size is fine, you will also have your picture taken at the biometric appointment and you need to include the stamped biometric receipt.

---
    You also need shipping information, IHS payment receipt and priority payment receipt which is recommended unless you are in no hurry at all.

I have seen about a certified copy of sponsor passport, is this correct or just copying myself suffice?.

People seem to be ok with regular copies these days but if you want to be thorough, get it certified at the post office.
    You also need to include a sponsor letter.

---

Financial
    • 6 months bank statements - I don't get them by mail, i can print them off, they're all official looking in colour etc, would this suffice or do i need to certify, if so would they count as official if i went into bank and had them print them?
    • 6 months original payslips - i'm paid weekly and only get them by email, can print but is this an issue with being origional?
    • Letter from employer stating employment and salary, length of employment, length of time earning current salary, type of employment - agency but on an ongoing position on one of their longterm contracted packages, this won't affect is being I earn enough would it?
    • Latest P60 - This I should have closeby
    • Original job contract - I don't have a copy of this, but I can obtain one, if they made a copy of it(it's on plain paper anyway) would they have to certify it or still count as it would be the same basically

Bank statements if not original must be stamped on every page by the bank or accompanied by a letter.
    Pay statements if not original must be accompanied by a letter confirming that they are authentic.
    See here for details  https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence---

Accommodations
    • Tenancy Agreement - I might have some trouble finding this or again request a copy as it's not something I used often
    [li] Permission from housing for additional persons accepted - This I also wanted to check, I have confirmation for "addtional person" to move in, however it does not specify my Wife's name, is there a way around this or would I have to request they send out a letter stating her name with permission to move in? I do have the origional application requesting permission which has her name etc on(I had scanned and emailed to housing for permission).
    [/li][/list]

You should request a letter giving your wife permission to live there and submit that along with the original tenancy agreement.
    ---

Relationship
    • Marriage certificate - would they take a copy or would they require a copy(if so have a certified copy if it's to be mailed)
    Everything has to be original or a certified copy.
    • pictures from when together on my visit
    • Flight inteninary/boarding passes?
    • I would say skype/whatsapp, but i seen stated on the gov website not to send such - thoughts?

You do need to provide evidence of how you have kept in contact so do send Skype/whatsapp/email logs etc.

If i'm missing anything would be good to know, it's just one place seems to say a little of one thing, another a little different, with working so much atm, not managing to sleep well either, hard to filter into a condenced list of exactly what we need.

My devorce decree from previous marriage, they require original for that or copy. Everything needs to be original or a certified copy.

Basically seeking to get together what would be needed from myself and what could be sent to wife digitally and what i'd have to mail so she has in paper form. Everything needs to be on paper, and mailed physically. Nothing can be emailed.

Regards,

Gary
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 03:31:05 AM by larrabee »

• Liked: 3597
    « Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 06:55:16 AM »
      Relationship:
      - Includes several (2-4) photos of your wedding
      - Include several (2-4) photos from each year of your relationship where possible

Sorry, but this is incorrect advice. You do NOT need lots of photos, especially not from each year of the relationship.

A photo is only needed to prove you have met in person at least once. So, you should only include 1 photo, maybe 2 at most. We normally recommend sending one from the wedding and one from another time in the relationship.

Where did you see that? Because it's not true. The only thing we don't recommend you send is Facebook evidence, because it's easy to fake an account on Facebook.

You MUST send evidence of regular communication while apart - and this should be in whatever format you have. So you can use:
      - email inbox screenshots
      - screenshots of Skype call logs
      - screenshots of Skype message logs
      - screenshots of WhatsApp call logs
      - screenshots of WhatsApp message logs
      - screenshots of any other call/message log apps

For the relationship information, you want to send:
      - original marriage certificate
      - original divorce decrees (if applicable)
      - boarding passes from trips to see each other
      - cards/letters sent to each other
      - 1-2 pages of screenshots from your email inbox/WhatsApp/Skype logs showing a selection of emails/calls/messages covering the entire relationship. NO message content should be included, just a list of dates/times/subject lines, at regular intervals in the relationship (i.e. 1 a week, 1 or 2 a month, depending on how long you've been together)[/list]

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 11:25:30 AM »

Where did you see that? Because it's not true. The only thing we don't recommend you send is Facebook evidence, because it's easy to fake an account on Facebook.

You MUST send evidence of regular communication while apart - and this should be in whatever format you have. So you can use:
      - email inbox screenshots
      - screenshots of Skype call logs
      - screenshots of Skype message logs
      - screenshots of WhatsApp call logs
      - screenshots of WhatsApp message logs
      - screenshots of any other call/message log apps

on this link: https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information

at the following section:

Proof of relationship

If you’re applying as a spouse or partner, you’ll be asked about:

your relationship with your partner, for example how you met and how often you see each other
          how long you’ve lived together - you’ll need to send proof like council tax bills
          things you pay for together
          whether you’re your partner’s carer

You don’t generally need to send in things like WhatsApp messages, Skype history or photos of you together.
      Married in January 2017
      Flight Booked 27/03/2018
      Collected BRP 20/04/2018

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 11:31:08 AM »
      Hi Gary, please see my answers in red, below.  :)

You should request a letter giving your wife permission to live there and submit that along with the original tenancy agreement.

So you're saying I should contact them and ask to send a letter that actually states my wife's name instead, rather than the permission letter I have with something written from myself?

I expected this was the case when I opened to see it just basically said that my application for additional persons to move in was approved.
      Married in January 2017
      Flight Booked 27/03/2018
      Collected BRP 20/04/2018

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 11:36:52 AM »
      Hmm, that's interesting - that advice is in direct contradiction with their own guidance. And we have seen visas refused before for not including evidence of messages and call logs.

From the supporting documents guidance:

Evidence of your relationship to your sponsor and any contact between you

This could be a letter from your sponsor confirming your relationship and that they are supporting your application along with copies of:
      - birth certificate or adoption certificate
      - marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
      - death or divorce certificate
      - photographs of your wedding, civil partnership ceremony or other time spent together
      - phone records
      - emails, letters or cards

* You should not submit DVDs or video cassettes*

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      « Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 11:37:54 AM by ksand24 »

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 11:41:30 AM »
      Hmm, that's interesting - that advice is in direct contradiction with their own guidance. And we have seen visas refused before for not including evidence of messages and call logs.

From the supporting documents guidance:

Evidence of your relationship to your sponsor and any contact between you

This could be a letter from your sponsor confirming your relationship and that they are supporting your application along with copies of:
      - birth certificate or adoption certificate
      - marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
      - death or divorce certificate
      - photographs of your wedding, civil partnership ceremony or other time spent together
      - phone records
      - emails, letters or cards

* You should not submit DVDs or video cassettes*

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

That however doesn't state WhatsApp and Skype, but those are the main method people use in this day and age, i rarely use email for much unless I really need to, WhatsApp can message and call for free internationally.

So to me would make more sense to include such being main source of contact.

Although email and normal calls are easier to pinpoint times/dates
      Married in January 2017
      Flight Booked 27/03/2018
      Collected BRP 20/04/2018

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 11:49:01 AM »
      Yes, the guidance has never mentioned message/call apps before, but people have been using them as their evidence for years.

I would definitely recommend sending your WhatsApp and Skype logs... no message content though, just the times and dates.

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 12:23:52 AM »
      whatsapp doesn't show much in that regard, other than with messages if scroll back past current date
      Married in January 2017
      Flight Booked 27/03/2018
      Collected BRP 20/04/2018

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 12:36:45 AM »
      ok, I have a question regarding whatsapp, I emailed a copy of log to my email, however this only goes as far back as november last year, I would assume this is because of the 40,000 message limit, any idea how to get around this else missing a good chunk

Also, what's best way to do them for the application, does someone have a sample or something?
      « Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 01:06:21 AM by Gary-s »
      Married in January 2017
      Flight Booked 27/03/2018
      Collected BRP 20/04/2018

• Liked: 6111
      « Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 09:56:06 AM »

So you're saying I should contact them and ask to send a letter that actually states my wife's name instead, rather than the permission letter I have with something written from myself?

I expected this was the case when I opened to see it just basically said that my application for additional persons to move in was approved.

To be thorough, I would get something with her name on it specifically, yes.
      .That however doesn't state WhatsApp and Skype, but those are the main method people use in this day and age, i rarely use email for much unless I really need to, WhatsApp can message and call for free internationally.

So to me would make more sense to include such being main source of contact.

I agree, definitely include it. If that's how you keep in touch it makes no sense  to leave it out.

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 09:27:01 PM »
      Hoping someone might sleep this and have an answer, it has been stated no message content but if screen shots their would be, also takes a long time to scroll back very far on whatsapp, doesn't anyone have any advice on a quicker option and if log exported would be accepted or not? Same with Skype unsure best method to avoid much or any content but shoeing all that's required.
      Married in January 2017
      Flight Booked 27/03/2018
      Collected BRP 20/04/2018

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 09:54:27 PM »
      Another thing, I'm unsure off hand where tenancy agreement is, would it be required if got a letter from housing addressed to me stating that additional person, which includes her name. I have said letter, but if the tenancy is still required I will have to find it or request another from housing
      Married in January 2017
      Flight Booked 27/03/2018
      Collected BRP 20/04/2018

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 10:21:55 PM »
      Another thing, I'm unsure off hand where tenancy agreement is, would it be required if got a letter from housing addressed to me stating that additional person, which includes her name. I have said letter, but if the tenancy is still required I will have to find it or request another from housing

Both the tenancy and the letter are an absolute requirement.

Your proof:
      You need to prove you have the legal right to live in the property... and you need the tenancy agreement to show that.

Her proof:
      As she does not yet have the legal right to live in the UK, she cannot be named on a tenancy yet, so the landlord needs to write a letter confirming that she can live in the property with you.

You either need:
      - a tenancy agreement with both your names on (but you can't get this until the visa has been granted)
      OR
      - a tenancy agreement with just your name on, plus a letter from the landlord giving her permission to live there too when she has the visa

So either way, there's no getting around needing the tenancy agreement.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:24:13 PM by ksand24 »

Sponsored Links