Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Oh, poo. Equifax has had a security breach  (Read 2106 times)

• Liked: 35
Re: Oh, poo. Equifax has had a security breach
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 01:14:10 PM »
Sorry to hear guys!

Says I should be okay.

I assume you don't trust them with people's personal data, but you do trust them when they say that you were not affected???

They say my wife was not affected but I will still take all the same steps for her that I need to for myself.

Be cautious. I've read that if you sign up for that free credit monitoring you lose your ability to sue them, so read *all* of the fine print.

No. They have removed that clause after the NY Attorney General publicly complained about it.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 03:16:06 PM »
I assume you don't trust them with people's personal data, but you do trust them when they say that you were not affected???

They say my wife was not affected but I will still take all the same steps for her that I need to for myself.

No. They have removed that clause after the NY Attorney General publicly complained about it.
Yeah, I saw that! Thank goodness. We don't have a choice to opt out of being their product, so for them to screw up this badly and have left that clause in their credit monitoring was short sighted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 10:30:24 PM »

I have credit monitoring on one of my credit cards that I check every few months. So it would show up there.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 04:30:57 PM »
Just an FYI for anyone who is concerned with this hack, if you've had a name change check both of them. My maiden name was impacted but not my married name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 35
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 01:41:11 PM »
Sue Equifax in small claims court without a lawyer. Enter some details into a web form and it splits out eight pages of legal documents for filing. Imagine if all 143 million people did this?  ;D

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/11/16290730/equifax-chatbots-ai-joshua-browder-security-breach

• Liked: 674
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 11:24:32 AM »
Sue Equifax in small claims court without a lawyer. Enter some details into a web form and it splits out eight pages of legal documents for filing. Imagine if all 143 million people did this?  ;D

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/11/16290730/equifax-chatbots-ai-joshua-browder-security-breach

Don't you have to live in the jurisdiction of the small claims court to do that?

Sponsored Links