Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ugh, why did we do this again?  (Read 2535 times)

• Liked: 4985
Ugh, why did we do this again?
« on: September 18, 2017, 03:40:20 PM »
At the home office for ILR day.  Appointment was at 1:30.  They are currently on number 161.  I'm number 231.  The very last one of the day.  20 case workers are working today.  It's going to be a looooooooong wait.

Why did I pay £590 for this torture?   [smiley=bigcry.gif]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:04:57 PM by KFdancer »

• Liked: 9
Re: Ugh, why did we do this again?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 03:41:44 PM »
At the home office for ILR day.  Appointment was at 1:30.  They are currently on number 161.  In number 231.  The very last one of the day.  20 case workers are working today.  It's going to be a looooooooong wait.

I've got another 3.5 years. Should I get in line now? Lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 03:44:46 PM »
At the home office for ILR day.  Appointment was at 1:30.  They are currently on number 161.  In number 231.  The very last one of the day.  20 case workers are working today.  It's going to be a looooooooong wait.

Well , the good vibes I sent for you to be in and out in an hour and a half obviously didn't work.   >:(

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 03:52:51 PM »
Uggghhhhhhh...I hope the time passes quickly for you!!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 49
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 04:14:46 PM »
It sucks we have to pay big bucks for torture! Hope your appt goes real well!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 04:40:22 PM »
At the home office for ILR day.  Appointment was at 1:30.  They are currently on number 161.  I'm number 231.  The very last one of the day.  20 case workers are working today.  It's going to be a looooooooong wait.

Do you know if they have any way to plan accommodations if you're disabled for the in person appointments? That's crazy :( I'd never survive a wait like that.

At least you are almost done with UKVI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 04:56:20 PM »
Do you know if they have any way to plan accommodations if you're disabled for the in person appointments? That's crazy :( I'd never survive a wait like that.

At least you are almost done with UKVI!

I think the thing to do would be to book the first appointment in the day if possible then you would have less of a wait. Although I appreciate that it's not easy to get a disabled body going in the morning so that might be easier said than done.

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 05:38:32 PM »
I've got a case worker!!!!  I don't think it'll be long now.

Margo, honestly, I've never had a short wait.  Last time I did the first appointment of the day and we had to sit and wait 5 hours for the computers to come up before they could start.  They literally go in order and I don't think they will take someone out of order.  Probably best to save your money and do the postal application!

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 05:41:04 PM »
I think the thing to do would be to book the first appointment in the day if possible then you would have less of a wait. Although I appreciate that it's not easy to get a disabled body going in the morning so that might be easier said than done.
Yeah, I was more interested in if there was anything official. Paying tons of money to make yourself sick isn't at the top of my list (cuz I'm allergic to fragrance too), so I'd want a way to communicate that!

• Liked: 116
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 06:06:18 PM »

Margo, honestly, I've never had a short wait.  Last time I did the first appointment of the day and we had to sit and wait 5 hours for the computers to come up before they could start.  They literally go in order and I don't think they will take someone out of order.  Probably best to save your money and do the postal application!

Any updates? Crossing my fingers!
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 06:24:57 PM »
Nope.  Just that we wish we had brought dinner with us!

It's getting quiet in here...  hope we don't have much longer!

• Liked: 533
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 07:32:35 PM »
Hang in there!! Lot of people pulling for you on here!!
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 07:58:41 PM »

That honestly makes me upset. I would rather pay the $$ and not sacrifice my passport for another 6-8 weeks (or longer, depending on conditions then), but they should have a way for disabled people to be accommodated. This is an issue with pretty much every immigration related entity, I nearly fainted waiting for my husband's stamp to enter the US thanks to all the people wearing gallons of perfume in the fairly small waiting area.

Sorry to hear you're still waiting :( :(

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 10:10:14 PM »
That honestly makes me upset. I would rather pay the $$ and not sacrifice my passport for another 6-8 weeks (or longer, depending on conditions then), but they should have a way for disabled people to be accommodated. This is an issue with pretty much every immigration related entity, I nearly fainted waiting for my husband's stamp to enter the US thanks to all the people wearing gallons of perfume in the fairly small waiting area.

Sorry to hear you're still waiting :( :(

I've only been to the Croydon office but they have MANY waiting areas.  It's likely you could be in your own area without anyone around (that's how we were today).  There was also a mother's room for nursing that you could hang out in.

• Liked: 223
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 12:11:40 PM »

From my experience at Croydon (2012 and 2014, so it might be different now), you were able to leave the building while waiting. We didn't leave, but there's a shopping centre across the street. I think they said they could call us when they were ready, but I don't remember for sure since we decided to stay (both were the dead of winter and it was waaaaay too cold outside).

I know that isn't really UKVI making accommodations for your situation and needs, but if you really wanted to do an in-person application, it might be an option. It also might have changed since then, so don't make plans based solely on my experience.

If you do make an appointment, try for the first slot of the day and arrive a bit early. That's what we did and it was quiet when we got there, but the crowds came shortly after we'd started the process.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab