Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Proof of Cohabitation  (Read 458 times)

• Liked: 50
Proof of Cohabitation
« on: September 18, 2017, 10:33:27 PM »
Hi all,

Still waiting for my initial fiance visa to come through but I thought I'd kill time/distract myself by setting the next steps in motion. Specifically, I'm going to apply for FLR(M) in person once in country and the biggest piece of the puzzle is proofs that we live at the same address. For that I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible for my (future) spouse to start adding me to his bills now?

2. If yes, based on your experience, what bills can he add me to before I'm actually there?

Your input would be much appreciated.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Proof of Cohabitation
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 10:53:39 PM »
Hi all,

Still waiting for my initial fiance visa to come through but I thought I'd kill time/distract myself by setting the next steps in motion. Specifically, I'm going to apply for FLR(M) in person once in country and the biggest piece of the puzzle is proofs that we live at the same address. For that I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible for my (future) spouse to start adding me to his bills now?

2. If yes, based on your experience, what bills can he add me to before I'm actually there?

Your input would be much appreciated.

You shouldn't really be added to bills yet as you don't yet have permission to live in the UK.
For most of the bills it shouldn't be a big deal or take long to get you added when you get here although some may not allow joint names.

As well as the bills, when you get here you can open a bank account and register with a GP both of which will result in mail. And don't forget that you can change address with your US bank and credit card accounts and get your statements sent to the UK.

Sponsored Links