Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: More questions  (Read 5585 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: More questions
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 04:00:08 AM »
Okay...I'm going to be making some serious gift baskets for you all...

But! I still have a question. My fiance and I lived near each other for the first six months of our relationship with my visa, is there anything extra I need to provide for that in terms of evidence?

My other half is the only one with access to our whatsapp logs, I didn't back up and have switched phones twice in the past year (though one of the phones still works, it doesn't have whatsapp on it anymore). Neither of us is clear on how you snapshot a whatsapp chat to show dates and times without showing message content.

Could someone just maybe send an example of what they sent?

So far we've been able to export it as a sort of excel/photo, and as the .txt and we're sure the .txt is probably unacceptable.

This is what the excel one looks like :
https://imgur.com/a/kdWtd

This is what the .txt looks like
https://imgur.com/a/41VKa

(These are on private on Imgur and will be coming down after this so I don't accidentally leave them floating about the internet for too long)

PAST VISA Questions:

What information will I need to provide about my tier 4 UK Visa?

Travel Questions:

So, how do we go about giving a proposed date of travel, do we just give a date, do we need one of those proposed itineraries (if so I know I was reading some very useful info on those on this forum :) )

I'm a bit worried about putting a date and I can only put it for up to three months in advance, or that's how I read it, and I'm frightened that the application will take longer than three months and they give me a date that's already past for my date to travel.

I figure...just let me ask the other questions I still have now and stop bothering you all with one question at a time lol.

I the first option (excel) is better as it doesn't show the content of your conversations.

You can point out the time you lived close to each other in your sponsor letter and mention that you saw each other frequently during that time although you didn't live together. Include a photo or two of that time.

For the intended travel date, put the earliest date that you will be ready and able to travel, (within three months, you're correct about that). If the date you chose has passed by then, they will make the visa valid from the date it was decided or thereabouts.

A proposed flight itinerary is not a requirement but some people do send one, just to emphasise their intended date. Don't book anything until you have your visa safely in hand!

• Liked: 59
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 05:13:09 AM »
I the first option (excel) is better as it doesn't show the content of your conversations.

You can point out the time you lived close to each other in your sponsor letter and mention that you saw each other frequently during that time although you didn't live together. Include a photo or two of that time.

For the intended travel date, put the earliest date that you will be ready and able to travel, (within three months, you're correct about that). If the date you chose has passed by then, they will make the visa valid from the date it was decided or thereabouts.

A proposed flight itinerary is not a requirement but some people do send one, just to emphasise their intended date. Don't book anything until you have your visa safely in hand!

Once more, thank you so much!!!

You and the others have truly been a lifesaver.

<3 I love this forum of vital knowledge lol
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 04:59:14 PM »
Oh no...I have more questions  :-X

So my fiance has more than the minimum salary requirement for me +my daughter...

However with six months of bank statements there's one month where he was quite ill and ended up getting docked 400 quid, so that bank statement will not match the others but every other month has been the same amount, what should we do? Just explain it on the sponsor letter or should we be doing something else/more

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 05:45:05 PM »
Oh no...I have more questions  :-X

So my fiance has more than the minimum salary requirement for me +my daughter...

However with six months of bank statements there's one month where he was quite ill and ended up getting docked 400 quid, so that bank statement will not match the others but every other month has been the same amount, what should we do? Just explain it on the sponsor letter or should we be doing something else/more

For that month, if you multiply the gross pay by 12, is it higher than £22,400?  If so, it's not a concern.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 05:46:59 PM by KFdancer »

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 05:55:40 PM »
For that month, if you multiply the gross pay by 12, is it higher than £22,400?  If so, it's not a concern.

I don't think so. His salary is 24K before taxes and if we take away 400x4 I think that puts him at 19K.

I may be able to wait a month and avoid using that bank statement...I think it was in July and I wanted to apply in December.

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 06:00:13 PM »
I don't think so. His salary is 24K before taxes and if we take away 400x4 I think that puts him at 19K.

I may be able to wait a month and avoid using that bank statement...I think it was in July and I wanted to apply in December.

I modified my response, as it needs to be £22,400 to sponsor both you and a child.

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 06:03:18 PM »
I don't think he would after taxes since it goes from 24 to 19.., but if I push applying into January I can avoid using that bank statement..would that be okay to do? :)

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 06:31:44 PM »
 :(

Looks like I won't be able to apply until February then.

It sucks they won't take a note with a reasoning for docked pay. Damn food poisoning lol

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 07:15:53 PM »
I don't think he would after taxes since it goes from 24 to 19.., but if I push applying into January I can avoid using that bank statement..would that be okay to do? :)

Can he use 12 months of payslips instead?  If it still adds up to more than £22,400 you can apply.

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 07:36:56 PM »
Can he use 12 months of payslips instead?  If it still adds up to more than £22,400 you can apply.

We can, also he sent me a copy of that payslip.

Okay

I was able to get him to send me an actual copy of that payslip

His usual pay is 2333.33

For the month of August it was 1794.76 (but after (tax, pension) deductions the net pay was 1476.61

So before taxes, if I show the 12 Months, it will still exceed 22,400, even with that low pay for August.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:41:04 PM by dramahuman »

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 08:03:13 PM »
Perfect!!

• Liked: 116
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 12:58:54 AM »
I just realized they never closed my student account with Santander  :-X

I should probably pay that off and close it before applying for visas lol.

Pay what off?  Is it in overdraft or something?  I found it really useful to have my student account still up and running when I moved back.  I had expected them to close it or something but they didn't, and it provided me with mail that I used as proof of address to open our joint current account.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 02:44:01 AM »
Pay what off?  Is it in overdraft or something?  I found it really useful to have my student account still up and running when I moved back.  I had expected them to close it or something but they didn't, and it provided me with mail that I used as proof of address to open our joint current account.

Yes, it went into overdraft just from the little 5.00 fee to have it, and I left the UK due to a family medical emergency..so...it just 'festered' bahaha.

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 05:13:05 AM »
Hello, I have yet another question.

I have a daughter with my ex-husband, I do not have sole custody but I have physical custody and live over 100 miles from the father.  Despite shared custody, he sees her maybe twice a year.

In our divorce decree, it says I am allowed to choose her residence without any geographic restrictions and I have a notarized note from the father stating I can take her. (I’m a bit worried on if they’ll look at that part of the divorce decree or if they’ll forget to)

Will this be enough? I hope! I don’t have sole custody due to the way my state pushes ‘shared custody.’

Also in the notarized note, it says specifically Kirkcaldy Scotland but the flat maybe in the town next door, will that be an issue? At the top of the letter I say Kirkcaldy and at the bottom of the letter, I just put Scotland....I honestly couldn’t say why I did that, other than I wasn’t thinking straight and was in a hurry to get the letter to him.

I’m sorry, I just keep freaking out everytime I read the horror stories online of refused visas. I know we can always apply again but my anxiety is just making me a bundle of nerves.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 05:22:26 AM by dramahuman »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 05:23:17 AM »
Hello, I have a question.

I have a daughter with my ex husband, I do not have sole custody but I have physical custody and live over 100 miles from the father.  Despite shared custody he sees her maybe twice a year.

In our divorce decree it says I am allowed to choose her residence without any geographic restrictions and I have a notarized note from the father stating I can take her. (I’m a bit worried on if they’ll look at that part of the divorce decree or if they’ll forget to)

Will this be enough? I hope! I don’t have sole custody due to the way my state pushes ‘shared custody.’

Also in the notarized note it says specifically Kirkcaldy Scotland but the flat maybe in the town next door, will that be an issue? At the top of the letter I say Kirkcaldy and at the bottom of the letter I just put Scotland....I honestly couldn’t say why I did that’s othen than I wasn’t thinking straight and was in a hurry to get the letter to him.

I’m sorry, I just keep dreaming out everytime I read the horror stories online of refused visas.

I would use your letter to draw attention to the part of the divorce decree where it mentions that you are permitted to choose where you live with your daughter.

I'm not sure about your ex's letter but if I were in your situation, I'd probably have him re-do it to say that he has no objection to your taking her to live outside of the US, rather than pinning it down to a specific location.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab