Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: More questions  (Read 5632 times)

• Liked: 59
Re: More questions
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2017, 04:16:21 PM »

For example, the majority of your documents will normally be made up of bank statements. Everything else shouldn't be more than a few pages total.

I thought a divorce decree was only 1-2 pages? Or is that the divorce certificate?

The supporting documents guidance only states that you need a divorce certificate:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

I'm trying to not send more than required, just the 2 photos, a few messages per month (unsure of exact amount, we've been together two years) though in my case it's my application and my Daughter's.

Most things are only a couple of pages but the divorce decree is a bit thick. I'm not sure about the certificate, when I went to the court I didn't received a certificate per say, but I'll have a look again, because I'm sure if I take out the staples and look through it more thoroughly, I can only copy the pages regarding the divorce, I think I'm including all the pages about the custody arrangement when I don't particularly need to (for the copy I mean).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:17:37 PM by dramahuman »
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2017, 04:22:52 PM »
I'm trying to not send more than required, just the 2 photos, a few messages per month (unsure of exact amount, we've been together two years) though in my case it's my application and my Daughter's.

In terms of your messages, if you're showing 2 years' worth, I'd go with maybe 2 or 3 messages per month... you should not include any message content, just screenshot the messages and crop out all the content, then paste the dates/times/names into a list - you should be able to get 2 years' worth on 1-2 sheets of paper (48-72 messages).

Most things are only a couple of pages but the divorce decree is a bit thick. I'm not sure about the certificate, when I went to the court I didn't received a certificate per say, but I'll have a look again, because I'm sure if I take out the staples and look through it more thoroughly, I can only copy the pages regarding the divorce, I think I'm including all the pages about the custody arrangement when I don't particularly need to (for the copy I mean).

I would definitely include the custody arrangement pages, because you are required to show those for your daughter's visa - you need to prove you have sole responsibility for her, usually by way of a custody agreement and/or a letter from the other parent giving you permission to take her to the UK.

So, actually, I would include all 40 pages of it, to be on the safe side.

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2017, 04:26:18 PM »
In terms of your messages, if you're showing 2 years' worth, I'd go with maybe 2 or 3 messages per month... you should not include any message content, just screenshot the messages and crop out all the content, then paste the dates/times/names into a list - you should be able to get 2 years' worth on 1-2 sheets of paper (48-72 messages).

I would definitely include the custody arrangement pages, because you are required to show those for your daughter's visa - you need to prove you have sole responsibility for her, usually by way of a custody agreement and/or a letter from the other parent giving you permission to take her to the UK.

So, actually, I would include all 40 pages of it, to be on the safe side.

Okay! I was going to send the full certified decree and just put tabs to show where her custody is and then I was just going to photocopy the pages talking about the actual custody and divorce and leave out the child support pages but, I think I'll just get another certified copy when the time comes, seems to be the easiest for them and myself lol. I also have a note from her Father with permission, so I hope that with the child custody order that I'm covered for her.

Thank you! I am slowly gathering up our messages and call logs now, and I appreciate the help in knowing how to get that sorted :D

Thank you so much ksand24 :)

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2018, 07:50:46 PM »
Hello all!

If you all recall from this super long and anxiety riddled thread of mine, I had gotten a letter of consent in October from my daughter's Father. However, I didn't know that it had to be one of the within 28 days dated letter, so, I'm going to send it again (for a third time hahaha he's going to hate me).

I was hoping for some advice on how I should reword it?

Here is the one that is currently signed

To Whomever it may concern,

I, ********, consent for ********* to take our daughter ********* with her to relocate to the UK; Kirkcaldy, Scotland in 2018. This will be in the best interests of our daughter due to better financial opportunities for ****** in Scotland. ******* is the primary caregiver of our daughter in that *** lives with her and has always done so. I acknowledge the fact I pay child support to ****** as other means of evidence that she is the caregiver with whom our child resides as is also stated in our final divorce decree. Our visitation will be altered and has been agreed upon by both of us for alternating holidays and summers to continue. Transportation will be paid for by ******* in these events until I graduate or leave school, where then we will split the cost of ******'s transportation.  Information of my daughter’s new address will be shared with me as soon as it is known, no later than 60 days before the move. It is with my knowledge and consent that ***** relocate to Scotland, UK. If any questions arise you may contact me for verification.

The letter may seem a little odd but it was a bit of a blanket letter that I also used to send to the courts to notify them of the move, we have to notify them at least 60 days in advance.

This is pretty similar to the one I used when I went to Scotland for grad school, so, I'm unsure of how this one should sound.

Thank you all for always putting up with me
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 07:54:30 PM by dramahuman »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2018, 08:25:04 PM »
I don’t think the letter from the father needs to be dated within 28 days... it’s only the financial documents that have a 28-day limit.

However, you do want a letter that is dated as close to the application date as possible, so that there’s little/no risk of the information in it having changed since it was written.

No idea about how the letter should sound though, as I don’t think I’ve seen any examples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2018, 08:28:13 PM »
I don’t think the letter from the father needs to be dated within 28 days... it’s only the financial documents that have a 28-day limit.

However, you do want a letter that is dated as close to the application date as possible, so that there’s little/no risk of the information in it having changed since it was written.

No idea about how the letter should sound though, as I don’t think I’ve seen any examples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much ksand24!

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2018, 09:16:55 PM »
And it doesn't have to be notarized, correct?  I...I am really going to owe all of you some huge amazing gift baskets lol ;D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2018, 09:24:21 PM »
And it doesn't have to be notarized, correct?  I...I am really going to owe all of you some huge amazing gift baskets lol ;D

If it has an original signature, no it doesn’t.

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2018, 09:25:15 PM »
If it has an original signature, no it doesn’t.
Thank you so much larrabee and ksand24, again!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:35:56 PM by dramahuman »

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2018, 06:11:21 AM »
I have screenshots from the beginning of our relationship in February 2016 to this month, January 2018.

After nearly a 2 year relationship we were dating when I lived in Scotland from February-August, and then we had three visits since being separated in August 2016.

I was originally including about three messages a month (and I was including them from February 2016-January 2018). Should I still include all that or just the months we were separated and give perhaps four or five?

I've been unable to fit the screenshots on two pages (the dates and times are too small if I make the messages a certain size), am I able to print them on two pages front and back?

Aside from texts I have a year's worth of FB calls, but I think it's not recommended to use them as evidence, understandably so, I just hope it doesn't look weird that we never call because we do, we just use messenger.

I'm sorry guys, I'm getting down to the nitty gritty with just under a month so I'm a bit frazzled.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2018, 06:17:53 AM »
I’d probably go with one a week for the whole time. You can print double sided but I probably wouldn’t, just in case they missed the back. An extra  two or three pages isn’t going to hurt anything.

Mention in the application all the ways you stay in touch.

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2018, 06:20:59 AM »
I’d probably go with one a week for the whole time. You can print double sided but I probably wouldn’t, just in case they missed the back. An extra  two or three pages isn’t going to hurt anything.

Mention in the application all the ways you stay in touch.
Thank you larrabee, I'm sorry, I'm always such a stressed mess when I come to you all.

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2018, 04:29:42 PM »
Silly question, the VAF4A, I have to fill out two, one for my daughter and one for me, correct? Just as I fill out two applications

And is this the correct one?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf

Also, I pay for two roundtrip packaging, correct? I'm only asking this now so I don't waste time asking it later lol

• Liked: 768
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2018, 05:41:19 PM »
Dramahuman... I see you are headed to Kirkcaldy. There is an amazing American baker there. 

http://www.cupsncakesbymonica.com/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2018, 08:42:28 PM »
I should mention that I normally would go searching for the answer on if that's the correct form for the VAF4A but the search engine doesn't give me anything newer than 2012 and it seemed no one asked for the link from 2012 back.

This actually happens whenever I use the search, might be my browser? I use google chrome
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:46:26 PM by dramahuman »

Sponsored Links