Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: More questions  (Read 5584 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: More questions
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2018, 08:55:43 PM »
I should mention that I normally would go searching for the answer on if that's the correct form for the VAF4A but the search engine doesn't give me anything newer than 2012 and it seemed no one asked for the link from 2012 back.

This actually happens whenever I use the search, might be my browser? I use google chrome

This is the one.  :)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf

• Liked: 59
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2018, 09:01:49 PM »
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2018, 09:04:59 PM »
Thanks so much! I was just worried I had the wrong link because of the year on it :)

It’s always best to check!  :)

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2018, 09:10:03 PM »
Thanks so much! I was just worried I had the wrong link because of the year on it :)

That’s the right one, it’s the only link there is... the form just hasn’t been updated since 2013.

In regards to the search facility, it works a lot better if you go to the ‘advanced search’ - where you can choose which board(s) to search in and how far back you want to search (between 0 and 9999 days). You can even search for posts by a specific member of the forum.

Advanced search:
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?action=search;advanced;search=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2018, 09:12:02 PM »
That’s the right one, it’s the only link there is... the form just hasn’t been updated since 2013.

In regards to the search facility, it works a lot better if you go to the ‘advanced search’ - where you can choose which board(s) to search in and how far back you want to search (between 0 and 9999 days). You can even search for posts by a specific member of the forum.

Advanced search:
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?action=search;advanced;search=

I remember one form had been taken down, I thought it was only the application but I just wanted to double check, sorry for the inconvenience :) And thank you, I will use the advanced search from now on :)

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2018, 09:39:03 PM »
I remember one form had been taken down, I thought it was only the application but I just wanted to double check, sorry for the inconvenience :) And thank you, I will use the advanced search from now on :)

Not an inconvenience at all - the paper version of the online application has been taken down (not sure if it was supposed to be taken down though, since it means North Korean applicants have no way to apply now!), but Appendix 2 is still there... I know people do question it being the right form because it says December 2013 on it, but it’s literally just a case of UKVI not having released any newer versions of it since then.

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2018, 09:38:55 PM »
Appendix 2 Questions:

I have printed out two copies (I've filled out answers on notebook paper first so there aren't any errors and marked which ones I was unsure of)

On the Appendix I will fill out for my daughter, I'm assuming on the 'date relationship began' I just put in the date my husband and I entered our relationship? And then put where they met of course. (Question 1.3 and 1.4)

It asks for how they keep in contact, which, I mean, they talk when the husband and I call, so I'm just going to put that, but, do I need to provide any evidence for this for him and my daughter? (Question 1.8

Question 1.25: On my application. Currently, we don't share any financial...well anything. I make my own money and have child support and he has been putting his money in savings for the visa. Should I still say that my daughter will be a shared financial situation though since ultimately he is going to be supporting her?

Question 1.25: On my Daughter's application, do I answer no for the shared financial responsibilities since....she's seven lol, I know it seems silly to ask this but I just want it all to be good to go.

Question 3.12: My husband has been with this job for exactly a year now, but he did get a raise, so how should I answer that? The job title is the same, just a difference in salary.

Last question! Anything that does not apply to me, do I just leave it blank?

Thank you all so much, I am about to do practice runs on the applications for my daughter and I so I can do another post like this where I just get all the questions out. I've already asked you all to Antartica and back about supporting documents and think we are good on that, though I'll do a doc check as we get closer.

Thanks again everyone <3
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 09:40:48 PM by dramahuman »

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2018, 06:13:12 PM »

The employer noted the change of salary so I just didn't know how to put it on the appendix since it's the same job, same company, just a raise

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2018, 08:13:36 PM »
 :-X I’m sorry I have such a long question thread, I just panic and then confuse myself. I don’t really have any questions for the application, just the appendix 2

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2018, 08:32:39 PM »
:-X I’m sorry I have such a long question thread, I just panic and then confuse myself. I don’t really have any questions for the application, just the appendix 2

The Appendix 2 is the main part of the application form, so feel free to ask as many questions as you need to :). It’s important to make sure you understand how to answer the questions :).

The online application is just a generic form about the applicant and is the same for all visa types, but Appendix 2 contains all the questions relevant to meeting the requirements for a fiancé or spousal visa... without it, your application is incomplete and cannot be processed.

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2018, 08:43:47 PM »
Thank you! I just always feel bad like I am taking advantage of your kindness but I am so grateful to you all!
Appendix 2 Questions:

I have printed out two copies (I've filled out answers on notebook paper first so there aren't any errors and marked which ones I was unsure of)

On the Appendix I will fill out for my daughter, I'm assuming on the 'date relationship began' I just put in the date my husband and I entered our relationship? And then put where they met of course. (Question 1.3 and 1.4)

It asks for how they keep in contact, which, I mean, they talk when the husband and I call, so I'm just going to put that, but, do I need to provide any evidence for this for him and my daughter? (Question 1.8

Question 1.25: On my application. Currently, we don't share any financial...well anything. I make my own money and have child support and he has been putting his money in savings for the visa. Should I still say that my daughter will be a shared financial situation though since ultimately he is going to be supporting her?

Question 1.25: On my Daughter's application, do I answer no for the shared financial responsibilities since....she's seven lol, I know it seems silly to ask this but I just want it all to be good to go.

Question 3.12: My husband has been with this job for exactly a year now, but he did get a raise, so how should I answer that? The job title is the same, just a difference in salary.

Thank you all so much, I am about to do practice runs on the applications for my daughter and I so I can do another post like this where I just get all the questions out. I've already asked you all to Antartica and back about supporting documents and think we are good on that, though I'll do a doc check as we get closer.

Thanks again everyone <3
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:45:37 PM by dramahuman »

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2018, 08:49:26 PM »

Well, I'd say the date the relationship began is the date they met... because presumably they had no relationship at all until they actually met in person... you were the one in the relationship with the sponsor, not your daughter.

So for 1.3 and 1.4, I'd put the same date for both - the date they met in person.

The thing is that these questions are really aimed at people in a romantic relationship - because you need to show regular contact to prove a genuine relationship with your spouse. So, it's hard to know how to answer when it's an application for a child dependant.

You don't need to provide any evidence of contact between them. All you need to provide is your daughter's passport, passport photo, birth certificate and evidence that you have sole responsibility (i.e. custody agreement, letter from her father giving you permission to take her to the UK etc.),

They're asking about things like joint loans and joint mortgages - things you are legally responsible for paying jointly, though some people include rent, bills, food etc. if they already share those expenses.

If you have no shared finances, then just put NO. It makes no difference to the application whatsoever.

Correct - answer no.

How long ago was the raise? What was the salary before the raise, and the salary after the raise? (Forgive me if you've already said it in the thread, I haven't gone back to check)

Yes.

You should be filling out:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3A (assuming you're meeting Category A for finances)
Part 5 - though most people leave this one blank, or use it to continue overflow questions

And you leave all other sections of Part 3 and also Part 4 blank.

I've already asked you all to Antartica and back about supporting documents and think we are good on that, though I'll do a doc check as we get closer.

No problem :).

And you know what, if you were asking these questions a year ago, your statement would be completely true... because this time last year, I was living in Antarctica!

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2018, 09:12:03 PM »

How long ago was the raise? What was the salary before the raise, and the salary after the raise? (Forgive me if you've already said it in the thread, I haven't gone back to check)

Yes.

You should be filling out:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3A (assuming you're meeting Category A for finances)
Part 5 - though most people leave this one blank, or use it to continue overflow questions

And you leave all other sections of Part 3 and also Part 4 blank.

No problem :).

And you know what, if you were asking these questions a year ago, your statement would be completely true... because this time last year, I was living in Antarctica!

I actually should have included the salaries because my thread is stupid long XD.

His salary before the raise was 25k, and he's had this new salary for over six months, it is 28K :)

And I am applying for Cat. 3A
Antarctica:
That is incredible :0

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2018, 09:25:51 PM »
I actually should have included the salaries because my thread is stupid long XD.

His salary before the raise was 25k, and he's had this new salary for over six months, it is 28K :)

Okay, since the raise was more than 6 months ago, the old salary does not need to be mentioned on the application form, because they only look at the most recent 6 months' worth of income for Category A.

For 3.12, you tick YES and move to question 3.21... all that question is asking is whether you are applying under Category A or Category B. As he has been with his employer AND earning £28K for the last 6 months, he can only answer YES.

However, the employer letter needs to state:
- job title and current salary
- length of employment
- length of time earning current salary
- type of employment

So, the letter could mention the original salary, along with the date of the promotion and new salary.

So, for Part 3, you answer as follows:
3.1 - No
3.2 - Applying with one child dependent under 18 - an income before tax of at least £22,400 a year
3.3 - Tick first box and Category A
3.4 - Yes
3.5 - Current job title
3.6 - Name of employer
3.7 - Date he started working for employer
3.8 - His NI number
3.9 - I assume it's Permanent Employment
3.10 - Address of employer
3.11 - current salary (28K)
3.12 - Yes
Go to 3.21
3.21 - Yes
3.22 - N/A so leave blank (it's for Category B only)

Antarctica:
That is incredible :0

Thanks - yeah it was pretty cool (no pun intended :P). I didn't have great internet there but I had enough to be able to log onto the site and answer questions :).

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2018, 10:11:00 PM »
Okay, since the raise was more than 6 months ago, the old salary does not need to be mentioned on the application form, because they only look at the most recent 6 months' worth of income for Category A.

Thanks - yeah it was pretty cool (no pun intended :P). I didn't have great internet there but I had enough to be able to log onto the site and answer questions :).

Okay that is even more incredible that you were answering questions from Antarctica, I don't think I've ever seen such dedication or been so impressed :D

Thank you for the help :3

Sponsored Links