Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Miscellaneous Marriage Visa Questions  (Read 262 times)

• Liked: 13
Miscellaneous Marriage Visa Questions
« on: September 20, 2017, 06:50:11 AM »
Loads of questions! ???

So, before I met my husband, I studied abroad in England for 3 months. They didn't require a student visa on my short program, only a visitors visa(just a stamp in London). Does a visitors visa count in the "have you ever had a UK visa before" section?

Next question, my husband is from Northern Ireland, so whenever I visited him, I always flew into Dublin and took the bus up to Belfast(no boarder control whatsoever). So I shouldn't count those times as visas, but I should count them as time spent in the UK right?

And finally the financial section. We're using cash savings. Two accounts in my name only, one account in his name only, and one joint account. Can I use all three squares for three of the accounts? And can I split the one "You only" column into two columns by drawing a line down the middle, or should I do that in part 5?

And is it ok to leave the employment section(3A) blank since we're not using employment to meet the financial requirement?

I also have a question with the 6 months of statements. So does the immigration service count the balances exactly 6 months before the last date of the most recent statement, or the entirety of the 6 statements? I deposited a couple grand before the six months but after the statement was created(there's like a week gap), and I'm worried it won't be counted.

And do you put the lowest amount of savings you've had in the last 6 months in section 3.76(what is the total cash savings you/your sponsor hold?), or do you put the current amount of savings you have?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:59:33 AM by roamingbee »
UK Spouse Visa(Priority):
Applied Online: 02/01/2018
Biometrics: 05/01/2018
Sent off Documents: 06/01/2018
Documents Received in Sheffield: 09/01/2018
Decision E-mail: 11/01/2018
Documents Received(approved): 15/01/2018
Flight to Belfast: 03/02/2018

EU Settlement-Family member of an eligible person of Northern Ireland
Applied Online-27/08/2020
Biometrics at Sopra Steria-Belfast-10/09/2020
E-mail Confirmation of Received Application- 14/09/2020
Request for Further Documents- 24/09/2020
Approved-20/10/2020
New BRP Received-27/10/2020

• Liked: 6110
Re: Miscellaneous Marriage Visa Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 10:00:14 AM »
Loads of questions! ???

So, before I met my husband, I studied abroad in England for 3 months. They didn't require a student visa on my short program, only a visitors visa(just a stamp in London). Does a visitors visa count in the "have you ever had a UK visa before" section?

Next question, my husband is from Northern Ireland, so whenever I visited him, I always flew into Dublin and took the bus up to Belfast(no boarder control whatsoever). So I shouldn't count those times as visas, but I should count them as time spent in the UK right?

And finally the financial section. We're using cash savings. Two accounts in my name only, one account in his name only, and one joint account. Can I use all three squares for three of the accounts? And can I split the one "You only" column into two columns by drawing a line down the middle, or should I do that in part 5?

And is it ok to leave the employment section(3A) blank since we're not using employment to meet the financial requirement?

I also have a question with the 6 months of statements. So does the immigration service count the balances exactly 6 months before the last date of the most recent statement, or the entirety of the 6 statements? I deposited a couple grand before the six months but after the statement was created(there's like a week gap), and I'm worried it won't be counted.

And do you put the lowest amount of savings you've had in the last 6 months in section 3.76(what is the total cash savings you/your sponsor hold?), or do you put the current amount of savings you have?

1- Count that trip in your travel to the UK section but don't count it as a previous UK visa.

2-Correct. Count them as travel to the UK but not as having a UK visa.

3-With 4 accounts, that's probably the best thing to do. As long as all the required information is on there and you have made it  quite clear that your total is over £62.5k.

4-Is that in the financial section? If so, yes, leave it blank.

5-Not quite sure I understand you but you need to have held 62.5kgbp or more for at least a full 6 months backwards from the date of the online application. If you need to include an extra statement to cover the full time period, then do that. Don't get hung up on number of statements, look at the dates you are covering, that's the important part.

6- I remember putting the lowest balance that I had held over the 6 month period and also noted the final balance of the account on the date of application.

Sponsored Links