Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where to start??  (Read 304 times)

• Liked: 156
Where to start??
« on: September 20, 2017, 04:49:53 PM »
A little background....I have been a lurker for years now. Hubby and I finally decided that next year September is when I should be in London.

We have a 19 month old that was born here in the states. Does she fall under the same category as me?

I also have a 7 year old from previous marriage, what documentation would I need for him? Also, school application deadline is January 2018  should I apply for him to be placed in a school, although we don't have our visas as yet?

With application for 3 its £6192 including health insurance and trying not to get a denial.

I will take any advise necessary. Hoping to submit applications by March 2018, so my son will be able to start school in September.

TIA!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
Re: Where to start??
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 04:58:17 PM »
What is your husbands status?  If he is a British citizen by birth and born in the UK, baby is British and will just need a passport.  So that's potentially one less application to pay for.

You won't be able to apply for a school place until your child has a visa allowing him/her to live in the UK.

• Liked: 156
Re: Where to start??
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 01:24:30 AM »
What is your husbands status?  If he is a British citizen by birth and born in the UK, baby is British and will just need a passport.  So that's potentially one less application to pay for.

You won't be able to apply for a school place until your child has a visa allowing him/her to live in the UK.
He has ILR, not citizenship as yet. So I know baby needs a visa too.

Okay, so I guess I will have to wait until next year for the school application. That means he might get a scrappy school.

Thanks for your response.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab