Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello Everyone! LA -> LDN  (Read 609 times)

• Liked: 66
Hello Everyone! LA -> LDN
« on: September 20, 2017, 06:32:41 PM »
Hello there! I've been lurking off-and-on for a while, but now it is time to become a contributing member of society and activate engagement as my husband and I are moving to London soon. After going thru the immigration process to bring my then-fiance here to the USA 5 years ago, I thought, "11-months of spending time and money and feeling anxious over the fate of our relationship and futures was so much fun I would really like to do that again".

And after finally getting his 10-year permanent residency six months ago, which would be 10 years free of immigration, we clearly couldn't have that, could we? Alas, we could not. Due to personal reasons I shall not be divulging, we have decided to move to London. Thankfully, we are much more prepared for the process this go-around. The timeframe alone makes me feel giddy as it is SO much shorter than when we brought him to the USA.

Unfortunately, we have a few extra challenges this time, though. Mainly that we've been living and working together in LA for four years now and have accumulated annoying things like 'belongings' and 'a home', which will need to be dealt with. The biggest concern at the moment tho, is the fate of our house rabbit, Hodor.

ANYWAY. Enough of the most dull origin story of all time. I am very excited to be here and to (finally) be an active member of this community. I look forward to hanging out here both during the process and once I'm in London dealing with that wonderful joy of culture shock that I'm sure will stem mostly from lack of the Southern California sunshine.
Spouse Visa (Priority)

App Submitted Online: 18 Oct 2017
Biometrics + Docs Sent: 23 Oct 2017
Received in Sheffield email: 25 Oct 2017
Decision email: 20 Nov 2017 (18 BD)
Passport received: 22 Nov 2017 (APPROVED)
Travel to UK: 28 Dec 2017

FLR(m):
App Submitted Online: 08 July 2020
Biometrics submitted via IDV app: 7 Sept 2020
Approval: 19 Nov 2020

ILR (Priority):
App submitted: 19 Jan 2023
Biometrics: 8 Feb 2023
Approval: 8 Feb 2023

Citizenship:
App submitted: 28 July 2023
Biometrics: 17 Aug 2023
Approval: 27 Nov 2023
Ceremony: 27 Nov 2023

• Liked: 4985
Re: Hello Everyone! LA -> LDN
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 07:15:13 PM »
Welcome!

Has your husband considered applying for citizenship before returning to the UK?  Then there won't be a third process.   :)

Sounds like you hit each place at the wrong time.  U.K. to US is processing crazy fast now and US to UK crazy slow!  But the process will end!!  ;)

• Liked: 66
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 07:26:47 PM »
Sounds like you hit each place at the wrong time.  U.K. to US is processing crazy fast now and US to UK crazy slow!  But the process will end!!  ;)

Thanks for the welcome! Husband has thought about and opted against US citizenship. We always thought we'd end up back in the UK (just a lot further down the road initially) and we don't foresee coming back to the US after this, so hopefully we don't have to do it again :P

I'll take the crazy slow as it is right now - it's still just incredibly fast compared to when we did it the other way. We had applied in December and, even with absolutely no issues, we didn't hear back that it was approved until October the following year!
Spouse Visa (Priority)

App Submitted Online: 18 Oct 2017
Biometrics + Docs Sent: 23 Oct 2017
Received in Sheffield email: 25 Oct 2017
Decision email: 20 Nov 2017 (18 BD)
Passport received: 22 Nov 2017 (APPROVED)
Travel to UK: 28 Dec 2017

FLR(m):
App Submitted Online: 08 July 2020
Biometrics submitted via IDV app: 7 Sept 2020
Approval: 19 Nov 2020

ILR (Priority):
App submitted: 19 Jan 2023
Biometrics: 8 Feb 2023
Approval: 8 Feb 2023

Citizenship:
App submitted: 28 July 2023
Biometrics: 17 Aug 2023
Approval: 27 Nov 2023
Ceremony: 27 Nov 2023

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »

Unfortunately, we have a few extra challenges this time, though. Mainly that we've been living and working together in LA for four years now and have accumulated annoying things like 'belongings' and 'a home', which will need to be dealt with. The biggest concern at the moment tho, is the fate of our house rabbit, Hodor.

Hi AweSam, welcome!  ;D

Looks like you will be able to bring Hodor with you if you don't mind jumping through a few hoops. 

There are no restrictions on bringing pet rodents, rabbits, birds, invertebrates, amphibians and reptiles to the UK from other EU countries.

Pet rabbits and rodents from countries outside the EU must spend 4 months in quarantine. They need a rabies import licence.

Contact the Centre for International Trade (Carlisle) for more information on the rules for travelling with these or other species of pet.

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-food-animals-plants-into-uk

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 11:00:34 AM »
if you don't mind jumping through a few hoops. 

I see what you did there!

Sponsored Links