Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Unis Look Way More Fun  (Read 1704 times)

• Liked: 585
Re: UK Unis Look Way More Fun
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2017, 10:03:25 AM »
Not sure what these flats would cost to rent, but they look expensive.
I also don't know if they are connected to the university in any way, but the hoardings and signage on them says they are student flats.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 05:52:28 AM »
Maybe I should have joined the marching band, I’ve always heard they have fun.
I was in our pep band for the hockey team, it was where I learned how to party lol. Dry is not how I would describe the campus, it was in northern NY and -20 in the winter. I also learned how to play hockey there, which was tons of fun! Got to play a club game in the lake placid Olympic arena the week of the 20th anniversary for the miracle on ice, and with the pep band saw our team win some championships there.

But I went to college too young, without a clear direction, and way too school smart but socially inept. Kicking butt in junior/senior classes as a high school senior in college is *not* the way to make friends. I dropped out when I realized I couldn't really afford the tuition and not know what I wanted to do (not fully realizing the value of the degree even if I didn't use it.) By the time I could afford to go back and had a direction, the financial collapse happened, life happened and I couldn't manage school + work. I really badly want to go back now because I want to get into bioinformatics research, but I'm not sure when/if we can afford that. I may be able to handle open university now that I'll have support on the home front at least, but I'm guessing I'd have to start over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 60
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 06:07:58 PM »
Not sure what these flats would cost to rent, but they look expensive.
I also don't know if they are connected to the university in any way, but the hoardings and signage on them says they are student flats.

I can't say 100% for sure, but from talking to other people they are not Uni-owned and are geared towards international students who will pay a ton for nice housing. But they sure do look nice and shiny when I'm zipping past Partick on the train.

Sponsored Links