Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: British-American comedy duo... and married  (Read 1137 times)

• Liked: 0
British-American comedy duo... and married
« on: September 26, 2017, 08:07:44 AM »
Hi everyone! My American wife and I (a Brit) have been backwards and forwards across the pond, living in London, New York and now Los Angeles. But we're back a lot, and in fact we're here in London right now on a mini-tour.

When I'm not acting, I'm a skype tutor based in LA but teaching clients around the world. I'm expert in teaching all the American tests (SAT, ACT, ISEE, SSAT, GMAT, GRE etc) and all the UK tests, Oxbridge entrance, and helping people who cannot get a handle on math(s). Feel free to reach out if you're having trouble with the change of culture and switching education streams from America to Britain, or if you're planning to go back the other way :)

However, my wife and I are also a married sketch comedy duo called "We Are Thomasse". We've had 10 million views in the past 18 months, so we're definitely worth a gander :) We work a lot with the singer Jason Mraz, but our best known stuff are some sketches called "Awkward Exes: Britain & America". We had viral hits on both the last two Fourth of July's (the original one can be seen at: newcomer link: https://www.facebook.com/WeAreThomasse/videos/1126638287378501/ [nonactive] ).

Anyway, our current visit is taking us to London, Paris and Amsterdam. We do 30+ sketches in 60 minutes, in a family friendly, fast-paced show that has been recommended multiple times as a top thing to do in both Time Out New York and Time Out Los Angeles. It would be great if anyone here wants to come and check us out, and of course spread the word to fellow Yanks who'd appreciate a blend of British and American humo(u)rs! We love meeting fellow Brits'n'Americans, so please come and introduce yourself :)

In case you're interested you can find us and all our details at facebook.com/wearethomasse, but our upcoming shows and workshops are:

Sept 27th - SHOW - at The Leicester Square Theatre at 9.30pm.
Sept 28th - WORKSHOP - 7-9pm at The Ship, 68 Borough Rd: Producing Digital Comedy on a Budget.
Oct 1st - WORKSHOP - 2-4pm at The Rhythm Studio (Kensington & Chelsea College): Producing Digital Content on a Budget
Oct 1st - SHOW - 7pm at Horse & Stables by Lambeth North
Oct 2nd - WORKSHOP - 7-10pm Acting for Sketch at The Ship, 68 Borough Rd.

And after that we're off to Paris and Amsterdam!
Hope to meet some of you while we're here in London.
Thanks y'all/you all!
Nick

• Liked: 6110
Re: British-American comedy duo... and married
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 08:18:55 AM »
Hi afkathomas. Welcome to the forum.  ;D Will definitely check out your online stuff!

Presumably you've looked into the visa situation for your wife?

• Liked: 674
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 09:27:33 AM »
Don't usually see advertisements here....  ;)

• Liked: 59
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 02:37:15 AM »
I've seen that video before, though it was HILARIOUS! Kudos!
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 09:14:40 AM »
Think I've definitely seen at least one of your videos before! Welcome :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab