Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What does NHS OV mean on my child's BRP?  (Read 4172 times)

• Liked: 17
What does NHS OV mean on my child's BRP?
« on: October 02, 2017, 09:02:13 AM »
Dear all:

We received the residence permits for my husband and two children.  My husband and my son's both had conditions "No Public Funds as expected.

My daughter, who is 10,  had a different wording - was bored as a "Child Visitor Leave to Enter" and on the back is said No Public Funds/ NHS OV".  We have paid our NHS surcharge for her, so am wondering what this means?

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Bronwyn

• Liked: 4985
Re: What does NHS OV mean on my child's BRP?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 09:59:37 AM »
Dear all:

We received the residence permits for my husband and two children.  My husband and my son's both had conditions "No Public Funds as expected.

My daughter, who is 10,  had a different wording - was bored as a "Child Visitor Leave to Enter" and on the back is said No Public Funds/ NHS OV".  We have paid our NHS surcharge for her, so am wondering what this means?

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Bronwyn

Looks like they issued an incorrect visa type for your daughter.  <sigh>.  The OV means overseas visitor.  Contact UKVI and they'll need to reissue your daughter the correct visa type.

Is her entry vignette also incorrect?

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 10:14:22 AM »
Looks like they issued an incorrect visa type for your daughter.  <sigh>.  The OV means overseas visitor.  Contact UKVI and they'll need to reissue your daughter the correct visa type.

Is her entry vignette also incorrect?

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem

Thanks for your helpful response and insight - the vignette is correct, which should make getting the re-issue quite easy.  Love this forum!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 10:22:41 AM »
Thanks for your helpful response and insight - the vignette is correct, which should make getting the re-issue quite easy.  Love this forum!

Keep us posted!  They really are the most incompetent organization, aren't they? 

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 10:25:47 AM »
Keep us posted!  They really are the most incompetent organization, aren't they?

It’s just extraordinary. I’m British and my children are entitled to citizenship, but only st the discretion of the Home Office as they are adopted. And, it would take so long for that to be processed that I had to pay a crazy sum to first get Residence Permits - and paid expediting fees only for them to put them in the wrong pile and cause us much anxiety over delayed approval. Unbelievable.

• Liked: 15
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 11:03:38 PM »
Going the other way is no better - it has taken 8 months up to now for my goddaughter to get her fiance visa - currently interview in the next 6 weeks.  What is really annoying is she lives within 10 minutes walk of the US Consulate in Edinburgh but has to travel to London for interview.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab