Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Denny's!  (Read 1526 times)

• Liked: 1891
Re: Denny's!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 01:35:27 PM »
Come to think of it, I’ve not met many Brits who care about Denny’s either.  Most of them have fond memories of American Pancake breakfasts at their hotels. 

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 06:51:56 PM »
Come to think of it, I’ve not met many Brits who care about Denny’s either.  Most of them have fond memories of American Pancake breakfasts at their hotels.

I was in with a British crowd when I first lived in the US and we always ended a night out at Denny's!  ;D ...good times!  :D

• Liked: 768
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 06:56:43 PM »
I was in with a British crowd when I first lived in the US and we always ended a night out at Denny's!  ;D ...good times!  :D
Spent many a night with the best of the best... the submariners of the Royal Navy at Denny's in the middle of the night.

I really loved living in Cape Canaveral in the 90's!

It's funny because even 23 years later I'm still friends with many of them. My good friend Rog, I dated him 23 years ago. I now live only an hour away from him and haven't seen him since 1995. Lol

Gotta love Facebook!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 07:33:48 PM »
My Facebook friend who was excited about this only wants the pancakes. From the comments here it sounds like they're in the minority! I told them I'll be enjoying my homemade pancakes and real maple syrup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 07:36:45 PM »
My Facebook friend who was excited about this only wants the pancakes. From the comments here it sounds like they're in the minority! I told them I'll be enjoying my homemade pancakes and real maple syrup.

I have 2 boxes of Aunt Jemima complete pancake mix sitting in my pantry. I'm saving them for a special occasion. Lol

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 08:22:08 PM »
I have 2 boxes of Aunt Jemima complete pancake mix sitting in my pantry. I'm saving them for a special occasion. Lol

I have celiac so it's always by scratch but soooo good!

• Liked: 111
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2017, 04:38:46 AM »

The next time I'm in the UK, remind me to introduce you to my in-laws from Greater Manchester. They would come to Houston to visit my family for two weeks at a time and ate at Denny's every single day for breakfast and dinner. We would do day trips to San Antonio and Austin and guess where we would end up for lunch? They will be thrilled at the news of it expanding there. Personally, I could go the rest of my lifetime without going there again!

• Liked: 68
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2017, 09:31:13 AM »
The comments on their Facebook page makes it seem like Denny's has been a hit amongst Brits who have visited the UK, surprisingly. (They're also showing pictures of the mugs they have stolen from there :-P )

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 09:37:13 AM »
The comments on their Facebook page makes it seem like Denny's has been a hit amongst Brits who have visited the UK, surprisingly. (They're also showing pictures of the mugs they have stolen from there :-P )

I ate at Denny's a few times when I was younger, but it's been about 13 years since I last went to one (when I was on my US study abroad year).

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 11:00:49 AM »
The next time I'm in the UK, remind me to introduce you to my in-laws from Greater Manchester. They would come to Houston to visit my family for two weeks at a time and ate at Denny's every single day for breakfast and dinner. We would do day trips to San Antonio and Austin and guess where we would end up for lunch? They will be thrilled at the news of it expanding there. Personally, I could go the rest of my lifetime without going there again!

Isn’t that funny how some people never get tired of eating out? 

When I stay at my family in NC at the beach, they literally eat out every single meal, breakfast lunch and dinner.  At first it’s great as I miss American restaurant food, but after 4 days or so I can’t bear the thought of going to another restaurant! 

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 11:18:00 AM »
I have celiac so it's always by scratch but soooo good!

Are they proper American style?  If so, can you share your recipe?  My husband gets envious when I make pancakes for me and the kid.

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 02:47:28 PM »
Are they proper American style?  If so, can you share your recipe?  My husband gets envious when I make pancakes for me and the kid.
I'll pm the recipes I use when I'm home later tonight :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 04:01:38 PM »
I'll pm the recipes I use when I'm home later tonight :)

Awesome!

• Liked: 33
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2017, 05:31:11 AM »
Honestly, I don't think the UK needs Denny's. Any greasy spoon caf here will do at least an equal quality breakfast, and many are way better. In my small town, we have at least a dozen great places to get breakfast. Granted, it's not biscuits and gravy or thick pancakes, but a lot of British people think those are weird, so why try to force it?

I hear you.  I don't think the *US* needs Denny's! I've never been in one that wasn't filthy and revolting.🤢 But maybe that's not the norm.

Waffle House is a different story.

So true--my husband doesn't understand pancakes as a key breakfast thing either. And he is also confused by the American concept of gravy (i.e., the thick type). And biscuits, which are supposed to be cookies. Ha.

• Liked: 672
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 08:48:39 AM »
YEA! Denny's!  We used to go in once a week for a sizzling skillet. Daughter is hopping up and down happy to hear there will be an option again....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab