Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Gun Law Views Inlight of Las Vegas Shooting  (Read 8744 times)

• Liked: 957
Re: Gun Law Views Inlight of Las Vegas Shooting
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2018, 11:26:20 PM »
Did you guys read "Brave New World" in high school? Or was it not required reading by then?
I read it for my honors class, still one of my favorite books read in school. (and my autocorrect really hates it when I use American spelling)

A friend posted that things needed to change, and I suggested that they have a database of ammo purchases much like they do for cough medicine. Got a bunch of people telling me that'd make the US like nazi Germany, that it's too expensive, and couldn't work. Ffs. You can't buy cough medicine without giving your license and having the store log it. It goes into a system where algorithms flag unusual purchases, like banks do for potential fraud. Its bullshit to say that oversight is taking away freedoms. If you're following the law you won't have any problems but might occasionally have to answer questions about why you buy so much ammo. It's not hard, not overly intrusive, and likely will save lives. We need the gun owners to realise this is a public health crisis and it deserves the same response as the opioid crisis, which is also not getting enough funding. But we can throw a $30M parade to flex our military muscles toward North Korea

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
Re: Gun Law Views Inlight of Las Vegas Shooting
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2018, 07:35:59 AM »
Did you guys read "Brave New World" in high school? Or was it not required reading by then?

It wasn't required reading at all. I don't think 1984 was either.

I read it on accident one day at work, I stumbled (using stunbleupon) and ended up on a website that hosted the novel and read it that day. I didn't realise it was an important (or famous) novel until I got to the end and looked to see what the title was. Haha.

It's crazy how prescient he was back in the 30s, was it the 30's? I can't remember now...
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab