Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Set(m) ILR cash savings  (Read 1088 times)

• Liked: 4
Set(m) ILR cash savings
« on: October 03, 2017, 09:16:12 AM »
Hi all

Not sure if this is covered elsewhere.

We are using the cash savings we have for our ILR app.

I'm applying in November so will need to show bank statements for May - October

In April I had 38000 in my current account. Mid may I had 42000 in the same account but I stupidly moved 20000 to a savings account in the same bank.

So since then my bank balance has been 20k on savings account and 20+ on current account.

If I show both accounts will it be okay.

Also the wife has some chunky savings in a fixed rate account. Which can be renewed every year in December. Could we show that account. However there's a small loss of interest if withdrawn before expiry but it's still more than the required savings.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Set(m) ILR cash savings
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 09:39:59 AM »
Hi all

Not sure if this is covered elsewhere.

We are using the cash savings we have for our ILR app.

I'm applying in November so will need to show bank statements for May - October

In April I had 38000 in my current account. Mid may I had 42000 in the same account but I stupidly moved 20000 to a savings account in the same bank.

So since then my bank balance has been 20k on savings account and 20+ on current account.

If I show both accounts will it be okay.

Also the wife has some chunky savings in a fixed rate account. Which can be renewed every year in December. Could we show that account. However there's a small loss of interest if withdrawn before expiry but it's still more than the required savings.

It's probably easiest to provide the 6 months of statements from each of your own accounts.
I would mention in your letter that you moved some of the money from checking to savings but that the total amount remained over the requirement at all times during the required period.
They'll be able to see the money going from one account to the other on the same day, it won't be a problem.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:41:13 AM by larrabee »

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 02:08:44 AM »
Hiya

Upon putting my docs together confusion hits again.

It looks like it would be a great deal easier to use the wife's account.

Q1. The wife has an account which issues building society books. Not statements. (and its not a fixed account - rather an instant access account)
She can go to the bank and ask them to update the book and it will be updated to today's date and will show the correct balance today (last transaction was in 2015 so it will clearly show the period). Can we use this at all?

Q2. Going back on the original suggestion that I could use my own account. My account shows  The money that's come in to thevaccount from my company bank account. I'm thinking i shouldnt show that because I have to declare dividend taxes by January which I can't do right now. UKVI might either ask for self assessments or think that the savings will go down as taxes will be paid in January?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 06:33:58 AM »
Hiya

Upon putting my docs together confusion hits again.

It looks like it would be a great deal easier to use the wife's account.

Q1. The wife has an account which issues building society books. Not statements. (and its not a fixed account - rather an instant access account)
She can go to the bank and ask them to update the book and it will be updated to today's date and will show the correct balance today (last transaction was in 2015 so it will clearly show the period). Can we use this at all?

Q2. Going back on the original suggestion that I could use my own account. My account shows  The money that's come in to thevaccount from my company bank account. I'm thinking i shouldnt show that because I have to declare dividend taxes by January which I can't do right now. UKVI might either ask for self assessments or think that the savings will go down as taxes will be paid in January?

She can use her updated Building Society book, yes. Just remember that the most recent date needs to be within 28 days of your application date.

(2) a building society pass book must clearly show:
(i) the account number;
(ii) the building society’s name and logo; and
(iii) the information required on transactions, funds held and time period(s) or as otherwise specified in this Appendix in relation to bank statements; and/or

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

So if she has enough to cover the requirement in that account then that's all you need to provide. If not, you need to use yours as well.

Tax returns are not a requirement for the savings category.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab