Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US Passport renewal using DX in London  (Read 982 times)

• Liked: 0
US Passport renewal using DX in London
« on: October 04, 2017, 05:44:36 PM »
Hey Everyone! I'm just in the process of renewing my US passport through the embassy in London and have arranged a collection from DX tomorrow. When I spoke with them, I was told that there are no appointments and that the courier could arrive any time between 8am and 6pm. Has this been the experience of others who have used this service (which is the only option as you cannot apply in-person or use Royal Mail anymore, apparently)? Also, they require pre-payment and took credit card information over the phone today, which I find a little unsettling...
For those who have been through this process recently, have you had any experiences that others should be aware of? And, other than the renewal form, photo, payment info page, and current passport, is there anything else you should send with the courier (return envelope, etc.)?
Apologies for the long-windedness and thanks in advance for any responses!

• Liked: 4985
Re: US Passport renewal using DX in London
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 05:49:53 PM »
Dx is fine.  It's who the embassy and Home Office both use.  You should be able to have a shorter window for a few more £ though.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 05:51:37 PM »
We did it a few months ago for my husband. The whole process was smooth sailing.

I was impressed with the service from Dx actually.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 12:48:41 PM »
commenting so I can find this easier when I get home from work as I'm going to be renewing my passport soon! (really as soon as I can get my a*se into gear).
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 07:34:47 PM »
...Annndddd I'm back because I am now getting around to renewing my passport...

Does the passport renewal seem to ask more questions than what's actually on your current passport? It's looking for hair colour and eye colour and height and occupation etc.

None of that stuff is listed on my current passport so was just making sure I've got the right form (although I'm not sure what other form I could've clicked on to be honest...).
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links