Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Possible refusal  (Read 2249 times)

• Liked: 287
Re: Possible refusal
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 09:55:14 PM »
the glass is half full, level headed woman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trust me, once you have the visa in hand that glass won't be half full, it'll be full and you won't be level headed at all, you'll be tipsy from all the celebrating. Try and relax, enjoy the weekend, keep yourself busy and wait till you get that envelope in hand.  :)
Application Type : FLR(M)
Application Submitted online on: 19/08/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/20 using IDV App
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): no
Decision Email: 18/12/2020
Decision Letter Received on: 18/12/2020
BRP Card Received on: 22/12/2020
Decision: APPROVED

• Liked: 3595
Possible refusal
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 09:58:36 PM »
I think so too.  This is how much of a freak I am. After I got the email I figured they got something wrong and I read a post on another site where the guy was worried about mistaken identity, that it had happened to him before.  So I decided to go to our local FBI office to see if I could pull my report and check for errors.

Okay, that's a first! I've been on the forum almost 11 years and have seen probably thousands of people applying... and I've never, ever heard of this happening to a single applicant.

UKVI likely won't even do a background check on you, so they wouldn't mistake you for someone else anyway. It's your responsibility to send them evidence of who you are... they just check your passport and your biometrics to confirm your identity. So, as long as your passport isn't fake and no one else attended your biometrics appointment in your place, there's nothing to worry about regarding your identity.

• Liked: 14
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 10:03:04 PM »
No its all me. That surprises me that they don't. I thought they ran your fingerprints against the database to check for criminal records. I guess that guy was wrong. Thanks for correcting my info.

Documents sent:  Oct 2, 2017
Documents recd:  Oct 4, 2017
Approved:  Oct 4, 2017
Arrived in UK:  Nov 2, 2017

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 10:22:02 PM »
No its all me. That surprises me that they don't. I thought they ran your fingerprints against the database to check for criminal records. I guess that guy was wrong. Thanks for correcting my info.

I don't think they do - though the guidance does say they run background checks, I'm not sure they actually do anything particularly thorough, considering it only takes 1-2 hours to process the visa and make a decision once they get to your application.

If you have a criminal record, it's your responsibility to list it in the application form and provide the court paperwork from it.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 04:46:05 PM »
If you have a criminal record, it's your responsibility to list it in the application form and provide the court paperwork from it.

The Home Office have finally started to to ask for proof of their clean criminal record in other countries they have lived in, but atm, that is just for the Tier 2 General visa and only for certain jobs.

UKVI now looking back over their past immigratiion applications, have caught a lot out years later.

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 04:57:13 PM »
The Home Office have finally started to to ask for proof of their clean criminal record in other countries they have lived in, but atm, that is just for the Tier 2 General visa and only for certain jobs.

UKVI now looking back over their past immigratiion applications, have caught a lot out years later.
That surprises me. I would think all applicants would undergo a background check. I just assumed that since they scanned my fingerprints that would be done automatically.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 05:43:16 PM »
That surprises me. I would think all applicants would undergo a background check. I just assumed that since they scanned my fingerprints that would be done automatically.

That won't work until all the countries share information, which I doubt will be far away now. But in the past it has been very easy for dishonest people to use deception for a UK visa as they just lie on the application. In the past, the UK has relied on honsety. ::)

The infamous "Lord Haw Haw" was jung for treason in London, but it was discovered that he lied to get British citizenship. ;D

Using deception is very serious and although uk-yankee always tell people not to use deception, it's not the same on other sites. With all the checks into their history the UK is making, there are always posts on those forums now from people who have been caught under the new checks. Even Brtiish citzenship can be removed if they used deception in any application, even if they didn't use that application as part of their British citizenship application.

The EU allows criminals to live in other EU countries, even if that country has deported them when they are released from jail. These criminals rely on remaining in the UK on EU laws as they will never get citizenship: unless they lie, but then they risk having BC removed at a later date when they are caught out in that lie. EU laws end on Brexit.

It is going to get harder for these dishonest people.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:05:25 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2017, 05:48:25 PM »
Okay, that's a first!

haha was just going to say that it's the first I've heard of somebody properly going to the FBI in this instance!

As everybody else mentioned, you'll be able to relax once you get a decision in hand!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2017, 06:12:08 PM »
haha was just going to say that it's the first I've heard of somebody properly going to the FBI in this instance!

As everybody else mentioned, you'll be able to relax once you get a decision in hand!
I know just the quick respond took me off guard and I wanted to make sure all was in order with my record.  On another forum they were telling people they had to include traffic violations because that is an offense. I can't remember which forum it was. There is bad information out there causing people anxiety (myself included) I actually thought about having a background check done so I could include it with my application but when I was told I would be fingerprinted I figured they were doing it already. All will be known tomorrow if I don't worry myself into an early grave tonight lol

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2017, 06:14:22 PM »
I know just the quick respond took me off guard and I wanted to make sure all was in order with my record.  On another forum they were telling people they had to include traffic violations because that is an offense. I can't remember which forum it was. There is bad information out there causing people anxiety (myself included) I actually thought about having a background check done so I could include it with my application but when I was told I would be fingerprinted I figured they were doing it already. All will be known tomorrow if I don't worry myself into an early grave tonight lol

Haha it'll all be sorted soon enough! Just a few more hours! Hang in there!! You can do it!!

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 06:46:33 PM »
On another forum they were telling people they had to include traffic violations because that is an offense. I can't remember which forum it was.

You should include traffic violations...the VAF4a form (paper version of the online application) states:

6.9 Do you have any criminal convictions either in the UK or overseas (you must include spent and unspent convictions as well as traffic offences)?

We recommend including even minor traffic violations, even if it's only to show you are being honest and are disclosing everything - and just to make sure that something you think is trivial actually is trivial.

Someone with a criminal conviction applied a few years ago and thought that it was considered spent after 5 years and wouldn't affect the visa. However, the nature of the conviction meant that it was actually not spent for 10 years... so the visa was refused (it had only been about 6 years). If they had NOT disclosed it, because they thought it didn't matter, and UKVI discovered they had failed to mention it, they could have been refused based on deception, which carries a 10-year ban from the UK.

You HAVE to disclose:
- criminal convictions, including traffic offences

We recommended that you disclose:
- parking tickets
- speeding tickets
- other traffic violations that did not result in a conviction

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 06:55:24 PM »
You should include traffic violations...the VAF4a form (paper version of the online application) states:

We recommend including even minor traffic violations, even if it's only to show you are being honest and are disclosing everything - and just to make sure that something you think is trivial actually is trivial.

Someone with a criminal conviction applied a few years ago and thought that it was considered spent after 5 years and wouldn't affect the visa. However, the nature of the conviction meant that it was actually not spent for 10 years... so the visa was refused (it had only been about 6 years). If they had NOT disclosed it, because they thought it didn't matter, and UKVI discovered they had failed to mention it, they could have been refused based on deception, which carries a 10-year ban from the UK.

You HAVE to disclose:
- criminal convictions, including traffic offences

We recommended that you disclose:
- parking tickets
- speeding tickets
- other traffic violations that did not result in a conviction

Great. I didn't. So I don't know what to do now. I suppose if they were going to ask for more info they would have told me or just refused my application? Well the decision has been made so I will find out tomorrow if that has impacted their decision. 

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 07:02:02 PM »
Great. I didn't. So I don't know what to do now. I suppose if they were going to ask for more info they would have told me or just refused my application? Well the decision has been made so I will find out tomorrow if that has impacted their decision. 

If they weren't criminal convictions, it won't have any impact at all on the application and there's no need to worry. As I said, we only recommend that you include traffic offences just to be thorough, not because they are a requirement.

The guidance for how to answer 6.9 states:

6.9 Do you have any criminal convictions either in the UK or overseas (you must include spent and unspent convictions as well as traffic offences)?

Answer Yes/No. Please give details of the date and place (country) of the offence and what you were convicted of. Please state what sentence you received. To assist your application, you may want to supply documentary evidence of the conviction (e.g. the official record) detailing the crime you were convicted of and the sentence you received. We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants and dependants. You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a sentence of the court. This includes all drink-driving offences.

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 07:04:23 PM »
Thank you for clarifying that. I truly appreciate it

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 07:06:56 PM »

This is what it says in the guidance. So if you just had fixed penalty tickets you're OK.

You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions.This includes road traffic offences but not  fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a sentence of the court. This includes all drink-driving offences.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-uk-visa-applications-using-forms-vaf2-to-vaf8b

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab