Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: As director of an limited company, how to set up a workplace pension?  (Read 623 times)

• Liked: 0
I've been told one of the most tax efficient way to maintain my savings in the UK for the long term is to set up a workplace pension via my company.

Could anyone please break down for me how to do this?

It seems this would be in the form of a SIPP and I need to join something like Cavendish. But I know that most companies like this don't actually accept American applicants....

Is anyone else operating a workplace pension as the director of their own company?

Thank you!

Re: As director of an limited company, how to set up a workplace pension?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to my question? thank you.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 03:25:02 PM »
My financial advisor set this up for me and I don't know any more details off the top of my head.  I suspect the whole thing was a giant rip off, chosen to generate maximum commission for him.  It's a major item on my to do list to determine if this is the right approach. 

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 03:26:51 PM »
Mine had no problems accepting an American.  Sorry I don't have very good info, that's why I didn't respond earlier.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 05:04:24 PM »
I think I will decide to go with is the system I'm now offering to my employees, Smart Pensions.

I have no idea how they invest the money but least I'll get something out of it.

The question now really is how much do I put in terms of contributions. All the advice I see on it is for UK-only citizens suggesting it's better to maximise ISAs. Very frustrating!

Sponsored Links