Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship taking more than 6 months  (Read 566 times)

• Liked: 1
Citizenship taking more than 6 months
« on: October 09, 2017, 01:54:31 PM »
Has anyone had to wait longer than the 6 month timeline for their citizenship?

I applied in April through the checking service, so they made sure all of my paperwork was in order, but we are still waiting on an answer. We've never had any issues with any of the others steps, so it really makes no sense what is holding this one up. I am convinced they are going to deny me at this point. (although there is really no logic reason why I would be) The stress and uncertainty is getting to me.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Citizenship taking more than 6 months
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 02:05:21 PM »
I wouldn't worry. I'm sure they are just snowed under.
They have had literally thousands of extra applications from EU citizens that they wouldn't normally have had, had Brexit not happened.

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 03:20:34 PM »
 ;D I'm very good at worrying, especially when it comes to things I have little control over. I check for an update multiple times a day, but we have been stuck since May on "Awaiting Decision." I just have a dread of them tearing my family apart. The uncertainty really is quite cruel and puts undue stress on a marriage.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 03:26:10 PM »
;D I'm very good at worrying, especially when it comes to things I have little control over. I check for an update multiple times a day, but we have been stuck since May on "Awaiting Decision." I just have a dread of them tearing my family apart. The uncertainty really is quite cruel and puts undue stress on a marriage.

But you have ILR. You don't even need to be a citizen in order to be able to stay in the UK. Please don't worry.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 04:30:19 PM »
I just applied for citizenship two weeks ago and they said that they are currently truly running at about six months.  I have a friend in real life who just got her invitation to her ceremony and she applied early April, so nearly six months to the day.  She has to wait another few weeks for her ceremony so will be seven months all in.

• Liked: 223
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 06:39:30 PM »
;D I'm very good at worrying, especially when it comes to things I have little control over.

I'm pretty sure this is a requirement for the visa/citizenship applications. I'd be worried if you weren't nervous. It's easy to say you shouldn't be, but we all know this is a stressful process. You're almost at the end. Hang tight!
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 342
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 07:29:43 PM »
I wouldn't worry. I'm sure they are just snowed under.
They have had literally thousands of extra applications from EU citizens that they wouldn't normally have had, had Brexit not happened.

It's millions, not thousands. ;) Half a million of those using the EU rules in the UK, were granted citizenship just in the first 12 months after the Leave the EU vote. They have to apply for a DCPR (EU citizens) and PRC (non-EU citizens) before they can apply for citizenship and those are now backed up too.

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 07:32:24 PM »
It's millions, not thousands. ;) Half a million of those using the EU rules in the UK, were granted citizenship just in the first 12 months after the Leave the EU vote. They have to apply for a DCPR (EU citizens) and PRC (non-EU citizens) before they can apply for citizenship and those are now backed up too.

I was going to try to be more specific but I knew you'd be along with the correct info. Thanks Sirius!

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 10:40:23 PM »
I just applied for citizenship two weeks ago and they said that they are currently truly running at about six months.  I have a friend in real life who just got her invitation to her ceremony and she applied early April, so nearly six months to the day.  She has to wait another few weeks for her ceremony so will be seven months all in.

This makes me feel slightly better. Good luck with your application.

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 02:52:07 AM »
I just wanted to update. My status changed today to "Decided" with a Date of the 12th. We will know within 10 days if I was successful. Eeek!

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 05:07:14 AM »
I just wanted to update. My status changed today to "Decided" with a Date of the 12th. We will know within 10 days if I was successful. Eeek!

Exciting!  :) Glad you're nearly done waiting!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab