Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help needed on getting fingerprints done in the UK for US criminal background  (Read 558 times)

• Liked: 3
My husband got offered a F/T position last week (yay!).  As we've been in the UK for <2months, they want him to do a US (Oregon background check).  He's contacted the State of Oregon and what they need is for him to submit fingerprints, along with the application.

He thought he could do this at the Post office, but apparently not, as they only do fingerprints for UK matters.  He went to the local police station, but it is a cumbersome and expensive process.  Wondering if anyone here has had to do something similar and could give advice on this.

• Liked: 163
When I needed fingerprints done, I did them at the local police station. I don't remember it being cumbersome, but it was about £50. I couldn't find a way to do them cheaper.

• Liked: 3597
I was looking into this for a potential immigration application in the future, and from my research, it appears the only way to give fingerprints is through the police station.

• Liked: 1893
In the US it’s free, and not cumbersome at all.  In fact, last time I visited they were pretty insistent.  There was even a guy who offered to use his stick to help if things got cumbersome.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:15:51 PM by jimbocz »

• Liked: 20
It's not always free, my local police department charges $10 per fingerprint card.

• Liked: 6111
It's not always free, my local police department charges $10 per fingerprint card.

I think Jimbo is talking about the non-voluntary kind of fingerprint taking!

• Liked: 4985

You gotta know Jimbo...   ;D

I think they offer a free photography service as well!

• Liked: 6111
B&B.

• Liked: 4985
Rewards for good behaviour!

• Liked: 20
I think Jimbo is talking about the non-voluntary kind of fingerprint taking!

Quite.  I copped on when I read it again. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab