Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: There must some kinda way outta here.... SEA to UK  (Read 2514 times)

• Liked: 154
Re: There must some kinda way outta here.... SEA to UK
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 08:16:09 AM »
Honestly? I never screamed at my computer for how frustrating things were. I b*tched at my fiance at how dumb his country is. But he agreed with me for a lot of it.

Just wait until you get to experience UK Health and Safety first hand at work... classes are required to climb a ladder or handle heavy things. Having to fill out multiple pages of paperwork when you start your job about the "dangers" of your desk/computer in your office job. It's... interesting.

I agree.. some of our worst fights were around visas and the difficulty of it/ unfairness.  I was living at home to save money and whilst my parents didn't understand the ins and outs of it all even they could see how ridiculous it can be.

I just had to renew mine online at work. Then the system emailed me twice weekly for two months about the points I raised. some of them I was being quite cynical about.. like noise level.

We also have somebody come around roughly once or twice a month doing a health and safety audit. Seem ridiculous.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 09:04:17 AM »
I agree.. some of our worst fights were around visas and the difficulty of it/ unfairness.

This  is so incredibly relatable. Especially as it really messes with your mental state sometimes and you can think so illogically, which can just cause more fights. I was living at home with my parents as well and only working retail, so I didn't have any handovers to focus on or my own property/rental to worry about sorting out. I didn't even have to take alll of my posessions because my parents were wonderful enough to allow me to store anything I didn't take at theirs (but it just shows you how much crap you actually have as I haven't looked at those items in the last 4+ years/various trips back home with the exception of wanting to grab some books). It just gave me more time to get restless as I had nothing to take my mind off of this process which meant more things to fixate on, get upset about, etc. etc.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 9
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 03:48:17 AM »
I believe you and your pup can travel to the UK by ship. The Queen Mary 2 has kennels and you can visit your pet every day during the crossing. It's good for the snub nosed breeds. Here's a link https://ask.cunard.com/help/fleet/kennel_info

• Liked: 342
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 04:42:44 PM »

We also have somebody come around roughly once or twice a month doing a health and safety audit. Seem ridiculous.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/8921863/EU-safety-rules-costly-and-pointless-experts-tell-ministers.html

• Liked: 1
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 09:21:25 PM »
Nothing wrong with Lufthansa mate. Hundlife did Seattle to Heathrow on a BA flight but ended up in Germany for god knows what reason. Bath, heated kennels, rewormed and put on the first Lufthansa flight to London the next day. No extra duckets and the little pup was totally amped up when we collected him from customs. Pet Taxis outta Woodinville.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 01:54:51 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/8921863/EU-safety-rules-costly-and-pointless-experts-tell-ministers.html

Sorry I've just now seen this now. I don't think they should do away with all of the rules. But some seem ridiculous.

We have people come around and check our tires quarterly for health and safety... which is a nice benefit but can be an excessive cost. We also aren't allowed to pull in car spots but have to back in for health and safety reasons. 

We had a lady walk into a meeting room door from not paying attention recently and it was such a big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab