Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Yet another newbie here  (Read 804 times)

• Liked: 0
Yet another newbie here
« on: October 13, 2017, 08:21:17 PM »
Hello,

I'm Maria.  My husband and I are planning to move from Phoenix, Arizona to the London area in, hopefully, the second half of 2018.  (Yeah, big difference.  I expect to basically live in my winter coat the entire first year.)  We want to move for a wide assortment of reasons, some of which are more personal than others, but they all sum up to the fact that we believe it's the best choice for the life we want.  We've got a dog and three cats.  He works in computer… programming stuff, and I work in aviation, and I'm also still working on my Bachelor's degree.

We're both US citizens, expecting to seek a tier 2 general visa, based on the advice given to us by an immigration lawyer a friend suggested to us.  For the specific aviation-related stuff that I work with, it's best if I apply for British citizenship as soon as I'm eligible, so we're planning with that in mind.  Right now we've got so many questions that I can't even think of them all (and on top of that, I'm in the middle of an unusually heavy-workload semester) so I just decided to register and probably lurk for a little while before I get settled enough to ask questions and participate.  But I wanted to get the introductions out of the way, so there you have it!

Maria

• Liked: 6110
Re: Yet another newbie here
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 08:34:49 PM »
Hi Maria, welcome!  :)

You've probably already found this but just in case.  :)

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general

• Liked: 424
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 11:28:38 PM »
Welcome Maria!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 11:15:54 AM »
Welcome!  There's plenty of computer work here but salaries may be lower than expected.  Also, it's very focused on London and a few other big cities. 

• Liked: 342
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 11:52:47 AM »
Welcome

The present list of work sponsors.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-of-licensed-sponsors-workers

No contracting allowed so be wary of those who claim they can get you a Tier 2 General visa, but that they expect you to find your own work and pay a slice of your wages to them. The visa holder needs to be working for the company that sponsors them.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:54:13 AM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab