Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for FLR (M)- Last minute questions  (Read 1583 times)

• Liked: 2
Applying for FLR (M)- Last minute questions
« on: October 15, 2017, 04:25:48 PM »
Hello,

I have my same day appointment for Nov 5th. Just getting all off the last minute details in order.
I just had some final questions to make sure I am not missing anything. These things confused me and I just want to make sure I am on the right track.

1.   For the type of visa i have what category do I put down? Marriage/CP? This is what is labeled as the type on my visa. But theres nothing about a "category" is type and category the same thing for them? I came in on a Fiance Settlement Visa for 6 months to marry then once married can apply for the FLR (M)
2.   What type of wedding ceremony did we have? What do they mean by this? Do they want to know if we had a religious ceremony? (we didn't) It wouldn't be civil would it? Excuse my ignorance, but isn't civil considered same sex? We are not same sex.
3.   Is there another form that we need to fill out? Is there a form that my sponsor has to fill out like the SU07 that we did originally for the Fiance Settlement Visa?

Thank you!

xx Symphonie

• Liked: 3595
Re: Applying for FLR (M)- Last minute questions
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 04:32:03 PM »
1.   For the type of visa i have what category do I put down? Marriage/CP? This is what is labeled as the type on my visa. But theres nothing about a "category" is type and category the same thing for them? I came in on a Fiance Settlement Visa for 6 months to marry then once married can apply for the FLR (M)

For question 2.1, which category you are applying under, you tick the first box: "Spouse or partner of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document."

For question 2.2, is this the first time you have applied for a settlement visa, you tick NO

For question 2.3, stage of extension you are applying for, you tick the first box - first period of leave to remain

For 5.3 (what category were you granted permission to enter the UK), you put something like '6-month marriage settlement visa' or 'settlement visa as the fiance of a settled person'

2.   What type of wedding ceremony did we have? What do they mean by this? Do they want to know if we had a religious ceremony? (we didn't) It wouldn't be civil would it? Excuse my ignorance, but isn't civil considered same sex? We are not same sex.

You just put what type of ceremony it was, for example, religious, registry office etc.

3.   Is there another form that we need to fill out? Is there a form that my sponsor has to fill out like the SU07 that we did originally for the Fiance Settlement Visa?

No, there's just the one form, FLR(M): https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-form-flrm

In fact, SU07 is not needed for the fiance visa either and you did not need to fill it out at all.

SU07 is for exceptional circumstances visas only - namely elderly dependant relatives and adult dependant relatives, who are unable to care for themselves and are completely physically and financially dependant on the UK citizen.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:35:13 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 07:58:30 PM »
For question 2.1, which category you are applying under, you tick the first box: "Spouse or partner of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document."

For question 2.2, is this the first time you have applied for a settlement visa, you tick NO

For question 2.3, stage of extension you are applying for, you tick the first box - first period of leave to remain

For 5.3 (what category were you granted permission to enter the UK), you put something like '6-month marriage settlement visa' or 'settlement visa as the fiance of a settled person'

You just put what type of ceremony it was, for example, religious, registry office etc.

No, there's just the one form, FLR(M): https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-form-flrm

In fact, SU07 is not needed for the fiance visa either and you did not need to fill it out at all.

SU07 is for exceptional circumstances visas only - namely elderly dependant relatives and adult dependant relatives, who are unable to care for themselves and are completely physically and financially dependant on the UK citizen.
THANK YOUUUUU!!!! xx

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 02:48:35 PM »
I have a few more questions....TWO MORE WEEKS today! :)

Section 9~ Biometric Residence permit. I do not have one, so that part is obvious. But I did have my fingerprints taken in the states, so I'll put where down in 9.14, however the following question is a bit confusing:

"9.15: Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application (s) was or were made abroad."

Is this in reference to THIS, FLR(M), application? Or in reference to when I had my fingerprints taken?

Then for Section 14- Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks. My husband and I have a joint bank account, the water bill is in both our names, and the council tax as well. When it says for the "other person" involved on these joint accounts, so I have him sign this one as well as the sponsor one too? So because we have a joint account he should sign both the second and third after mine since he is also my financial sponsor? Just making sure.

Thank you. :)

Applying for FLR (M)- Last minute questions
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 02:57:29 PM »
For 9.15 you put the address of the consulate that issued your fiancé visa - so that will be the address of UKVI Sheffield.

For section 14, if your husband is named jointly on some of the accounts then he signs the declaration on page 68, plus the sponsor declaration on page 72, but he DOES NOT sign the one on page 69.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:58:52 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 03:19:48 PM »
Ahhhh!!! ok that makes sense. Thank you! :)

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 03:39:15 PM »
We paid online, so we don't need to fill out the payment details right? We are doing in person same day decision. We just need to include the paid in full confirmation page right?

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 03:40:51 PM »
Yes, that’s correct - you just take along your payment confirmation/receipt to the appointment.

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 03:42:24 PM »
For the Section 1 it says 1.1: Your Title. I put what's on my passport or my current title "Mrs."? I think just whats on my passport right? Sorry I know this was in the beginning but I am jsut making sure about everything.

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 03:46:58 PM »
And then after 1.4 it says surname at 1.5. but doesnt say whats on my passport so I should put down my new Surname: Wolzak (Married instead of Maiden)

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »
Well, your visa will be issued in the name on your passport only, so for 1.1 I’d probably go with what’s in your passport

For 1.4 you put your full name as in your passport

For 1.5 you put your surname as it is listed in your passport.

1.5 is just confirming which of your names on your passport is your surname... because in some countries (mainly Asia), the surname is written first.

For example, there’s a Chinese badminton player called Lin Dan. Dan is his first name and Lin is his surname

So, he would answer:
1.4 Lin Dan
1.5 Lin

Whereas someone called John Smith would answer:
1.4 John Smith
1.5 Smith

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 12:10:38 PM »
So i believe we have EVERYTHING for the financial requirement. I was double checking on the website, and this is what i'm understanding that is all we need:

6 months pay slips
Bank statements
P60
Letter of employment
Letter from the bank to confirm his bank account

and then for our "same address" I have the following:
a.   Marriage Certificate. A copy of our marriage certificate to prove our living together at the same address. (Official certificate can be found under Tab 4: Relationship details)
b.   Council Tax. Two documents provided. The first one dated: 18 August 2017, to prove my living upon my first arrival 17 July 2017, with my maiden name: Rendon. The second one dated: 29 September 2017, to prove my continued living after marriage, 24 September 2017, with my married name: Wolzak.
c.   Bank Letters. I have here proving evidence of my new checking account with Barclays Bank that is under my married name: Symphonie Yvette Wolzak along with the address that you will see is the same as Alexis Jacob Wolzak, my now husband.
I have also provided two documents showing our (me and Alex) joint bank account. You will see we both have letters from the bank confirming the same account number along with the same address these letters were sent too. 
d.   Water statement. I have provided the water statement that has been addressed to both of us. This is also in my married name: Wolzak.
e.   (2) Wedding Vendor Letters. (1st) Letter from florist: a bill for the flowers of the wedding addressed to both Alex and me. (2nd) Letter from wedding venue: Hatfield House, also addressed to both Alex and me.
f.   A prescription from a local medical centre. This shows my name and living address, along with my date of birth to match up with my passport, and the date I visited (before married). I had a UTI, and needed proper antibiotics to rid the infection.
g.   A letter addressed to me from my private insurance company: Cigna. Showing the same address as my husband to prove our living together.
h.   Electric bill. This is addressed to my husband, Alexis Jacob Wolzak. I was not able to be on this bill as this is a direct debit from his HSBC account.
i.   Mortgage Statement. This is addressed to my husband, Alexis Jacob Wolzak. The mortgage is under his name.

would you say this is more than enough info for immigration and meets all the requirement?

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 12:44:38 PM »
I see from your other posts you arrived in July 2017?

What dates are all your documents from? Do you have 6 documents in each name?

You can use the following, but you want to try to make sure they are approximately evenly spaced between July 2017 and Oct/Nov 2017:

- Council Tax dated 18 August 2017
- Council tax dated 29 September 2017
- Bank Letters.... dated when?
- Water statement... dated when?
- Insurance letter... dated when?
- Electric bill... dated when?
- Mortgage Statement.... dated when?

You can't really use the wedding vendor letters, because they are not official correspondence.

I've never heard of anyone using a prescription before though. Instead, do you have any letters from the NHS? Maybe with your NHS number on it?

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 01:26:11 PM »
Dates are fine, I can supply things from when I first arrive no problem. I have another letter from the insurance from when I first arrived.
Bank letters are recent as I have JUST received as we just did it once we got married.
His bank letters and correspondence is through the year.
Water statement is just recent as we just got married on the 24th as well.
Electric statement is recent as the earlier one we have isn't most recent and I can't be on that bill, but I did put it in to show that we both live under the same address. We essentially have four items, so then we only need to supply two each with the same address right?

Things we share:
Council Tax
Marriage certificate
Joint bank account statement
Water bill

then we each send in two items with the same address each right?
for him he has his mortgage letter and statement from the bank and his electric bill

for me I have my private insurance coverage ( i can show early on and now) and a prescription from a visit I had just three days after I visited.

I do not have a NHS number only a IHS number, so nothing official from the NHS.

I only put in the wedding vendors letter as extras.

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 01:32:39 PM »
Can you post the dates of all your documents, please?

You only need to supply 6 (in each name), so if we can see the dates, we can double-check you are including the right ones. It's not about them being recent, it's about them being 'evenly spaced' over the 4 months since you arrived, AND making sure that if they are separately addressed, they are dated close enough to each other to be acceptable.

You can't use your marriage certificate for the co-habitation documents... they have to be official letters you have received in the post, with your address at the top.

I do not have a NHS number only a IHS number, so nothing official from the NHS.

Have you registered with a GP? If so, you have an NHS number, as it is automatically assigned to you upon registration.

If you haven't registered with a GP yet, I would do so.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab