Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Update/When can I apply to switch visas?  (Read 229 times)

• Liked: 10
Update/When can I apply to switch visas?
« on: October 16, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »
Hey!

Thanks so much for the advice on my earlier post about switching from Tier4 to the spouse visa.

We have received a letter from Home Office that our notice will not be extended so we are now preparing for our ceremony. Yay :)

I just wanted to ask, when is the earliest I can switch visas? I have been reading different things online, the UK gov website says 28 days before my current visa expires. But I have read some people applying for it earlier than that (my visa is leave to enter not leave to remain)?

The reason I am asking is because I got a great job opportunity which agreed to hire me part-time temporarily until I hopefully get the new visa and they have been asking me when do I think I will be able to apply for it?

I'm sorry for asking so many silly questions we just want to make sure we do things right. :)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Update/When can I apply to switch visas?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 12:06:32 PM »
As soon as you are married and have your certificate in hand.

Congratulations!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 12:11:49 PM »
Do make sure that you are comfortable with the requirements and have all your other evidence ready to go also before you apply.  :)

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 01:58:04 PM »
As soon as you are married and have your certificate in hand.

Congratulations!

Thank you so much! that helps a lot.

we tried calling and asking the visa center and they said "We can't give you an answer on that" so it has been really frustrating for us lol

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 02:00:34 PM »
Do make sure that you are comfortable with the requirements and have all your other evidence ready to go also before you apply.  :)

Yes we have, so far so good. we have everything almost ready except for the marriage certificate/pictures. I am probably going to go through the requirements and documents a million times lol XD

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 02:01:37 PM »
Thank you so much! that helps a lot.

we tried calling and asking the visa center and they said "We can't give you an answer on that" so it has been really frustrating for us lol

NEVER call the visa centre :P.... they are completely useless and don't even know their own rules. They're also notorious for giving out incorrect information.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 02:02:58 PM »
Yes we have, so far so good. we have everything almost ready except for the marriage certificate/pictures. I am probably going to go through the requirements and documents a million times lol XD

If you'd like to post a list of all your documents here in this thread, we can check you have everything and that there's nothing missing :). Some of the document requirements are really specific and it's easy to miss something.

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 05:00:05 PM »
If you'd like to post a list of all your documents here in this thread, we can check you have everything and that there's nothing missing :). Some of the document requirements are really specific and it's easy to miss something.

Yeah, you're right. I will do so by the end of this week. Thank you so much! :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab