Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help please. Last minute questions before spending off FLR Spouse visa  (Read 205 times)

• Liked: 9
Hi all! Hope everyone is well and getting good news. It's been a while since we have posted in here, this is Alexandra (Kenneth's wife) posting on our behalf.  We have since gotten married since the approval of the fiance visa (hallelujah) and are now close to sending everything else off for the Spousal FLR visa but just wanted to make sure everything is okay to send off. 

Firstly, our forms of mail showing that we are at the same address are mixed between my maiden name and married name, should that be okay?

I also was trying to find the timeline on here for waiting times... We are definitely sending it priority this time around for reassurance. 

I also wanted to make sure that I am reading correctly that I will need to get fingerprints for the BRP but that I should do that after the visa is sent in?

Lastly, we have a huge binder that was our proof of relationship should we be sending that in again for this visa?

Hope this all makes sense, any advice is helpful! Thank you!!

• Liked: 1327
Re: Help please. Last minute questions before spending off FLR Spouse visa
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:29:33 PM »
Hi all! Hope everyone is well and getting good news. It's been a while since we have posted in here, this is Alexandra (Kenneth's wife) posting on our behalf.  We have since gotten married since the approval of the fiance visa (hallelujah) and are now close to sending everything else off for the Spousal FLR visa but just wanted to make sure everything is okay to send off. 

Firstly, our forms of mail showing that we are at the same address are mixed between my maiden name and married name, should that be okay?

I also was trying to find the timeline on here for waiting times... We are definitely sending it priority this time around for reassurance. 

I also wanted to make sure that I am reading correctly that I will need to get fingerprints for the BRP but that I should do that after the visa is sent in?

Lastly, we have a huge binder that was our proof of relationship should we be sending that in again for this visa?

Hope this all makes sense, any advice is helpful! Thank you!!

I will let someone else answer the maiden/married name issue as I didn't change my name so I haven't had to consider this issue.

For clarification, though, you/your partner previously applied for and were granted a marriage (fiance) visa, then moved to the UK, and the two of you got married.  And now you/your spouse are/is applying for your first FLR(M) visa from inside the UK.  Correct?

I'm asking because "priority" for FLR(M) is called "premium", and it's done via an in-person appointment where you physically bring in your application and supporting documents to a premium processing center, your biometrics (photo and fingerprints) are taken on the day, and you get your approval/rejection on the day.  This service is an additional £590 on top of the FLR(M) application fee and IHS.

Premium FLR(M) in-person is not recommended for most people because standard processing times for the visa are relatively quick (my last one took 6 weeks from the day I posted my application until the day my approval letter and supporting documents showed up at my door), and £590 is a lot to pay to save 6 to 8 weeks.  In some cases, it's necessary (impending travel, so you can't be without your passport for so long, etc.), though so it's up to you to determine whether you want or need to spend that much money for premium service.

Fingerprints for FLR(M) are either done at your in-person appointment if you do premium, or you will receive a letter in the post shortly after you sent in your application "inviting" you to submit your biometrics at a post office.

For relationship evidence now, you will include your marriage certificate.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:57:20 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Help please. Last minute questions before spending off FLR Spouse visa
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 05:33:38 AM »
It's fine that you mail is in your maiden and married names, your visa will be issued in the name on your passport.

Here is the little FLR(M) timeline thread. If you would like me to add you, just let me know your dates.  :)

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=91080.msg1183647#msg1183647

Don't send the binder!

Sponsored Links