Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: filed for visa intent to marry through Civil Partnership  (Read 358 times)

• Liked: 0
filed for visa intent to marry through Civil Partnership
« on: October 16, 2017, 11:23:53 PM »
I have a quick question for anyone who knows?  I was denied entry into Manchester England because immigration felt that I was going to get married without the proper visa.  I had no idea after talking to folks in England that you need permission from the UK to marry a UK citizen.   They allowed me five days to remain in England then I was to return to Manchester and take the flight out Monday the 4th of September.  Ok we both were gutted. 

I then on my return, applied for the intent to wed visa.  Nine pages, and answered each question to the best of my ability.  It was denied as they felt it wasn't genuine ( our relationship) and I didn't have the marriage plans set up.  It's hard to figure out the best way to answer the question.  Calculating that  we would first have to apply for a marriage/partnership license that takes normally 28 days and from that point is where we  would have the ceremony performed.   We haven't decided where the ceremony will take place but it important to the decision maker.  Should I just add this into my appeal? 

Last question:  when I apply again, do I have to fill out the same form and then do the fingerprints and redone as well??  I don't mind the application process but don't want to redo the fingerprinting unless its necessary.

My partner and I have been in a long distance relationship for eight years and its not the easies part of life but we have been committed on it.  Last year we got to spend xmas together for the first time in seven years...most of our calling is done via video...and while this is still a good option, it's not the same as being together. 

Your feedback would be most appreciated..

TJ

• Liked: 957
Re: filed for visa intent to marry through Civil Partnership
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 12:11:49 AM »
I have a quick question for anyone who knows?  I was denied entry into Manchester England because immigration felt that I was going to get married without the proper visa.  I had no idea after talking to folks in England that you need permission from the UK to marry a UK citizen.   They allowed me five days to remain in England then I was to return to Manchester and take the flight out Monday the 4th of September.  Ok we both were gutted. 

I then on my return, applied for the intent to wed visa.  Nine pages, and answered each question to the best of my ability.  It was denied as they felt it wasn't genuine ( our relationship) and I didn't have the marriage plans set up.  It's hard to figure out the best way to answer the question.  Calculating that  we would first have to apply for a marriage/partnership license that takes normally 28 days and from that point is where we  would have the ceremony performed.   We haven't decided where the ceremony will take place but it important to the decision maker.  Should I just add this into my appeal? 

Last question:  when I apply again, do I have to fill out the same form and then do the fingerprints and redone as well??  I don't mind the application process but don't want to redo the fingerprinting unless its necessary.

My partner and I have been in a long distance relationship for eight years and its not the easies part of life but we have been committed on it.  Last year we got to spend xmas together for the first time in seven years...most of our calling is done via video...and while this is still a good option, it's not the same as being together. 

TJ
Are you applying for the marriage settlement visa or the marriage visitor visa? They have different requirements (with some overlap).

If you plan to live in the U.K. after marrying, many find it easier to get married in the US legally and then later having a blessing ceremony in the U.K. Then you'd apply for the spousal settlement visa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
Re: filed for visa intent to marry through Civil Partnership
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 05:26:12 AM »

TJ

Hi Teejay.  :)  What is it that you want to do? Do you want to live in the UK or just get married there?
As margo mentioned, it's far easier to marry first in the US and then apply directly for the spouse visa.

You have to give your fingerprints for every single visa application. It's to prove that you are who you say you are.

If you let us know what your plans are, we can direct you to the correct form and help you with the evidence that you need to provide. The requirements are strict whichever one you apply for.

Sponsored Links