Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) - 2nd Spouse Visa - Send kids passports?  (Read 1044 times)

• Liked: 1
FLR(M) - 2nd Spouse Visa - Send kids passports?
« on: October 16, 2017, 11:27:41 PM »
I'm about to send off my application by post...

I KNOW I have to send my passport(s) for my FLR(M) application, and from what I read I only have to send a full photocopy of my wife's passport and don't have to send her UK passport itself.

...but on page 64 of 79 under the "Children" section
If you have dependent children under the age of 18 in the UK (or children who are over 18
and who have already been granted leave in this category as your dependent), you must
provide the documents listed below for each child, in addition to those already listed above,
even if they are not included in the application:
• Passports/travel documents to confirm your child’s immigration, settlement or citizenship
status.
• Biometric residence permit if your child has been issued with one since entering the UK.

It seems that even though my two kids who are already British citizens because their mom is British, I will have to submit their British passports even though they are obviously not on my FLR(M) application?

Can anybody tell me if I should send their UK passports also?  Reading a bit further it seems that maybe this part is for people on the Parent route of a British child, but not sure?

• Liked: 3597
Re: FLR(M) - 2nd Spouse Visa - Send kids passports?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 02:41:09 AM »
You have to send:

- a full copy of the UK sponsor's passport, including blank pages
- the passports of any children either of you have
- the birth certificates of any children either of you have
- evidence of where each child lives, dated within the last 3 months... for example, a letter addressed to them from their GP or school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 07:58:14 AM »
Yes, you send the passports.  They will tick off that they've been seen and return them around the same time you get the biometrics enrolment letter (within a week or so).

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 11:59:07 AM »
Okay got it... Thanks!

But we now have a dilemma... the kids don't have any correspondence from school or GP... actually I don't think we have mail with their name on it within the last 3 months.

What's our options? 

I'll try and call the gp office and hopefully they can mail us something this week.  And unfortunately the school's are closed for the week.

How else can we provide evidence?

Sent from my G620S-L01 using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 12:33:05 PM »
They recommend using the GP or school in the guidance.  The GP will do it for you, but likely charge a fee and take a week or so.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 01:04:57 PM »
They recommend using the GP or school in the guidance.  The GP will do it for you, but likely charge a fee and take a week or so.
Yeah, I called and the lady at the GP said we would need to come into the office (which will have to be next Monday since we're out of town) and that they can only verify if the kids are registered... and they can't verify their address? but I'm sure we can ask them to mail us something after going in in person!?  It's so frustrating trying to talk to someone that never dealt with immigration and explaining why we need this... especially over the phone.. lol

Hopefully we'll have better luck with the school on Monday also!

If not, what can I write in a letter explaining kids just don't get mail!?  There's no reason for the GP/school to send us anything every three months unless they are skipping school and/or I'm guessing dr appointments reminder which they don't send up here in Scotland that we're aware of?

Thanks

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 01:12:38 PM »
I'd just provide a letter from the GP or school (all they need to do is state XXXX is a registered student/patient at the address of XXX).  I wouldn't argue with UKVI about it.  Nothing will come of it!   :)

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 01:56:19 PM »
I'd just provide a letter from the GP or school (all they need to do is state XXXX is a registered student/patient at the address of XXX).  I wouldn't argue with UKVI about it.  Nothing will come of it!   :)
... arguing with immigration? I wouldn't dare! I know we would lose! Lol We've been through immigration b4.  it's one way!

Like you said try to get GP/school to cooperate hopefully, and can deal with it if turns into a problem.. if my visa was running out next week, I'd submit and explain we didn't get any mail for them last 3 months and can send it in later.

Thanks!

• Liked: 57
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 02:02:17 PM »
I got the dentist's manager to write a letter saying my kids (mentioned by name and bday) were all registered there, put it on letterhead and stick it in the mail. We got it the next day. She was very understanding when I called an explained.
Met at Disneyland Paris: spring 1995
Dated long distance: off & on 2008-2014
Our twin boys were born: Sep 2009
Engaged: Oct 10 2014
Married: December 5 2014
Online Application & paid PRIORITY Submitted: Dec 22 2014
Visa Received: Jan 14 2015
Arrived in the UK: Feb 28 2015
FLR(M) application mailed: Sep 12 2017
FLR(M) approved: Oct 27
SET(M) application submitted: Feb 4 2020 (super priority)
SET(M) appointment: Mar 9
SET(M) approved: Mar 10
Naturalisation app submitted: Jun 19
No biometrics needed email: July 23

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 02:17:52 PM »
That's a great option, never thought about our dentist, cheers for that, hopefully our dentist will be as helpful :)

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 09:03:22 PM »
Hi,

I just found a couple of correspondence letters from a local cancer foundation that my kids volunteer for.  Would a letter from a foundation work or not worth the risk?

Sponsored Links