Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Evidence for time in the U.S. after the age of 14 (Report a birth abroad)  (Read 2226 times)

• Liked: 20
Hi All,

I know there is a sticky around the report a birth abroad, but it doesn't seem to get responded to very much any more.

Anyway, I need to prove that I lived in the U.S. for at least 2 years after the age of 14. This is our third child born in the UK (not married to UKC partner), and we haven't had any trouble in the past, but I cannot for the life of me remember how I proved my time spent living in the U.S. I've got all three of my U.S. passports dating back to my first one I got when I was 16. Those show lots of entering other countries, but rarely returning as they didn't seem to stamp when coming back in as much as they do now.

I think I probably used my college degree/transcript in the past, but I think they went missing during a house move 5 years ago (just after registering our middle child). I've requested a new copy of my transcript from college, but I doubt that will get here by next Friday. I do have a verifiable PDF of the transcript my college sent me. I also have a letter from when I spent a year volunteering with the AmeriCorps program back in 2003-2004 when I was 23, but outside of that, nothing.

Anyone had similar lack of evidence. I would have thought the passports would be enough, but I guess I'm looking for reassurance!

Thanks in advance,
Sam

• Liked: 4985
Passports usually work.

I've always used my transcripts.

They'll have everything on record from the previous registrations.

• Liked: 20
Thanks for the reassurance. Just worried they'll be sniffy about my transcript as it'll be a print out. I'm also slightly cheesed off that I seemed to have lost my diploma.

Anyway, the consulate in Marseilles (which I know is not actually the embassy in London) also suggest bringing any certificates from previous registrations. So I'll do that as well. I'm not that worried really, but I don't want to waste the £75 I'm paying for us all to get there and back.

Thanks again.
Sam

• Liked: 4985
I don't think they care if they are official transcripts.  You will be fine!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab