Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Seriously? WTF?  (Read 12139 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Seriously? WTF?
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2017, 07:57:45 PM »
Raise your hand if you'd rather go to the stag do than the hen do!

[smiley=smash.gif]

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2017, 08:17:18 PM »

[smiley=smash.gif]

Don't get me wrong... I love you guys, but generally speaking, I don't "get" women.  I just can't relate.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 223
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2017, 09:40:39 PM »

[smiley=smash.gif]

Hands up if you'd rather stay home in your pjs with a movie, tea and popcorn. 

[smiley=shy.gif]

I'm not really the party type. At least not anymore. I'm not sure if it was moving to the UK or getting married that changed me.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 154
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2017, 08:17:43 AM »
Don't get me wrong... I love you guys, but generally speaking, I don't "get" women.  I just can't relate.

Second this. I have "girly tendencies" but I cannot sit and talk about makeup, guys, etc for hours. I never could.  I laugh at crude jokes and find men so much easier to talk to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 154
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2017, 08:21:18 AM »

[smiley=shy.gif]

I'm not really the party type. At least not anymore. I'm not sure if it was moving to the UK or getting married that changed me.

Same!! I dread nights out. Every once in a while I enjoy a good night out, but I just don't like partying or late nights anymore.  I've never been a huge party person, but even less now.

Had a wedding last weekend that ended disastrously for me (embarrassing but made it home before I made a fool of myself). Was drinking wine all night and stupidly took a shot of some Prague hard liquor my husband and the guys from the stag do brought home.  It ended me for the night

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2017, 09:48:33 AM »

[smiley=shy.gif]

Well, this!   ;D

I am a girl's girl.  My closest friends are women.  But I can't do the whole penis-themed everything and basically roll my eyes at all things wedding related.  I'd much rather talk about pets!

• Liked: 21
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2017, 10:15:02 AM »
Ugh, definitely not a bachelorette/hen party type (I didn’t even have one!), or one for going out and partying. Even in college, it just never appealed to me.

I’m a girly girl, but I’ve always seemed to connect more with guys and find them easier to talk to. Our former neighbor once invited me for a night out with her girlfriends, which was nice of her. However, I warned her in advance that I’m not a partying or drinking type, but that I’d come out for a little bit.

I put on a happy face, but man, I felt like a fish out of water. Just not for me at all. I was so happy to get home and get my PJs on  :)
4/2015 Married
7/2015 Spousal visa granted
8/2015 Moved to England
10/2020 ILR granted

• Liked: 584
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2017, 10:22:46 AM »
Oh KFDancer, you will 'love' this!

In addition to the woman who was completely broken-hearted that her adult son was moving out, there is another woman...

She is 52, and getting married for the first time.  Nice.  Lovely.  I'm pleased for her.  But at that age, you know... have a wee bit of dignity, right?  No, she's doing the whole hen-do thing including hot-pink tu-tu skirts, hot-pink deely-bopper antenna things, the black t-shirts with some sort of hot-pink logo printed on, penis-shaped paraphernalia, and it's all happening over a prosecco-fuelled weekend in Benidorm.

My god.  It's awful enough when the young ones do that, but when you and all your fellow hens are in their late 40's-early 50's? Positively cringe-worthy.  I would rather die.
 :-X

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2017, 10:31:17 AM »
She is 52, and getting married for the first time.  Nice.  Lovely.  I'm pleased for her.  But at that age, you know... have a wee bit of dignity, right?  No, she's doing the whole hen-do thing including hot-pink tu-tu skirts, hot-pink deely-bopper antenna things, the black t-shirts with some sort of hot-pink logo printed on, penis-shaped paraphernalia, and it's all happening over a prosecco-fuelled weekend in Benidorm.

My god.  It's awful enough when the young ones do that, but when you and all your fellow hens are in their late 40's-early 50's? Positively cringe-worthy.  I would rather die.
 :-X

My husband's cousin is a Maid of Honor for her BFF who is over 50 doing the whole big thing right now.  THREE hen dos.  I roll my eyes so much I'm surprised they haven't gotten stuck.

I'm not a total kill joy.  Nothing wrong with a good party!  I just hate that people don't get creative and follow some sort of "paint by numbers" party plan.

Baby showers are the worst!

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2017, 10:46:32 AM »

I'm not a total kill joy.  Nothing wrong with a good party!  I just hate that people don't get creative and follow some sort of "paint by numbers" party plan.

Baby showers are the worst!

Exactly.

And there is no. way. in. HELL I would ever attend a baby shower.  I'll send a gift, but...no.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2017, 11:17:15 AM »
My 'hen party' was a single glass of prosecco and board games the night before the wedding with my two best friends.  I truly don't understand the whole 'let's get penises and L plates and drink until we are sick' thing.  One came by my job over the summer to see the show.  They left a 4 foot inflatable dick at the coat check during the show.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2017, 11:27:00 AM »
My 'hen party' was a single glass of prosecco and board games the night before the wedding with my two best friends.  I truly don't understand the whole 'let's get penises and L plates and drink until we are sick' thing.  One came by my job over the summer to see the show.  They left a 4 foot inflatable dick at the coat check during the show.

I don't get it either.

My best friend from school got married at 23 - she's not a party girl at all (doesn't even drink), so she and her now-husband had a 'sten do' instead of separate stag and hen parties.

A group of about 16 of us (mainly his friends, plus me and my friend and a couple of other girls) hired a cottage in the Brecon Beacons for the weekend and went pony-trekking, walked up Pen-y-Fan and visited waterfalls :). There was a fair bit of drinking in the evenings (the guys, mainly), but overall it was just a fun, relaxing weekend.

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2017, 11:46:07 AM »
I'm actually looking forward to our work's Christmas do for the first time in...ever.  FINALLY!!! We are swapping the usual 'party night' in a hotel ballroom, where everyone spends a fortune getting dressed up, plastered in makeup and fake tan; with a horrible dry turkey dinner, Christmas crackers, dire DJ music, dancing, and completely ridiculous levels of inebriation (amateurs!  ;) ) for an easy night in a local Clydebank pub...we've got the upstairs function room, a finger-food buffet, and a comedian/entertainer, who promises a sing-along.  It'll be a cheap night, easy to get home from, and I reckon a good laugh.

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2017, 12:44:04 PM »

A group of about 16 of us (mainly his friends, plus me and my friend and a couple of other girls) hired a cottage in the Brecon Beacons for the weekend and went pony-trekking, walked up Pen-y-Fan and visited waterfalls :). There was a fair bit of drinking in the evenings (the guys, mainly), but overall it was just a fun, relaxing weekend.

That sounds like a fabulous weekend!!!

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2017, 12:46:32 PM »
I'm actually looking forward to our work's Christmas do for the first time in...ever.  FINALLY!!! We are swapping the usual 'party night' in a hotel ballroom, where everyone spends a fortune getting dressed up, plastered in makeup and fake tan; with a horrible dry turkey dinner, Christmas crackers, dire DJ music, dancing, and completely ridiculous levels of inebriation (amateurs!  ;) ) for an easy night in a local Clydebank pub...we've got the upstairs function room, a finger-food buffet, and a comedian/entertainer, who promises a sing-along.  It'll be a cheap night, easy to get home from, and I reckon a good laugh.

Sounds much better.  My work did a comedy club last year which was quite good. We all thought it could be bad but it wasn't.  And was good for the non-drinkers and non-dancers.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab