Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any Tier 2 Radiographers out there? Issue with my school...  (Read 557 times)

• Liked: 3
Any Tier 2 Radiographers out there? Issue with my school...
« on: October 26, 2017, 05:54:33 PM »
I'm applying for the H&CPC registration as a Radiographer. I have been registered and working in the US for over twenty years, currently in my 19th year at a union job.
The application requires a course information form to be filled out by the school I went to detailing the courses I took. I went to school at the Academy of Health Sciences at Ft Sam Houston, Texas while in the Army.
I sent the word doc as an attachment, and the school refused. All they will do is send me a sealed transcript. H&CPC doesn't need to know what classes I took , they want to know what was taught in those classes, I believe.
The rest of my application is fine, and I'm hoping they won't care, as Britain is short of radiographers and I have decades of experience, but...
I stress out about these things; I made my manager re-write my professional reference because he used blue ink (instructions say black).
If anyone else has applied to the Health & Care Professions Council, how was your application experience? How strict were they with your application?
If you're working as a radiographer now, how is it? What's your patient load like? What's the equipment like?
Thanks in advance...

• Liked: 1327
Re: Any Tier 2 Radiographers out there? Issue with my school...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 09:33:48 PM »
I'm applying for the H&CPC registration as a Radiographer. I have been registered and working in the US for over twenty years, currently in my 19th year at a union job.
The application requires a course information form to be filled out by the school I went to detailing the courses I took. I went to school at the Academy of Health Sciences at Ft Sam Houston, Texas while in the Army.
I sent the word doc as an attachment, and the school refused. All they will do is send me a sealed transcript. H&CPC doesn't need to know what classes I took , they want to know what was taught in those classes, I believe.
The rest of my application is fine, and I'm hoping they won't care, as Britain is short of radiographers and I have decades of experience, but...
I stress out about these things; I made my manager re-write my professional reference because he used blue ink (instructions say black).
If anyone else has applied to the Health & Care Professions Council, how was your application experience? How strict were they with your application?
If you're working as a radiographer now, how is it? What's your patient load like? What's the equipment like?
Thanks in advance...

Can you use the transcript along with the course catalog to show what material your program covered?

This is a stretch, but does anybody with the union know what you can do?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 09:52:17 PM »
Can you use the transcript along with the course catalog to show what material your program covered?

This is a stretch, but does anybody with the union know what you can do?
It's the US Army medical center & school, there's no catalogue, but the school is accredited by the same organization that does that for civilian schools. I'm thinking of using whatever their criteria are as a description I can include but that still doesn't give them what they want.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 11:01:17 PM »
It's the US Army medical center & school, there's no catalogue, but the school is accredited by the same organization that does that for civilian schools. I'm thinking of using whatever their criteria are as a description I can include but that still doesn't give them what they want.

Is this the right facility?  http://www.metc.mil/Catalog/

Edited to add:  Oh, I see... the catalog only has program overviews, not course descriptions.  That isn't very helpful, is it?

Edited again to add:  What about this mention of "college credit equivalency info"?  Is that of any use?  (Is this even the right facility?!)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:13:50 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 11:48:17 PM »
Is this the right facility?  http://www.metc.mil/Catalog/

Edited to add:  Oh, I see... the catalog only has program overviews, not course descriptions.  That isn't very helpful, is it?

Edited again to add:  What about this mention of "college credit equivalency info"?  Is that of any use?  (Is this even the right facility?!)

My school: http://www.cs.amedd.army.mil/students.aspx

I'm sending that, too; it's the DoD estimate of what college credits one would earn from military training. For example, Basic Combat Training is worth a couple units of PE.
My American registry for radiography I'm told is considered equivalent in Australia, Canada, South Africa and the UK, so I'm hoping they see that and my 23 years of experience vs an uncooperative school administrator and give me the title. The rest of the application is fine, including great professional references from managers.
I do suffer from anxiety so these things stress me out. I just keep reminding myself there will be roadblocks, things will happen, and at the end of the day the UK needs radiographers.

Sponsored Links