Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)  (Read 315773 times)

• Liked: 39
Re: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #1260 on: February 15, 2018, 10:50:32 PM »
We should totally do coffee sometime! I'll send you a PM
Submitted Dec. 22, 2017
Biometrics and sent  Dec. 27, 2017
Received in Sheffield Dec. 29, 2017
Confirmation email Jan. 3, 2018
Application not straight forward email January 25, 2018
Decision email: March 29, 2018
Decision received: April 2, 2018
APPROVED!!!!!

• Liked: 22
« Reply #1261 on: February 16, 2018, 02:38:34 AM »
I imported my dogs from Australia to then UK in Aug. The cost of using a pet transport company was so high I did it myself. So much paper work and attention to detail. Still cost about $3500 AUD ~ $2750 USD approx. There was no way we were leaving but them, but in 5 years or so when we move back to Aus, it will be about $8000 for the two puppers! So much more expensive then humans!

Denver, Colorado, US.
I have two cats I'll be bringing along. What a process! And the expense! Omg!
Met husband: April 2013
Married: June 2016
Applied Online: Jan. 16th 2018
Biometrics: Jan. 26th
Documents sent: Feb. 2nd
UPS tracking: received Feb. 5th
Confirmation email: Feb. 7th
Decision email: March 9th
Passport back: March 12th
Decision: Approval!!!

• Liked: 22
« Reply #1262 on: February 16, 2018, 02:45:45 AM »
Vent away! Although it’s not going to change anything, you have an ear ready to listen. Which is more than I can say for my mate’s in the states, they are sympathetic, but when it’s not happening to them, there is only so patience around the topic.

At least this forced “holiday” in the states, the longest I have stayed in 5 years, means I am finally visiting friends that live in other places than California. So far have seen friends in Denver and Portland, heading to Seattle this weekend and New York next weekend. I’m moving around so I don’t over stay my welcome at my base in Los Angeles.

We thought couldn't hurt to see if the MP could find out the reason for the delay. Figured worst thing he would say is not yet, try again at 60 days. But he was willing to look into it and see if he could find out if there are any issues.
We did figure it was just a stall tactic. But how screwed up is it that they mess people around like this? Our lives are on hold basically until this comes through.

I'm fully aware that my emotions are running high because I just put him on a plane and I will likely be back to waiting as calmly as possible in a couple of days. I really appreciate being able to vent. Friends and family don't get the stress of waiting.
Met husband: April 2013
Married: June 2016
Applied Online: Jan. 16th 2018
Biometrics: Jan. 26th
Documents sent: Feb. 2nd
UPS tracking: received Feb. 5th
Confirmation email: Feb. 7th
Decision email: March 9th
Passport back: March 12th
Decision: Approval!!!

« Reply #1263 on: February 16, 2018, 02:51:22 AM »
Oh I get that! I sold my house for this process and now I'm living with my mother and sister with my two adult sons and my minor son while we wait. I also work from home so my life has been sized down to a 9x10 room.
I appreciate the ears to listen to me venting. I know it won't change anything. But dang does it make me feel slightly better. Lol
Submitted Dec. 22, 2017
APPROVED!!!!!

• Liked: 424
« Reply #1264 on: February 16, 2018, 07:24:55 AM »
Oh I get that! I sold my house for this process and now I'm living with my mother and sister with my two adult sons and my minor son while we wait. I also work from home so my life has been sized down to a 9x10 room.
I appreciate the ears to listen to me venting. I know it won't change anything. But dang does it make me feel slightly better. Lol
The not knowing is horrible! Thank God for this forum.  I moved here from Thornton last March!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 26
« Reply #1265 on: February 16, 2018, 06:48:15 PM »
I asked about this a few days ago in a different thread but I'm still worried about it.

Thoughts/input based on your own experiences would be appreciated.

British fiancé is PART-owner (25%) of his flat. We didn't include a letter from the mortgage company or tenant office saying they agree to have me live there. Fiancé felt that, as part owner, that is his decision and thus, he included a letter with my visa application saying he is fine having me live there.

Is this going to be okay with UKVI/the Entry Clearance Officer who reviews our package?

Sorry- I am just so anxious! :/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 06:50:26 PM by JackS15 »
Biometrics: Fri., Feb. 02, 2018
Documents Rcvd email: Wed., Feb. 07, 2018
Decision Made email: Fri., Mar. 16
Business Days: 28
Documents Received: Mon., Mar. 19
Decision: Approved!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #1266 on: February 16, 2018, 07:45:30 PM »
I asked about this a few days ago in a different thread but I'm still worried about it.

Thoughts/input based on your own experiences would be appreciated.

British fiancé is PART-owner (25%) of his flat. We didn't include a letter from the mortgage company or tenant office saying they agree to have me live there. Fiancé felt that, as part owner, that is his decision and thus, he included a letter with my visa application saying he is fine having me live there.

Is this going to be okay with UKVI/the Entry Clearance Officer who reviews our package?

Sorry- I am just so anxious! :/

When you say part owner, who owns the other 75%? What did you include with the application for the accommodation requirement?

« Reply #1267 on: February 16, 2018, 07:51:37 PM »
The other 75% is owned by a property company, I believe.

We included the mortgage agreement/pages that list fiancé as part owner. I'm not completely sure what else he tossed into the pile, as I didn't think to make an at-home copy of this stuff, which I would have been able to read through when I'm panic-stricken (right now.)

He is confident the bases are covered/documentation is sufficient, but I am nervous.

« Reply #1268 on: February 16, 2018, 07:59:20 PM »
Can I just say, your not the only one who forgot to make copies to keep.  :-[
Submitted Dec. 22, 2017
APPROVED!!!!!

« Reply #1269 on: February 16, 2018, 08:01:22 PM »
I was just able to access fiancé's cover letter/letter of support for the visa application, which says he included: council tax bill, previous utility bills, cover pages from lease agreement. His letter explains he owns 25% of the flat and rents the remaining 75% from X property company.

At the very least, will Sheffield contact me if they need a letter from property company explicitly saying I can reside there?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:04:25 PM by JackS15 »

• Liked: 68
« Reply #1270 on: February 16, 2018, 08:07:28 PM »
Can I just say, your not the only one who forgot to make copies to keep.  :-[

I didn't think to make copies either. I really wish that I had, but at the same time, I'm kind of glad that I didn't so that I can't obsess over what I sent.
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority)
Met Husband: 10 September 2015
Got married: 13 October 2017
Online application: 26 Nov 2017
Decision email received: 8 March 2018 (68 BD)
Passport received: 12 March 2018 - APPROVED!
Arrived in the UK: 31 March 2018
FLR(M) Extension Submitted: 15 September 2020
Submitted Documents and Biometrics via IDV: 8 October 2020
FLR(M) Approval: 30 December 2020
SET(M) Submitted: 15 July 2023
Submitted Docs & Biometrics: 10 August 2023
SET (M) Approved: 13 October 2023

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #1271 on: February 16, 2018, 08:44:08 PM »
I was just able to access fiancé's cover letter/letter of support for the visa application, which says he included: council tax bill, previous utility bills, cover pages from lease agreement. His letter explains he owns 25% of the flat and rents the remaining 75% from X property company.

Okay, you didn't need to send most of that, since utility bills and council tax bills do not prove ownership and won't be considered

I haven't seen this situation before, where he only owns 25% and rents the other 75%, so I would suggest you need to include:

Proof of homeownership:
- Land Registry document (showing his name on it)
- Mortgage statement with his name on it
And
Proof of rental agreement and permission from owner to live in the property:
- Rental agreement for the rest of the property
- A letter from the property company who issued the rental agreement giving you permission to live there as well as the tenant, since he is 'renting'  75% of the property from them

At the very least, will Sheffield contact me if they need a letter from property company explicitly saying I can reside there?

If they need it, hopefully they will.

While they have been pretty good at contacting people for more information recently, they don't HAVE to contact you for it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:45:25 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #1272 on: February 16, 2018, 08:51:06 PM »
I didn't think to make copies either. I really wish that I had, but at the same time, I'm kind of glad that I didn't so that I can't obsess over what I sent.

I would always recommend making copies of the application. It saves so much work when it’s time to apply for the next visa. The same applies between FLR and ILR too so not too late.  :)

« Reply #1273 on: February 16, 2018, 08:53:28 PM »
I do believe we provided at least some of the other documents you mentioned.
The council tax bill was just a way to show history/length of time at the address, which was needed for other reasons.
Fiancé says the property company classes him as "owner," meaning he is free to do as he pleases and is also responsible if anything goes wrong/is damaged, etc.

This makes some amount of sense to me, since it seems they'd have to consider him as either owner or renter. It can't really be 'both.' This is a little hard to explicate and I'm afraid my brain is fried from this whole process! And this is just the beginning!

As I said, I don't mean to panic, but the thought of a refusal for something so simple after spending $3500 is just heartbreaking.

Okay, you didn't need to send most of that, since utility bills and council tax bills do not prove ownership and won't be considered

I haven't seen this situation before, where he only owns 25% and rents the other 75%, so I would suggest you need to include:

Proof of homeownership:
- Land Registry document (showing his name on it)
- Mortgage statement with his name on it
And
Proof of rental agreement and permission from owner to live in the property:
- Rental agreement for the rest of the property
- A letter from the property company who issued the rental agreement giving you permission to live there as well as the tenant, since he is 'renting'  75% of the property from them

If they need it, hopefully they will.

While they have been pretty good at contacting people for more information recently, they don't HAVE to contact you for it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:55:10 PM by JackS15 »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #1274 on: February 16, 2018, 09:20:02 PM »
The council tax bill was just a way to show history/length of time at the address, which was needed for other reasons.

Just curious as to what other reasons you needed it for? There is no requirement to show length of time at an address unless you live together and are using it to prove your relationship... in which case both your names would be on it.

Fiancé says the property company classes him as "owner," meaning he is free to do as he pleases and is also responsible if anything goes wrong/is damaged, etc.

In that case, you may be okay with just the Land Registry document showing he owns it.

This makes some amount of sense to me, since it seems they'd have to consider him as either owner or renter. It can't really be 'both.' This is a little hard to explicate and I'm afraid my brain is fried from this whole process! And this is just the beginning!

I'm really not sure about it myself, because usually people either own the whole property or rent the whole property, rather than a 25/75 split, so I'm not sure how it will be considered.

Sponsored Links