Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: On the hunt for a job  (Read 1897 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: On the hunt for a job
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 08:37:34 PM »
Doing just that is what landed me the telephone call tomorrow.

It's truly shocking how much recruiters don't read properly sometimes. I've been contacted by recruiters about jobs similar to one I had over two years ago which is totally different than what I do now...because they didn't read the two most recent jobs listed on my CV. Sometimes you literally just have to spell things out.

Best of luck!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 20
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2017, 07:39:59 PM »
So I had a friendly chat with the recruiter.  I was surprisingly alert and responsive despite it being so stupidly early in the morning (~5:45AM) my time.  The job seemed very doable, in a nice area of London that I know pretty well, good package, etc.  He was taken aback by how little time off I received which made me laugh. Me being overseas didn't really bother him at all.  I'll have to research the company some more.

So, we'll see....

• Liked: 957
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2017, 11:31:18 PM »
So I had a friendly chat with the recruiter.  I was surprisingly alert and responsive despite it being so stupidly early in the morning (~5:45AM) my time.  The job seemed very doable, in a nice area of London that I know pretty well, good package, etc.  He was taken aback by how little time off I received which made me laugh. Me being overseas didn't really bother him at all.  I'll have to research the company some more.

So, we'll see....

Glad you finally got through! Good luck :)

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 09:29:26 AM »

So, we'll see....

Nice :) Fingers crossed for you that the opportunity is as good as it seems and that it all works out for you
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 20
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 01:17:01 PM »
So before I got laid off, I applied for a job in London with a big global financial firm.  This morning I get an email inviting me to a 45 minute face-to-face interview in London.  The HR rep setting it up is in Bangalore, India.  This is the first I'm hearing about it and it strikes me as odd.  I've checked the candidate portal and they are interviewing for the position.

Could this be a scam?  Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 03:51:38 PM »
So before I got laid off, I applied for a job in London with a big global financial firm.  This morning I get an email inviting me to a 45 minute face-to-face interview in London.  The HR rep setting it up is in Bangalore, India.  This is the first I'm hearing about it and it strikes me as odd.  I've checked the candidate portal and they are interviewing for the position.

Could this be a scam?  Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

Is there any type of "help desk" email on the portal or any type of "contact us now" type thing you can go to and check the email for just in case?? Seems odd the HR person would be in Bangalore as you don't often offshore your HR team but maybe that's the done thing for certain companies?? Is the person's email a company email??
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab