Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Winter Weather Forecast  (Read 1438 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Winter Weather Forecast
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 10:48:23 AM »
I'm already freezing!  And we have to drive up to Scotland today, and stay a couple of nights, for a family funeral (not a close relative).  I wonder if I could have my body lagged like an old boiler before we go?

I LOVE Scotland (sorry for the circumstances :( ) but I would probably be dreading the cold as well haha. I would literally be packing the car with a blanket and wearing a jumper and coat. I would rather remove layers than freeze while on the road lol
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 248
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 11:40:04 AM »
We are staying in a pub and it has a coal fire - so I am sure I will be able to soothe myself and not notice the cold.

I did notice that there were ten monkeys outside this morning, all looking for soldering irons.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM »
Mmm, I was really glad for the seat warmers in my car this morning as we drove through the snow to get to work. 

It's nice and toasty in this office area for a change!, but there is another building here where the boiler has been out of commission for 10 days and counting and it's freezing in there. They've got portable heaters, but certainly not enough for the entire building, each meeting room etc.  Poor souls, don't know how they stay in that space. 

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 11:54:45 AM »
x0Kiss0fDeath,as a New Englander, you can laugh at the way they handle snow in the UK. We're even terrible in the Highlands and we get more than other places.  I just want to yell, stop salting, you need to actually plow first to scrape the crap up!
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 11:54:51 AM »
Mmm, I was really glad for the seat warmers in my car this morning as we drove through the snow to get to work. 

LOL funny you say this. Was telling my husband over the weekend when he mentioned getting a new car next year for himself that I didn't even know what I'd do if I had to get a new car and it didn't have seat warmers....I've relied on them so heavily since having them/getting used to them that I don't think I could part with them now. I'm officially spoiled. it's an old car, but I'd never trade it for a new one that didn't have them lol.
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 11:56:33 AM »
x0Kiss0fDeath,as a New Englander, you can laugh at the way they handle snow in the UK. We're even terrible in the Highlands and we get more than other places.  I just want to yell, stop salting, you need to actually plow first to scrape the crap up!

YES! hahaha I laugh EVERY time there is snow because of how people react when there's a tiny dusting. I remember literally snow was juuussstttt barely sticking when we were driving home from Whitby through the Moors and people with SUV's literally weren't going above like 5-10 mph. My husband and I, in his sports car, were like YOU'RE KILLING ME SMALLS! YOU HAVE A CAR CAPABLE OF HANDLING THIS! PLEASE MOVE! I WANT TO GO HOOOMMMMEEEEEE hahaha
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 248
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 12:15:13 PM »
I'm a Brit and I laugh at the way a couple of snowflakes are handled! 

Heated seats!!!!!!  Hubby has just picked up a rental car to drive up to Scotland - I wonder??

I remember working here when there would be no heating in the office.  Those poor souls! 

I suppose I had better get myself sorted for this trip. 

Keep warm everyone!

• Liked: 533
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 03:33:00 PM »
Well there are diferent kinds of snow. The Continental snow, when it blows across the channel, is particularly troublesome.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 957
Winter Weather Forecast
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 04:51:52 PM »
I am genuinely looking forward to less snow! And oh my, heated seats in a car are heaven. Mine doesn't have them and I've always debated the pad ones you can get powered by your cigarette lighter.

I also use an electric blanket at home. It's a cat magnet and makes my joints hurt less. Win win!

*edit ... hoping I can find a replacement blanket in the U.K., it's on my Xmas list with an instant pot and replacement tablet lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:53:02 PM by margo »

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 06:57:21 PM »
I am genuinely looking forward to less snow! And oh my, heated seats in a car are heaven. Mine doesn't have them and I've always debated the pad ones you can get powered by your cigarette lighter.

I also use an electric blanket at home. It's a cat magnet and makes my joints hurt less. Win win!

*edit ... hoping I can find a replacement blanket in the U.K., it's on my Xmas list with an instant pot and replacement tablet lol.

My husband bought a dual-zone heated mattress pad thing for our bed when I told him that I used to use a heating pad to "pre-heat" the foot of my bed back home.  Now I can pre-heat my entire side of the bed.  Then because I would just sit in bed with the heated pad turned on any time I was home, he bought me a heated throw for the sofa.  I call them "electro-bed" and "electro-sofa".  They are very nice.  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 07:25:24 PM »
My husband bought a dual-zone heated mattress pad thing for our bed when I told him that I used to use a heating pad to "pre-heat" the foot of my bed back home.  Now I can pre-heat my entire side of the bed.  Then because I would just sit in bed with the heated pad turned on any time I was home, he bought me a heated throw for the sofa.  I call them "electro-bed" and "electro-sofa".  They are very nice.  :)
Hahaha, I do the same. The electric blanket is on the sofa and heating pad goes under the duvet to pre-heat if it's not on my neck/shoulders. So many things associated with warmth will be needed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 08:02:17 PM »
I use hot water bottles...cheaper!  ;D

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 02:07:31 PM »
I use hot water bottles...cheaper!  ;D

I love my hot water bottle!
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 02:16:35 PM »

I'm always using hot water bottles... they're very handy when trying to sleep after a night shift, because it's always cold getting into bed in the morning (I keep meaning to invest in an electric blanket, but then I keep working overseas during the winter). I even have my hot water bottle with me in Gibraltar... and it's not even that cold here!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 02:24:59 PM »

Mine leaks.  My husband swears it doesn't leak...  it totally leaks!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab