Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NEW SETTLEMENT GOLD PREMIUM SERVICE in US starting 15th November  (Read 5568 times)

• Liked: 27
Re: NEW SETTLEMENT GOLD PREMIUM SERVICE in US starting 15th November
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 06:50:23 PM »
Again, way back when, but the Chicago consulate (and others?) offered walk-in, no appt. needed appointments when I got my spousal visa in December 2004. No premium cost, just queued, they took a few documents (as a lot less needed then), and a little while later a visa.

• Liked: 55
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 05:46:44 PM »
Again, way back when, but the Chicago consulate (and others?) offered walk-in, no appt. needed appointments when I got my spousal visa in December 2004. No premium cost, just queued, they took a few documents (as a lot less needed then), and a little while later a visa.

I emailed VFS to explain exactly what it is and the clerk's response was super vague as well

"the Settlement Gold Premium Service is our new service offering applicants to take their biometrics at one of our Premium Application Centre, which also includes UPS labels and Priority Visa service."

So still haven't learned what it is. Has anyone else had any luck?

• Liked: 56
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 06:00:35 PM »
This would be SUPER valuable for my situation if it's true. Has anyone successfully verified this is a real thing? If I end up getting a rejection, I'll need to turn around another app as fast as possible so that my prospective employer doesn't lose their patience.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Married: 1992
Biometrics + docs sent:        18 Oct 2017
Received in Sheffield email:   23 Oct 2017
Decision email:                    18 Nov 2017
Landing in UK:                     31 Dec 2017
Passed Life in UK test:       16 Sep 2022
ILR application:                   3 Dec 2022
ILR decision:                        17 Jan 2023

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 06:10:35 PM »
This would be SUPER valuable for my situation if it's true. Has anyone successfully verified this is a real thing? If I end up getting a rejection, I'll need to turn around another app as fast as possible so that my prospective employer doesn't lose their patience.

It is a real thing, because it's on the VFS Global website, but whether or not it will get your visa processed any faster than if you didn't use it, is the big question.

At the moment, I can't tell exactly what the benefit of using the service is supposed to be.

It sounds like they are just taking your biometrics, including the shipping labels and priority service, and mailing your application to Sheffield for you, all in one single fee/appointment... but they are charging $600-700 more than it would cost to just do all that yourself separately.

If the only benefit is that you don't have to send your passport off, then you're paying $600-700 just to keep your passport in your hands instead of it being in Sheffield.

• Liked: 66
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 06:12:45 PM »
It is a real thing, because it's on the VFS Global website, but whether or not it will get your visa processed any faster than if you didn't use it, is the big question.

At the moment, I can't tell exactly what the benefit of using the service is supposed to be.

It sounds like they are just taking your biometrics, including the shipping labels and priority service, and mailing your application to Sheffield for you, all in one single fee/appointment... but they are charging $600-700 more than it would cost to just do all that yourself separately.

If the only benefit is that you don't have to send your passport off, then you're paying $600-700 just to keep your passport in your hands instead of it being in Sheffield.

From everything I've read about it...this seems accurate. I guess doing it all at once and having someone else send everything ~officially~ is a nice thing (plus keeping your passport), but the premium on it definitely raises eyebrows for me.
Spouse Visa (Priority)

App Submitted Online: 18 Oct 2017
Biometrics + Docs Sent: 23 Oct 2017
Received in Sheffield email: 25 Oct 2017
Decision email: 20 Nov 2017 (18 BD)
Passport received: 22 Nov 2017 (APPROVED)
Travel to UK: 28 Dec 2017

FLR(m):
App Submitted Online: 08 July 2020
Biometrics submitted via IDV app: 7 Sept 2020
Approval: 19 Nov 2020

ILR (Priority):
App submitted: 19 Jan 2023
Biometrics: 8 Feb 2023
Approval: 8 Feb 2023

Citizenship:
App submitted: 28 July 2023
Biometrics: 17 Aug 2023
Approval: 27 Nov 2023
Ceremony: 27 Nov 2023

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 06:35:43 PM »
It's like they're giving you the combo deal but charging you more for it instead of less!  ;D

• Liked: 56
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 06:42:45 PM »

So I originally paid for a Gold package, not realizing it didn't apply to settlement visas, and the reason I did so was that they were touting a 24-hour turnaround. They're supposed to be refunding my Gold purchase, and I submitted with the standard priority service for settlement. It has to be faster than standard Priority, otherwise why offer it? It'll be interesting to hear from anyone that starts the process.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Married: 1992
Biometrics + docs sent:        18 Oct 2017
Received in Sheffield email:   23 Oct 2017
Decision email:                    18 Nov 2017
Landing in UK:                     31 Dec 2017
Passed Life in UK test:       16 Sep 2022
ILR application:                   3 Dec 2022
ILR decision:                        17 Jan 2023

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 06:51:23 PM »
So I originally paid for a Gold package, not realizing it didn't apply to settlement visas, and the reason I did so was that they were touting a 24-hour turnaround. They're supposed to be refunding my Gold purchase, and I submitted with the standard priority service for settlement. It has to be faster than standard Priority, otherwise why offer it? It'll be interesting to hear from anyone that starts the process.

Yeah, that's the weird thing - you would expect, given the price and the other offered packages, that it should be a faster turnaround... but from what I'm reading, it doesn't seem to be.

I suspect the issue is the fact that settlement visas are processed in Sheffield and they can't do anything about that... but then, why offer the service at all, if all they are doing is submitting your application to Sheffield with priority processing? It makes no sense to me at the moment.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 06:54:57 PM »
We really need a guinea Pig!!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 06:58:26 PM »
Yeah, that's the weird thing - you would expect, given the price and the other offered packages, that it should be a faster turnaround... but from what I'm reading, it doesn't seem to be.

I suspect the issue is the fact that settlement visas are processed in Sheffield and they can't do anything about that... but then, why offer the service at all, if all they are doing is submitting your application to Sheffield with priority processing? It makes no sense to me at the moment.

It's another way of getting yet more money out of desperate applicants. Sad.

• Liked: 47
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 07:24:18 PM »
I often wonder how much they are trying to plugs gaps in funding by things like Visa apps.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 07:29:13 PM »
I often wonder how much they are trying to plugs gaps in funding by things like Visa apps.

Massively.  EU residence cards are virtually free (£55-£65). So we are picking up their bill.

After Brexit, I do NOT see fees decreasing.  The UK could not be any more clear that they do not want immigrants and are trying to make the UK unappealing.  Cost is an easy way to do that!

• Liked: 8
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 07:40:00 PM »
Would I be able to return to the UK while waiting for the decision if I get to keep my passport?

That would be a massive advantage for me, certainly worth the $600-$700. (Wife and 4 kids already living here)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 09:04:05 PM »
Would I be able to return to the UK while waiting for the decision if I get to keep my passport?

That would be a massive advantage for me, certainly worth the $600-$700. (Wife and 4 kids already living here)

This doesn't exist for settlement visas. Your only option is for priority processessing and you will be without your passport during that time. You can't be in the UK while you're applying for your first settlement visa. It's a bummer, but that's just how it works.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

NEW SETTLEMENT GOLD PREMIUM SERVICE in US starting 15th November
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 09:07:06 PM »
This doesn't exist for settlement visas. Your only option is for priority processessing and you will be without your passport during that time. You can't be in the UK while you're applying for your first settlement visa. It's a bummer, but that's just how it works.

But we’re talking about the new Gold Premium Service for Settlement visas here (it’s the topic of the thread), which implies you might be able to keep your passport during processing.

It’s still unclear but it does say that one of the things included is:
“Keep my Passport While Applying”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links