Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: BRP  (Read 3518 times)

• Liked: 149
BRP
« on: November 14, 2017, 02:12:03 PM »
How long does it usually take after you send in the FLR(M) to get the BRP request? They only got the paperwork last Monday(6th)....but they sure hurried up and deposited that £993 fast.
Fred

• Liked: 3595
Re: BRP
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 02:14:21 PM »
The BRP is your visa... so you won't get that until after the visa has been processed and approved.

What you will receive is first a letter of acknowledgement of your application, followed by a letter inviting you to give biometrics at a local Post Office.

It depends how busy they are, but the letters usually arrive within a couple of weeks of them receiving the application.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 02:20:48 PM »
I guess I got that part wrong then......I thought the BRP was a requirement that occurred at some point during the application.
Fred

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 02:31:04 PM »
I guess I got that part wrong then......I thought the BRP was a requirement that occurred at some point during the application.

What you do at some point during the application is give biometrics... same as you did in the US for your original spousal visa. The biometrics are then transmitted to UKVI, after which they can start processing your visa.

The BRP part stands for Biometrics Residence Permit - it's a plastic ID card which is issued instead of a visa sticker in your passport. Your biometrics (fingerprints and photo), visa details and personal details (name, age, address, nationality etc.) are encoded into it.

It looks like this (this is a sample for a student visa, but yours will look the same, just with a different visa type and conditions on it): http://i2.wp.com/i.stack.imgur.com/5MYZz.jpg?resize=789%2C479&ssl=1
http://spark-in-the-ashes.net/warr/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/_45050401_id_card466.gif

So while it is a requirement, it's not actually a separate thing... it's 'applied for' as part of the FLR(M) form, but the BRP is actually just the result of your application being approved (it's your visa).

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 04:02:36 PM »
Soooooooo......if/when I get this BRP request......that means the FLR(M) was approved,  and they then require me to get the BRP before they will actually give me the extension?
Fred

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 04:07:34 PM »
Soooooooo......if/when I get this BRP request......that means the FLR(M) was approved,  and they then require me to get the BRP before they will actually give me the extension?

No. You will get a letter inviting you to give your biometric information. Once you do that, they can start processing your visa application. When it is approved, which should be in around 6-8 weeks time, you'll receive your BRP and your documents back in the mail.

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 04:10:16 PM »

They cannot start processing the visa application until you have given biometrics... so you WILL get the request letter, because they cannot process your application until you have done it.

The BRP will then be sent to you in the mail in about 6-8 weeks, after your visa has been approved.

The process is:
- mail your FLR(M) application and documents to UKVI
- payment of £993 is taken from your account (this is the stage you are at now)
- receive letter of acknowledgement that they have your application
- receive letter inviting you to give biometrics
- take letter to a designated Post Office and pay £19.20 for the biometrics and they will take your fingerprints and photo
- the biometrics are then transmitted to UKVI electronically
- your visa processing time starts
- a few weeks later you will receive a letter stating the FLR(M) visa has been approved
- your passport and documents will be returned
- your visa will be mailed to you separately (in the form of a BRP card)

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 04:18:08 PM »
So.....kind of like I stated originally?

No.  :). The BRP is not the same as a letter inviting you to to give your biometrics.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 04:20:23 PM »
No.  :). The BRP is not the same as a letter inviting you to to give your biometrics.

The biometric enrolment letter is the bib number for the race.

The BRP is the medal at the end.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 04:21:51 PM »
So.....kind of like I stated originally?

No, because it's not a 'BRP request'...  that would be a request for you to apply for a visa... which you have already done.

It's a request for you to go and give biometrics (fingerprints and photo) at a Post Office, so they can start processing your visa application. The BRP itself is just the visa... but it is issued as a separate ID card instead of a sticker in your passport.

It's really no different than when you gave biometrics in the US, it's just that for FLR(M), you send the application and documents first, then do the biometrics afterwards when you get the letter.

In the US, you give biometrics first and then include the stamped appointment letter with your documents.

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 04:22:46 PM »
The biometric enrolment letter is the bib number for the race.

The BRP is the medal at the end.

Yes, that's it :).

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 04:59:40 PM »
I "think" I've got it. twitch.....twitch....
Fred

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 05:15:29 PM »
I "think" I've got it. twitch.....twitch....

;D The only thing you have to do is

1- Wait for the letter to arrive telling you to go get your fingerprints/photo taken.
2-Go get your fingerprints/photo taken at the post office.
3-Forget all about it until your visa arrives in the mail.

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 07:01:51 PM »
;D The only thing you have to do is

1- Wait for the letter to arrive telling you to go get your fingerprints/photo taken.
2-Go get your fingerprints/photo taken at the post office.
3-Forget all about it until your visa arrives in the mail.
You forgot the.....beer.....
Fred

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 07:03:34 PM »
You forgot the.....beer.....

That's included in number 3, above.  ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab