Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa Refused & have a few questions about reapplying  (Read 1805 times)

• Liked: 17
Visa Refused & have a few questions about reapplying
« on: November 14, 2017, 05:10:38 PM »
Okay so first off we got our decision last week which was a denial, we can't say we were suprised but we are glad to have our passports back!

As far as reapplying, we can reapply straight away correct?

Second, I just retired as a disabled vet and plan to use our VA disability payments to meet the financial requirements. Our first payment will be 1 Dec 2017, how soon after that can we apply for using my pension?

Also my wife is desperate to go home for Christmas but won't fly long haul again with our two babies, what are my chances of getting into the UK for Christmas then coming back to reapply?

Thanks in advance for all the help

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
Re: Visa Refused & have a few questions about reapplying
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 05:14:54 PM »
So sorry that you had to wait that long for a refusal!  I hope you took your lawyer to the cleaners!

You need to have been receiving your pension for 28 days before applying.

I’d apply for a visitor visa in advance.  You have time.  State your case exactly as it is (bad advice, now meet the requirement, visiting for Christmas, returning to apply) and I think you’ll be fine.

I don’t think I’d risk it at the border.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 05:19:13 PM »
Sorry to hear that DustinDep but glad you're not hanging on any longer and are able to move on now. :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 05:23:10 PM »
Okay so first off we got our decision last week which was a denial, we can't say we were suprised but we are glad to have our passports back!

Sorry to hear about the refusal - especially after waiting so long :(.

As far as reapplying, we can reapply straight away correct?

Yes, you can reapply right away as long as you meet the requirements and have all the required documents.

I would make sure you take your time and don't rush into it though, to make sure you have everything in order and as strong an application as possible.

Second, I just retired as a disabled vet and plan to use our VA disability payments to meet the financial requirements. Our first payment will be 1 Dec 2017, how soon after that can we apply for using my pension?

If you are using pension income, you must have been receiving the pension as a monthly income amount for at least 28 days before you can apply.

You also need to provide at least one bank statement showing the pension has been paid into an account in your name.

So, if your first payment is deposited into your account on December 1st, that would mean the earliest you can apply is December 29th.

It may be best to wait until sometime in January to apply again, as that is usually the fastest time of the year for processing.

Also my wife is desperate to go home for Christmas but won't fly long haul again with our two babies, what are my chances of getting into the UK for Christmas then coming back to reapply?

Honestly, it could be tricky. If you have been refused a visa, you should apply for a visitor visa in advance of travelling, or you may be refused entry to the UK.

As a visitor, you need to be able to prove you have no intention of living in the UK and that you have a life to return to in the US (i.e. a job, home, family etc.)... which could look suspicious if you've just been refused a visa to move to the UK permanent to be with your family... but by applying in advance and explaining your situation, you will find out if you have been approved to enter the UK before you book tickets or get on a plane.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:27:59 PM »

So sorry to hear that our opinion that you didn't meet the new rules, was correct.

January is usually a fast time for visas. If your children are little, could you move Christmas?

If you can get a visitors visa, it's going to be a lot of flying for you.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 09:11:09 PM »
It really sucks to get that denial doesn't it? I'm in the first time application denial club too.

Applying for a visitor visa is a good idea!

I didn't do that though when I visited a month to the day after receiving my denial. I also stayed for 5 weeks with no problem at the border at all.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 09:14:40 PM »
It really sucks to get that denial doesn't it? I'm in the first time application denial club too.

Applying for a visitor visa is a good idea!

I didn't do that though when I visited a month to the day after receiving my denial. I also stayed for 5 weeks with no problem at the border at all.
Really?? Did you have return tickets or anything and were u questioned?

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 09:36:40 PM »
Really?? Did you have return tickets or anything and were u questioned?

I would have applied for a visitor visa but wasn't sure about turn around time. It was literally a denial on Sept 5 and I flew out Oct 5. I wasn't on UKY at the time and didn't know if Ukvi's shown estimates were accurate.

I had absolutely everything you could have for proof that I was leaving on my scheduled flight 5 weeks later.

-proof from employer I was taking a 5 week leave of absence and would be employed when I got back.
-bank statements showing I had money to pay my way.
-invitation from fiance saying I was invited and he would help pay for my stay
-return flight information

I was questioned, for 5-10 minutes. I knew my visa stuff backwards and forwards and told the guy I was there for a 5 week visit after a visa denial to spend time with my fiance who I hadn't seen in 6 months. And I would be applying for my visa after returning home. I was also there to get fresh paperwork, bank statements and pay slips.

He never even asked to see my proof for the visit.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 09:37:59 PM »
I would have applied for a visitor visa but wasn't sure about turn around time. It was literally a denial on Sept 5 and I flew out Oct 5. I wasn't on UKY at the time and didn't know if Ukvi's shown estimates were accurate.

I had absolutely everything you could have for proof that I was leaving on my scheduled flight 5 weeks later.

-proof from employer I was taking a 5 week leave of absence and would be employed when I got back.
-bank statements showing I had money to pay my way.
-invitation from fiance saying I was invited and he would help pay for my stay
-return flight information

I was questioned, for 5-10 minutes. I knew my visa stuff backwards and forwards and told the guy I was there for a 5 week visit after a visa denial to spend time with my fiance who I hadn't seen in 6 months. And I would be applying for my visa after returning home. I was also there to get fresh paperwork, bank statements and pay slips.

He never even asked to see my proof for the visit.
Did he ask for you return flight info and was it just this Oct?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 09:40:45 PM »
Did he ask for you return flight info and was it just this Oct?

Ultimately it's going to depend on the individual ECO on the day. The safest thing to do would be to apply for the visit visa in advance. At least that way you know there is minimal chance of you being bounced at the airport.

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 09:42:15 PM »
Ultimately it's going to depend on the individual ECO on the day. The safest thing to do would be to apply for the visit visa in advance. At least that way you know there is minimal chance of you being bounced at the airport.
Well we already had flights for Ireland booked for the 28th of this month so I'm afraid I won't have time to apply as Id have to send off my passport again

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 09:45:54 PM »
Nope, wasn't this year. I'm on FLR.

😁

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 09:57:37 PM »
Nope, wasn't this year. I'm on FLR.

Haha so that was a long while ago! Congrats

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 10:04:35 PM »
Haha so that was a long while ago! Congrats

Thanks! And not that long, but no. Not recent.

Things haven't actually changed law wise since then, so I don't see why it would be all that different now. Unless they're being WAY more strict at the border, but I haven't heard anyone mention that.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 10:27:19 PM »
Thanks! And not that long, but no. Not recent.

Things haven't actually changed law wise since then, so I don't see why it would be all that different now. Unless they're being WAY more strict at the border, but I haven't heard anyone mention that.

They did tighten the visitor visa rules a couple of years ago... not sure if that was before or after you travelled.

Ah, looks like it was in April 2015:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/new-immigration-rules-for-visitors-to-the-united-kingdom/

Sponsored Links