Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for UK visa  (Read 2353 times)

• Liked: 0
Applying for UK visa
« on: November 15, 2017, 10:28:22 PM »
Hello! I’m an American citizen married to a UK citizen. I’m currently in the United States, applying for a UK SPOUSE VISA, and trying to figure out what documents I’ll need to support my application with. I cannot seem to find a clear cut list of documents. Is there anyone that I can speak with that can help? I’m not even certain of the things that I’ll need.
1. Now we are married, but haven’t legally changed my name, should my maiden name be used on the application?
2.  Do we need to prove accommodation details? It isn’t stated on the government site. And if so, since we are going to live with his parents, do we need to submit a tenancy agreement from his father?
3. What documents do we need to prove his employment? At work, he makes more than the £18,600 annually. Are certified pay slips and a letter of confirmation from his employer enough? Evidence?
4. Do we have to provide proof of our relationship, like emails, letters and photos even thought we are married?
5. On the Appendix 2, it asks “have you lived together akin to marriage? If so, provide proof like a shared bill” how do I provide this if i never had a visa to live there, or don’t have a bank account out there?
6. Must i provide a handwritten timeline of my time spent there and travel history?
7. Do I need to fill out the “sponsorship undertaking” form?

I have so many more questions, but thus is the beginning. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I’m on my own with this, and feel defeated.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Applying for UK visa
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:44:03 PM »
Hello! I’m an American citizen married to a UK citizen. I’m currently in the United States, applying for a UK SPOUSE VISA, and trying to figure out what documents I’ll need to support my application with. I cannot seem to find a clear cut list of documents. Is there anyone that I can speak with that can help? I’m not even certain of the things that I’ll need.
1. Now we are married, but haven’t legally changed my name, should my maiden name be used on the application?
2.  Do we need to prove accommodation details? It isn’t stated on the government site. And if so, since we are going to live with his parents, do we need to submit a tenancy agreement from his father?
3. What documents do we need to prove his employment? At work, he makes more than the £18,600 annually. Are certified pay slips and a letter of confirmation from his employer enough? Evidence?
4. Do we have to provide proof of our relationship, like emails, letters and photos even thought we are married?
5. On the Appendix 2, it asks “have you lived together akin to marriage? If so, provide proof like a shared bill” how do I provide this if i never had a visa to live there, or don’t have a bank account out there?
6. Must i provide a handwritten timeline of my time spent there and travel history?
7. Do I need to fill out the “sponsorship undertaking” form?

I have so many more questions, but thus is the beginning. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I’m on my own with this, and feel defeated.

Hi!

1-The visa will be issued in the name on your passport so if you intend to change it, then do it now before you apply.

2-Yes, you do. You'll his dad's land registry document and a letter from him giving you permission to live there.

3-You also need bank statements to match the pay slips covering the entire 6/12 month time that you are relying on.

4-You need to show how you have kept in touch if you are/have been apart for any length of time. If you live together you need evidence of that, so bills in both names, insurance policies etc.

5-If you haven't lived together then you don't provide this.

6-Travel history is required.

7-No. It's not for the spouse visa.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 10:45:59 PM »
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I’m on my own with this, and feel defeated.

Don't worry, we'll help you.  :)

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 06:45:46 PM »
We always communicated through iphone messaging, as well as FaceTime. I’ve changed contracts and we have both changed phones since then, and never kept screen shots of our communication history. I do have written letters, as well as emails. And i can screen shot the communications that we have of recent. Is sending the emails and written letters enough to show our relationship dates to 2014?

I’ve stayed with him a lot. As much as i possibly could, with the stamp on my passport. Should i consider that as “visits”? And not living, correct?

Thank you so much!

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 06:49:25 PM »
We always communicated through iphone messaging, as well as FaceTime. I’ve changed contracts and we have both changed phones since then, and never kept screen shots of our communication history. I do have written letters, as well as emails. And i can screen shot the communications that we have of recent. Is sending the emails and written letters enough to show our relationship dates to 2014?

I’ve stayed with him a lot. As much as i possibly could, with the stamp on my passport. Should i consider that as “visits”? And not living, correct?

Thank you so much!

Yes, you were visiting him, not living with him because you are not allowed to live in the UK on a visitor's  (the stamp you get at the border is a visa) visa.

Yes, emails and letters will be fine, you just need to cover the length of your relationship. If you like you can also explain why you don't have the earlier messaging history.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 11:16:48 PM »
Im needing to print out my emails, how do I go about this? Do I print out each email that we've sent? Do we print out the list of our outbox of our entire history?

How do I put them together? As well with letters? Do I keep them in their envelopes or lay them out and staple the envelope to the letter?

And how much of my text messages do I print out? Are screen shots okay? How lengthy should this be?

Do I need cover letters to explain every subject we provide?

Do I keep all of the boarding passes in an envelope? Should I staple them on a piece of paper, so it's easy to lay out?
Do I bring only boarding passes of me going to England, or do I provide my return home boarding passes?

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 12:38:12 AM »
Im needing to print out my emails, how do I go about this? Do I print out each email that we've sent? Do we print out the list of our outbox of our entire history?

How do I put them together? As well with letters? Do I keep them in their envelopes or lay them out and staple the envelope to the letter?

And how much of my text messages do I print out? Are screen shots okay? How lengthy should this be?

Do I need cover letters to explain every subject we provide?

Do I keep all of the boarding passes in an envelope? Should I staple them on a piece of paper, so it's easy to lay out?
Do I bring only boarding passes of me going to England, or do I provide my return home boarding passes?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab