Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Recommend Vacuum?  (Read 5129 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: Recommend Vacuum?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 12:49:40 PM »
I have a Vax brand vacuum cleaner, which I really like - it’s upright, light (easy to lift and move), no bags (just a detachable cylinder), nozzle attachments, and the base swivels so you can manoeuvre it easily.

Looks like most of their vacuums are more than £100 but they have a couple on offer at the moment:
http://www.vax.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/upright-vacuum-cleaners

http://www.vax.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have the same brand, one of the pet versions. Does a great job and wasn't too expensive.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 05:30:50 PM »
Agree on Dyson. Don't bother with anything else. We have crappy hard-to-vacuum carpets, with shedded hair which most other vacuums miss. It was fab! Our carpet was literally a different shade after the first vacuum!

When ours was under 5 year warranty, every salesperson who answered the phone knew everything about all their products, and was really nice. They don't hesitate to send out a repairperson asap, for any problem. We've now had it 10 years and it still works perfectly.

But Argos and other shops are always having Dyson trade-ins or cashback, so it's also worth it to upgrade soon after warranty expires.

We will definitely stick with Dyson.

• Liked: 676
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 07:22:33 PM »
Hi. Spent 82 pounds and got a Vax U85-AS-Be Air Stretch Base Upright Vacuum, 1.5 Litre, 820w. Have fired it up already and it works great. Has "A" ratings for carpet, hard surface, and exhaust, plus a hepa filter, plus there's a hose extension that makes it work as a canister sort of machine. Very light to carry.  Ran it over my living room rug (an old Persian knock-off) and it pulled cat hair out - from the cat we haven't had in 4 years! I wanted it primarily to function as a canister machine, to get all the baseboards and under the beds, so having it be good for the rugs is just gravy. Came with a six year warranty, too. Am now a happy camper.  ;D

• Liked: 35
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 11:18:07 AM »
We have a Henry - pet version - £120. I've noticed that most hotels and offices where I have seen a vacuum it is a Henry, which I think says a lot about reliability.

My father had a Dyson, never was happy with it's performance. James Dyson is pro-brexit and loves to talk about it.  ::)

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 02:28:54 PM »
We have a Henry - pet version - £120. I've noticed that most hotels and offices where I have seen a vacuum it is a Henry, which I think says a lot about reliability.

My father had a Dyson, never was happy with it's performance. James Dyson is pro-brexit and loves to talk about it.  ::)

When the Daughter was in a student dormitory here a few years ago, each flat had a Henry (I think it was Henry - with the face). I'm sure that is the ultimate test of any vac - surviving in a Uni hall!  ;)  Had it been a bit less expensive, I'd have bought one, I think.

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 08:41:52 AM »
Just an update. The Vax is wonderful! It is very quiet - much moreso than any vac we had in the States - and it's so convenient to be able to use it as a canister when I want to.  Don't need the beater-bars (roller brush) to be active at all on the two large rugs we have - the suction is really good! An added plus - I plug it in at the corner of the living room and the cord is long enough that I can take it through pretty much the entire flat without having to unplug it!  :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab