Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Accommodation Letter  (Read 603 times)

• Liked: 156
Accommodation Letter
« on: November 18, 2017, 02:13:40 PM »
Hi All,

One of my family members said that my husband and I can stay with him until we get our own flat. Can someone assist me with how this letter is suppose to be worded and what other evidence I would need to provide in regards to the house.

He has a 3 bedroom and is single. So I assume that   is plenty of accommodations for us. My husband currently leasing a flat but we asked permission for me to stay there and they said no.

So we are now trying to find another suitable accommodation and my relative has offered. What do I need to provide apart from the letter from him.

Also, does my husband need to move into my relative house during this process?

TIA

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3596
Re: Accommodation Letter
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 02:46:50 PM »
Hi All,

One of my family members said that my husband and I can stay with him until we get our own flat. Can someone assist me with how this letter is suppose to be worded and what other evidence I would need to provide in regards to the house.

He has a 3 bedroom and is single. So I assume that   is plenty of accommodations for us.

The letter just needs to state:
- that he owns the property
- that he is giving you permission to live there
- the total number of bedrooms + living rooms
- the total number of people who will be living in the house

If it will be just him plus the two of you living there (3 people in total), that will be perfectly fine.

A home with 3 bedrooms and 1 living room can have up to 7.5 people living in it before it becomes overcrowded (children under 10 count as 0.5 of a person).

My husband currently leasing a flat but we asked permission for me to stay there and they said no.

Wow - I think that's the first time I've heard of a landlord refusing permission. Did they give a reason why not?

All the letter needs to state is that when you are legally living in the UK and able to rent a property, they are happy for you to live there and/or be added to the lease.

So we are now trying to find another suitable accommodation and my relative has offered. What do I need to provide apart from the letter from him.

You need to provide:
- the letter from him
- his Land Registry document

You can download an official copy of the Land Registry from the Land Registry website for about £3:
https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry

Also, does my husband need to move into my relative house during this process?

No, he doesn't - you just have to show that the property is available for you both to live in once your visa has been granted.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 07:59:08 PM »
They stated that it would be overcrowded. He has a flat mate, so we would have to get the mate to move out. Which is silly to us because it's a 3 bedroom and living room plenty  of space.

We also have kids, so we knew we would have to move but deep down we never expected a yes.

Thanks for all the information,  I really do appreciate  it.

If its not too much to ask can I draft the letter and you read it over for me.

Also, who should I address it too? Is there a home office address?

Accommodation Letter
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 10:23:28 PM »
They stated that it would be overcrowded. He has a flat mate, so we would have to get the mate to move out. Which is silly to us because it's a 3 bedroom and living room plenty  of space.

He can’t state that it will be overcrowded because:
a) under the the definitions of overcrowding, it won’t be (3 bedrooms and one living room means him in bedroom 1, the flat mate in bedroom 2 and you both in bedroom 3, plus one spare room)
And
b) your visa could be refused if he says it’s overcrowded! The whole point of the letter is that he has to confirm it WILL NOT be overcrowded.

We also have kids, so we knew we would have to move but deep down we never expected a yes.

How many kids? And what ages? That may affect whether it is considered overcrowded or not.

If its not too much to ask can I draft the letter and you read it over for me.

Yes, that’s fine... though it should be him who drafts the letter, not you.

Also, who should I address it too? Is there a home office address?

It should be addressed to ‘The Entry Clearance Officer’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 342
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 10:25:24 AM »
a) under the the definitions of overcrowding, it won’t be (3 bedrooms and one living room means him in bedroom 1, the flat mate in bedroom 2 and you both in bedroom 3, plus one spare room)

kelks said they also have children.

Looking back on the posts, it seems to be 4 children between them.

How old is your son from your first marriage?

Are his two children living out of the UK in his country? If in the UK, do his two children live with him or their mother/s?

The number of bedrooms needed for children is based on gender, age and which parent they live with in the UK.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:50:14 AM by Sirius »

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 10:39:55 AM »

Yes, I read that after I wrote that part... but I was replying on my phone and it was the middle of the night, so I didn't bother to go back to change it.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 10:45:30 AM »
Yes, I read that after I wrote that part... but I was replying on my phone and it was the middle of the night, so I didn't bother to go back to change it.

I don't know how you can do that, I like my sleep. ;D Which country are in at the moment?

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 10:58:58 AM »
I don't know how you can do that, I like my sleep. ;D Which country are in at the moment?

I'm in Gibraltar - I'd just got home from an evening out with visiting friends and I was just checking my phone before I went to bed... I may have also had a couple of cocktails, so it possibly wasn't the best time to decide to reply to the post :P.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 12:56:14 PM »

Looking back on the posts, it seems to be 4 children between them.

How old is your son from your first marriage?

Are his two children living out of the UK in his country? If in the UK, do his two children live with him or their mother/s?

The number of bedrooms needed for children is based on gender, age and which parent they live with in the UK.
Yes we have 4 children between us, but the boys live with their mom.

We only need space for 2 but we have a boy (7years) and a girl (20months), and yes I know boys and girl cant be in the in the same room after a point in the UK (But I am not sure what age that is)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:05:39 PM by kelks »

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 01:03:34 PM »
And
b) your visa could be refused if he says it’s overcrowded! The whole point of the letter is that he has to confirm it WILL NOT be overcrowded.

How many kids? And what ages? That may affect whether it is considered overcrowded or not.

Yes, that’s fine... though it should be him who drafts the letter, not you.

It should be addressed to ‘The Entry Clearance Officer’.

He asked me for a copy of how the letter should he written.  Told him I did not know, so thats why I came to ask on here.

Trying to see how much of this paperwork, I can get done before travelling in December. We really want to do the applications for January, so we will be reviewing everything that we need in Dec.

Not my relative but my Husband landlord said 3 adults in the home would be overcrowded. I just decided it was best to ignore, as we know 3 bedroom is plenty of space and also we knew we had to move because of our kids (2 will be on the application, ages 7 boy and 24months girl)

Will my relative home be enough space for all?

Let me know.

TIA

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 04:36:53 PM »
Yes we have 4 children between us, but the boys live with their mom.

We only need space for 2 but we have a boy (7years) and a girl (20months), and yes I know boys and girl cant be in the in the same room after a point in the UK (But I am not sure what age that is)

It's all in here.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/452964/IDI_Adequate_Maintenance_and_Accommodation_Part_8_Annex_F.pdf

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 04:44:41 PM »
He asked me for a copy of how the letter should he written.  Told him I did not know, so thats why I came to ask on here.

Trying to see how much of this paperwork, I can get done before travelling in December. We really want to do the applications for January, so we will be reviewing everything that we need in Dec.

Not my relative but my Husband landlord said 3 adults in the home would be overcrowded. I just decided it was best to ignore, as we know 3 bedroom is plenty of space and also we knew we had to move because of our kids (2 will be on the application, ages 7 boy and 24months girl)

Let me know.

TIA

For children, they have to be age 10 or over, and of opposite sexes, for them to need separate rooms.

So with 2 kids under 10, your relative’s house should be fine:
Bedroom 1: your relative
Bedroom 2: you and your spouse
Bedroom 3: the 2 kids (or just 1 kid)
Living room: spare (or 1 kid)

Total number of people = 4
(3 adults, 2 children under 10 (0.5 Person each)).

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 06:47:47 PM »

Let me know.

TIA

This is what was drafted how do this sound? Is it missing any information?

To Whom It May Concern

I, KW, am the property owner of  (address) which consists of three (3) bedrooms, one and a half (1 ½)  bathroom with a living and dining room.

As long as Mrs KKS and her son AP visas are granted they will be permitted to live with me, at the above stated residence along with her husband, Mr. KKS

The total number of persons who will be residing in the house is 3.5, that includes; K, A and her husband K and myself, the space is more than adequate to accommodate all of us.

Please do not hesitate to  contact me at (mobile #), if you require anymore information.

Yours Respectfully.

KW

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 07:08:26 PM »
This is what was drafted how do this sound? Is it missing any information?

To Whom It May Concern

I, KW, am the property owner of  (address) which consists of three (3) bedrooms, one and a half (1 ½)  bathroom with a living and dining room.

As long as Mrs KKS and her son AP visas are granted they will be permitted to live with me, at the above stated residence along with her husband, Mr. KKS

The total number of persons who will be residing in the house is 3.5, that includes; K, A and her husband K and myself, the space is more than adequate to accommodate all of us.

Please do not hesitate to  contact me at (mobile #), if you require anymore information.

Yours Respectfully.

KW

Sounds good!

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 07:10:08 PM »
Sounds good!
Thanks so much...I can tick this off my list now.

Sponsored Links