Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Electric Blanket  (Read 418 times)

• Liked: 248
Electric Blanket
« on: November 20, 2017, 09:30:20 AM »
I got an electric over blanket a few years ago for when we visited in the colder months - American hubby had never encountered one and didn't think it a good idea.  Until he used it in chilly weather!

Years ago I had an electric under blanket, but I would read about the odd one going on fire!!!! I don't know if they still sell them.  But the over blanket is absolutely wonderful!  Dual controlled we can have it to suit us individually.  The blanket goes on while you brush your teeth etc.  It covers the whole bed so there are no cold spots. No need to get into bed and lie there like a frozen pretzel, terrified to stretch your feet out into the antarctic space at the foot of the bed.  And the abuse you get when you put your feet on your spouses warm bum - done away with.

Do I sound like an advert?  I just wanted to share.

• Liked: 63
Re: Electric Blanket
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 09:34:21 AM »
Strange that your DH never encountered an electric blanket in the US - if anything, I think they are more common there. I had an electric over blanket about 35 years ago. Even then there were warnings about the potential for overheating and fire with under blankets.

I agree - they are wonderful things if you like light covers, a cool room, and a warm bed. 
Married December 1992 (my 'old flame' whom I first met in the mid-70s)
1st move to UK - 1993 (Letter of Consent granted at British Embassy in Washington DC)
ILR - 1994 (1 year later - no fee way back then!)
Back to US in 2000
Returned to UK July 2011 (Spousal Visa/KOL endorsement)
ILR - September 2011
Application for naturalization submitted July 2014
Approval received 15-10-14; ceremony scheduled for 10 November!
Passport arrived 25 November 2014. Finally done!

• Liked: 248
Re: Electric Blanket
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 09:53:48 AM »
Hubby hasn't lived in the States for a few decades and I don't think he was interested in such creature comforts. He enjoyed American heating and AC and life was good.  Now he is becoming a pioneer!

Sponsored Links