Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Returning resident refused/appeal now in process... Family visa questions...  (Read 675 times)

• Liked: 0
Oh hi guys , remember me?
I applied for the RR visa a few months back, and it was refused...( we all knew it would be, but financially I sort of had nothing to lose)
My in laws paid for us to appeal it, so now it's lost somewhere in that sh*tshow of a system.
However, my husband and I just simply cannot live here in NYC anymore with our children. It's just been nearly impossible for us to get ourselves back on our feet.
I just recently saw that the income rules have slightly changed in August regarding minimum income requirement , and use of third party sponsor.

My questions are : even though my old case is in appeal, can I go ahead and make a new application for a visa?
Also... Which visa would I be applying for now that my husband and I are 12 yrs married, with 7 yr old twins... They all have British citizenship. Surely it wouldn't be the same visa I had previously? I'm sure there is no need for me to prove any genuine relationship etc...

I just have no idea what to do now, and I’ve done nothing but google EVERYTHING this past few days to no avail.

• Liked: 3595
Sorry to hear about the refusal - even though you knew it would happen.

My questions are : even though my old case is in appeal, can I go ahead and make a new application for a visa?

You may need to cancel/withdraw the appeal first, but yes, you should be able to apply for a visa.

However, I would not rely on the new visa rules regarding income if it is at all possible - those are for applications that do not meet the visa requirements and are issued outside the immigration rules (based on Article 8, right to family life, if there are UK citizen children involved who can only live in the UK and not in the US), and you REALLY don't want to be on that path if you can help it.

You'd be looking at 10 years to ILR and citizenship, instead of 5 years, and paying over £3,000 every 2.5 years for a new visa. I'd estimate you'd be looking at around £15,000-20,000 in visa and citizenship fees over the next 10 years, since the prices are rising every year (compared to maybe £10,000 over 5 years if you can qualify for the visa).

So, is there any way you can meet the financial requirements WITHOUT needing to rely on the changes in the income rules?

Either:
- your husband has a job offer in the UK paying at least £18,600 and starting within 3 months of moving back AND he has earned at least £18,600 in the US in the last 12 months
OR
-  your husband has a job offer in the UK paying at least £18,600 and starting within 3 months of moving back AND he has been with his current US employer for at least 6 months, earning £18,600 all of that time, and he is still employed by them on the date you apply for the visa
OR
- you have £62,500 in savings between you, held in full in your account(s) for at least 6 months. You can use pension savings (i.e. 401K) as long as they are immediately accessible. Or if the savings come from proceeds from the sale of property you own, you just need to have owned the house for at least 6 months before the sale
OR
- Between you, you have at least £18,600 in non-employment income that will continue in the UK (income from property you own, interest from stocks and shares, academic maintenance grants etc.)

Also... Which visa would I be applying for now that my husband and I are 12 yrs married, with 7 yr old twins... They all have British citizenship. Surely it wouldn't be the same visa I had previously? I'm sure there is no need for me to prove any genuine relationship etc...

You need a spousal visa. It is the same visa you had previously and you have to prove a genuine relationship for every single visa application. In this case, you will need to prove you have been married and living together for the last 12 years. Then for the future visas, you'll need to show you have been living together in the UK for the length of the visa.

See here:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 05:22:50 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 342
I just recently saw that the income rules have slightly changed in August regarding minimum income requirement , and use of third party sponsor.

I doubt you will get that, for the same reason another poster on here was refused that this month. You are already having your human rights to a family life, in the US with your dual citizen children.
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=91124.msg1199961#msg1199961
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 05:35:48 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 6110

Welcome back.  :)
Do not make the mistake of thinking that being married 12 years and having children together is sufficient proof of relationship for UKVI, it's not. Don't skimp on your relationship evidence.

• Liked: 0
Hi dears
I got my email that the decision was made on 26/10/17. till then I did not get a confirmation letter stating its approved or refusd or my documents. I have bought the courier return service and it to the helpline two days ago. my question is: I am afraid that I will receive my pass with an expired visa!! Do you think that visa will be issued directly after their email of the decision

• Liked: 6110
Hi dears
I got my email that the decision was made on 26/10/17. till then I did not get a confirmation letter stating its approved or refusd or my documents. I have bought the courier return service and it to the helpline two days ago. my question is: I am afraid that I will receive my pass with an expired visa!! Do you think that visa will be issued directly after their email of the decision

I answered in the other thread.  :)

Sponsored Links