Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What do you want for Christmas?  (Read 4594 times)

• Liked: 149
Re: What do you want for Christmas?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 04:06:56 PM »
I would LOVE a decent drone with good video. So far.....even in my weird brain..... just can't justify it. Still trying to justify it though..........I'm a guy.....I need toys....
Fred

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 04:09:23 PM »
Brexit to be reversed.

Simple things....
Oh man!!!.....I would have voted REMAIN if I had been able to vote. As time has gone by......I'm leaning more BREXIT.
Fred

• Liked: 41
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 04:16:41 PM »
I would LOVE a decent drone with good video. So far.....even in my weird brain..... just can't justify it. Still trying to justify it though..........I'm a guy.....I need toys....
This is exactly what i had in mind having been involved with military projects with said device fitted. If you can fit it to your drone, and Nancy's sun tan is inadequate, it comes with a lovely laser designator to top that tan right up. Just watch you don't go blind!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 111
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 06:09:19 PM »

My husband is like you. The man loves his toys and has very expensive tastes. He loves top-of-the-line cameras and equipment, those huge iMac's and had his eye on the CGI Phantom Pro 4+ drone. He started his own event photography business which pays for the eye-watering expensive cameras, iMac and photography equipment. He recently got his Commercial Drone Pilot License from the FAA (he took the test and it took over two months to get the license, gotta love those government agencies) and bought the fancy drone. It's freaking amazing! The quality of the video is truly unsurpassed! He started a second business, a drone photography business, that specializes in residential and commercial real estate. The business he's received has already paid for it. So, if you want the toys, this is your way to get them guilt-free. I highly recommend the CGI Phantom Pro 4+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 07:14:48 PM »
We buy bags of ice daily. £30- £35 a month spent on ice.
I only use one tray a day and that includes 4 cubes for chewing in front of the TV.

Oh, you two... I have made two trays of ice since we moved to this house a year ago.  I never made ice at the rented house (I lived there for 4 years).  The second tray of ice is still full, and we have half of the first tray left in a lidded bowl.  We really don't use much ice.  The two trays were made in the last few weeks because I decided we should have start having margaritas with our Mexican platter.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 768
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2017, 07:21:03 PM »
Oh, you two... I have made two trays of ice since we moved to this house a year ago.  I never made ice at the rented house (I lived there for 4 years).  The second tray of ice is still full, and we have half of the first tray left in a lidded bowl.  We really don't use much ice.  The two trays were made in the last few weeks because I decided we should have start having margaritas with our Mexican platter.
I'm blaming my anemia. My doctor told me I needed an iron transfusion the day before I left for Scotland.

I liked ice before but I've never eaten so much of it in my life. At this point, it is a need.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2017, 07:33:38 PM »
My wants are pretty simple - instant pot and heated blanket. But I think I'll probably be getting those for myself and my real present will be a new tablet or laptop (tablet stolen by air transat staff, laptop screen died after too much travel and almost costs as much as a new one to replace. I just use it as a desktop for now.)

• Liked: 768
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 07:54:41 PM »
My wants are pretty simple - instant pot and heated blanket. But I think I'll probably be getting those for myself and my real present will be a new tablet or laptop (tablet stolen by air transat staff, laptop screen died after too much travel and almost costs as much as a new one to replace. I just use it as a desktop for now.)

Absolutely LOVE my Instant Pot!!

I had one in the US and had the UK version waiting on me before I landed.

I plan on using my IP and an air fryer as my main modes of cooking since my oven is heated up by a flashlight.

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2017, 07:59:01 PM »
My husband is like you. The man loves his toys and has very expensive tastes. He loves top-of-the-line cameras and equipment, those huge iMac's and had his eye on the CGI Phantom Pro 4+ drone. He started his own event photography business which pays for the eye-watering expensive cameras, iMac and photography equipment. He recently got his Commercial Drone Pilot License from the FAA (he took the test and it took over two months to get the license, gotta love those government agencies) and bought the fancy drone. It's freaking amazing! The quality of the video is truly unsurpassed! He started a second business, a drone photography business, that specializes in residential and commercial real estate. The business he's received has already paid for it. So, if you want the toys, this is your way to get them guilt-free. I highly recommend the CGI Phantom Pro 4+
This sounds like work. Not happening. But I would still like one......it would be great on the golf course.
Fred

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 09:38:51 PM »
The business he's received has already paid for it. So, if you want the toys, this is your way to get them guilt-free.

So far, our workshop has cost us far more than we've made from it.  But our plan is to save so much by doing our own kitchen, and make money by selling things, that the workshop pays for itself.

That said, I want a bandsaw for Christmas, but unless my sister surprises me with an exceedingly generous gift (not completely out of the realms of possibility, but I don't have any expectations at all), we will have to wait 'til after the visa in May.  Or at least until after we book the appointment at the end of March (if we're able to book before the fees go up), plus about a month to save for it.

I also want a jointer, a belt sander, a bench grinder, ...  I'm almost getting to the point where I don't keep adding things to the list once I start listing them!  Oh!  And a whole bunch of clamps of various sizes.  You can never have too many clamps.  *assure*

• Liked: 957
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 10:22:25 PM »
Absolutely LOVE my Instant Pot!!

I had one in the US and had the UK version waiting on me before I landed.

I plan on using my IP and an air fryer as my main modes of cooking since my oven is heated up by a flashlight.

that oven would make me sad! I have an IP in the US and it's my favorite. My husband will be happy if I have one ... he's still learning how to use spices!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2017, 09:55:00 AM »
I'm blaming my anemia. My doctor told me I needed an iron transfusion the day before I left for Scotland.

I liked ice before but I've never eaten so much of it in my life. At this point, it is a need.

There's nothing wrong with chewing ice.  Maybe it's a North Carol ina thing. 

Here's what we all need to make our lives complete

A margarita machine made out of a cooler and a sink disposal unit! 
http://www.rtfmnow.com/SuperMixer/Assembly.html

This ticks boxes for you, me and JfKimberley!  She's the only one with space and a workshop so she needs to build it.

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2017, 09:56:50 AM »
I don't. They're bloody dangerous! Just imagine Barry (hyperthetical old perv) working on his chopper to spy on Nancy while she's sunbathing with his electro-optical 100x magnification HD laser-guided turret.  All whilst hovering at 3500ft within the Heathrow approach path...  And.... with flight control laws all under software control that was designed by a 12 year old Chinese kid.  Arghhhh!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Funny you should mention that, I live right under the Heathrow flight path.

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2017, 09:58:56 AM »

cool!  You are right, those drones aren't cheap.  I'm not into taking pictures, I just want to feel like I am flying.

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2017, 12:09:37 PM »
Here's what we all need to make our lives complete

A margarita machine made out of a cooler and a sink disposal unit! 
http://www.rtfmnow.com/SuperMixer/Assembly.html

This ticks boxes for you, me and JfKimberley!  She's the only one with space and a workshop so she needs to build it.

Ohhh... that is interesting!  But it will have to wait 'til after my house is suitable for guests.  I have no need for that volume of margaritas when I can't let people see the hovel I live in.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab