Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What do you want for Christmas?  (Read 4563 times)

• Liked: 154
Re: What do you want for Christmas?
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2017, 09:21:00 PM »
Apparently there is a weed buying app here. I still don't understand how it works but it does. I would be too suspicious of anyone selling to buy any, plus I don't smoke anyway, but how do you know you aren't buying or selling to the police?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A a lady I work with and is  apparently naive as all get go was just telling me how her son who lives in or near Amsterdam got her to unknowingly eat an edible brownie. I was dying laughing

I don't use the substance and never have but I agree with you I'd be terrified of the police.  We had a big indoor farm busted a few weeks ago close to ours. Entertaining to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2017, 09:25:01 PM »
A a lady I work with and is  apparently naive as all get go was just telling me how her son who lives in or near Amsterdam got her to unknowingly eat an edible brownie. I was dying laughing

I don't use the substance and never have but I agree with you I'd be terrified of the police.  We had a big indoor farm busted a few weeks ago close to ours. Entertaining to watch.

My husband and I bought a gram of hash in Amsterdam. Just pure hash. He broke it in half and told me to chew it up. Omg! So gross and I chewed it for like half an hour. I couldn't get that nasty taste out of my mouth.  We ate it on the train. I got back to the hotel and slept for 9 straight hours. The best sleep of my life. I was expecting a different experience I guess. Don't need to waste my money on that again.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2017, 09:29:34 PM »
My husband and I bought a gram of hash in Amsterdam. Just pure hash. He broke it in half and told me to chew it up. Omg! So gross and I chewed it for like half an hour. I couldn't get that nasty taste out of my mouth.  We ate it on the train. I got back to the hotel and slept for 9 straight hours. The best sleep of my life. I was expecting a different experience I guess. Don't need to waste my money on that again.

Omg I don't think I could chew that long. However, the relaxing side effects doesn't sound bad

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2017, 09:32:15 PM »
Omg I don't think I could chew that long. However, the relaxing side effects doesn't sound bad

We also wasted our money on weed brownies and lollies. We decided they have a negligible amount of weed... just enough to sell to the tourists. No one is getting high off a weed lolly that costs €1.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2017, 11:15:27 PM »
We also wasted our money on weed brownies and lollies. We decided they have a negligible amount of weed... just enough to sell to the tourists. No one is getting high off a weed lolly that costs €1.

You can't expect much THC for a euro!

My friends make cake and brownies and I've heard the Colorado edibles (candy/cookies/beverages) are crazy strong. The trick for food is to basically put the oil you bake with in a pan and saute the weed in it to get it to release the THC. But, we never got around to doing it ourselves.

I never got my slice of confetti weed cake as I started a new job that week and had to be drug tested. It was lame.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2017, 11:39:06 PM »
You can't expect much THC for a euro!

My friends make cake and brownies and I've heard the Colorado edibles (candy/cookies/beverages) are crazy strong. The trick for food is to basically put the oil you bake with in a pan and saute the weed in it to get it to release the THC. But, we never got around to doing it ourselves.

I never got my slice of confetti weed cake as I started a new job that week and had to be drug tested. It was lame.
My good friends live in Colorado and grow their own herb, make their own oil and edibles. They are "preppers" and know how to live off the land. I hear their stuff is crazy good.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2017, 04:54:05 AM »
I genuinely wish it was legal at least as medicine in the U.K. There are a lot of strains that are highly effective for pain management! But my brain went there with Edibles too, and quickly reconsidered since it's for a 70 yo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2017, 04:57:58 AM »
But my brain went there with Edibles too, and quickly reconsidered since it's for a 70 yo.

I had no clue! Not my thing at all!  ;D I was thinking more in the region of a nice tin of shortbread!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2017, 09:35:16 AM »
You guys might be on to something.  THIS could be the gift that my soon to be 70 year old father in law actually gets excited about!   ;D

Might make taking pictures more fun, as a bonus.   ;)

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2017, 12:43:07 PM »
I've always found that edibles go down well with the older generation.  :)
Constantly surprised by you people!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2017, 12:51:28 PM »
I genuinely wish it was legal at least as medicine in the U.K. There are a lot of strains that are highly effective for pain management!

Agreed.  I don't smoke it (or anything else), but I agree it should legal.  At least for medicinal use.  I can't see the rationale for prohibiting it for recreational use, either.  Alcohol is harmful, but legal; tobacco is harmful, but legal.  Why this arbitrary line-drawing?  Why is this one not legal?

But my brain went there with Edibles too, and quickly reconsidered since it's for a 70 yo

75 is about the average age of all the hippies toking it up in northern California now.  That population were in their heyday in the 60s.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2017, 12:53:35 PM »
I went to Amsterdam once with a group of language students from all over the world.  Long story short, we ended up in a coffee house and these two Japanese girls started scarfing down the brownies like no tomorrow.  Somebody else starting rolling a joint and the Japanese girls were fascinated, asking what it was.  They were shocked to learn that it was marijuana!  I didn't keep track of what happened to them the rest of the night.  Later, I talked with another student who was a lawyer from Istanbul and she swore she had no idea what was going on when we walked in there. 

« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2017, 12:56:16 PM »
haha. Yep. Edibles! I still haven't had any or smoked it... But I've never been one to smoke so edibles it would have to be!
I made some brownies once and ended up dancing with the dog.  As I recall, the music was really good and the collie seemed up for a bit of a dance.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »
Agreed.  I don't smoke it (or anything else), but I agree it should legal.  At least for medicinal use.  I can't see the rationale for prohibiting it for recreational use, either.  Alcohol is harmful, but legal; tobacco is harmful, but legal.  Why this arbitrary line-drawing?  Why is this one not legal?

I'm with you.  If someone is doing it in their own home it doesn't affect me.  I don't care if they want to have some.

Harder drugs, yeah let's draw the line there.  I'm actually not bothered with prostitution (again, it doesn't affect me).  But I can see the issue of someone being taken advantage of.  But two consenting adults?  I really don't care if someone wants to pay for that.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2017, 01:31:38 PM »
I'm with you.  If someone is doing it in their own home it doesn't affect me.  I don't care if they want to have some.

Harder drugs, yeah let's draw the line there.  I'm actually not bothered with prostitution (again, it doesn't affect me).  But I can see the issue of someone being taken advantage of.  But two consenting adults?  I really don't care if someone wants to pay for that.

Agreed.  We can criminalize the reckless behaviour people do while under the influence, like driving dangerously or while impaired.  But don't criminalize the substance itself.  They're not harming anybody else if they're sitting in their lounge smoking a joint.

Same with prostitution.  Kidnap, rape, and slavery are already crimes.  Prosecute those.  But why is buying/selling sex between two consenting adults a crime?  Nobody is being harmed if they are consenting adults.  And it's rape (already a crime) if they are not both a consenting adult.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links