Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What to Do When MP isn't able to get info?  (Read 379 times)

• Liked: 55
What to Do When MP isn't able to get info?
« on: November 22, 2017, 08:40:29 PM »
Hey Everyone,

As some of you have been following the Fall Timeline may have noticed I've been getting loads of mixed information from the Home Office regarding my application.

My documents were received in Sheffield on October 9th, many applicants have already heard back, even ones that applied nearly a month after me.

First it was confirmed to me the other day that a decision was made on my application.

Second, Another customer service agent emailed me with another applicant's info after my MP called them on 11/21 to find the status. The message had someone elses name and instructions regarding their application (Not ok!)

I emailed them back and expressed concerns about all the mixed communication and information breaches. No one has replied.

If this is the information they are giving me even with an MP contacting them, what am I left to do about my application? Next week is going to be Week #8. VFS has even confirmed with me that my application is being processed priority.

VFS has already mistakenly gave me access to another applicants  private information and now I'm getting information from UKVI about an entirely different applicant.

Words can't describe how crazy and discouraging this is. I'm baffled on what to do next . My husband has emailed the MP twice since this incident and left a message.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 08:47:55 PM by evyf »

• Liked: 957
Re: What to Do When MP isn't able to get info?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 10:13:20 PM »
Is your husband able to see the MP in person? After that, the media seems to be the only other squeaky wheel :( (and I do think lack of controls on personal data is a worthy story, you're not the first to get letters addressed to other people.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:16:21 PM »
Is your husband able to see the MP in person? After that, the media seems to be the only other squeaky wheel :( (and I do think lack of controls on personal data is a worthy story, you're not the first to get letters addressed to other people.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've told him they don't have availability until January :( I'll have him keep trying

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 08:39:57 AM »
Honestly there really isn't anything you can do but sit and wait.

If you were told a decision was made by the "call line", I'd take that with a grain of salt.  They've told people decisions were made before and been incorrect (they've also told people correctly before).  The best thing you can do is try to put the application to the back of your mind and forget about it.  I know this is easy for me to say and hard for you to do.  But MP's don't get better information than anyone else these days.  I DO think that raising the data protection issue with your MP is worth a visit by your spouse.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 05:40:50 PM »
Honestly there really isn't anything you can do but sit and wait.

If you were told a decision was made by the "call line", I'd take that with a grain of salt.  They've told people decisions were made before and been incorrect (they've also told people correctly before).  The best thing you can do is try to put the application to the back of your mind and forget about it.  I know this is easy for me to say and hard for you to do.  But MP's don't get better information than anyone else these days.  I DO think that raising the data protection issue with your MP is worth a visit by your spouse.

That's what I figured. My  MP has spoken to them twice and they've told him today that the "escalation" or whatever they are doing is going to take 20 Business days now. This is after they've emailed two times within the 24 hours confirming that a decision has been made lol. It's madness. They've sent me so many emails this week with conflicting information.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab