Author Topic: FLR(M) help! I'm losing my nerve.  (Read 971 times)

Offline AshFromTheUK

• Liked: 0
FLR(M) help! I'm losing my nerve.
« on: November 25, 2017, 07:35:15 PM »
Hi all,

Hope you can help, as I'm really stressing about this.  This is the FLR(M) checklist I have and I just want to make sure everything is OK before sending off in the post!

Applicant
- Covering letter
- FLR(M) application form
- US passport
- 2 x passport pics with full name on back
- IHS surcharge receipt – I understand you need to log on and pay for this before applying??

Sponsor
- UK passport
- 1 x passport pic with full name on the back

Financial requirement
 - 6 x pay slips FROM SPONSER... must cover a full 6 months – and should be dated within 28 days of the application?
- letter from employer confirming the authenticity of the pay slips because these are printed online.
- 6 x bank statements... must cover a full 6 months – and should be dated within 28 days of the application?
- Letter from employer stating wage/length of employment etc
- P60
- original job contract

Accommodation requirement:

- Land Registry document
- latest mortgage statement

Relationship evidence

- Our wedding certificate
- 5 pieces of joint mail (are ALL joint bank statements OK or does this have to be a MIX or letters?) covering 2.5 years (I understand that this should be evenly spaced every 4 months for the last 2 years)
- 1 piece additional addressed only to sponsor (car insurance)
- 1 piece additional address only to applicant (bank statement)

Additional questions

I also understand that if you’ve been divorced previously that you need to include the divorce certificate is that right?

When we submitted the initial visa, I literally sent originals in in 1 folder, then photocopied the entire folder and sent another. They kept the photocopy but returned the originals. Should we do the same this time?

My biggest concern is supplying the letters that are required.  My understanding is that the guidelines are are 6 pieces, from at least 3 different sources, in both names, spread pretty evenly over the last 2 years before application. You can substitute 1 in both names with one each in single name, or 2 in both names, by 2 each in single names. i.e. 6 pieces of evidence with both names, or 12 pieces of evidence in single names that covers every 4 months??

What evidence does this need to be?  Can it be bank statements, credit card statements, bills, letters from Tesco club card, medical letters etc?

Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

Regards,

Ash
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 07:40:34 PM by AshFromTheUK »

Offline biscuits

• Liked: 14
Re: FLR(M) help! I'm losing my nerve.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 07:42:28 PM »
You're on it, Ash :)

As far as I know, bank statements that aren't used for the financial support side, utility bills, council tax bills, medical are all good for the correspondence evidence - I'll let someone else comment though!

If you've been divorced, you need that certificate - the decree absolute - for sure.

Offline ksand24

• Liked: 1626
FLR(M) help! I'm losing my nerve.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 07:49:13 PM »
You can use bank statements for some of the 6 documents, but not all of them.

You need AT LEAST 3 different official sources. The acceptable sources you can use are all listed on the FLR(M) form right underneath the guidance about the letters.

They should be evenly spread across the last 2 years, approx. every 4 months. If you are using separately addressed documents for one period, they should be dated as close to each other as possible

From what I recall, you can use:
- tenancy agreements
- mortgage statements
- bank statements
- building society statements
- council tax statements
- gas/electricity bills
- water bills
- phone bills
- TV licence letters
- letters from the NHS
- letters from DVLA
- letters from HMRC/DWP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 07:50:20 PM by ksand24 »

Offline ksand24

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 07:53:14 PM »
So, if you are applying at the end of November 2017, you could have documents from, for example, the following months:
December 2015
April 2016
August 2016
December 2016
April 2017
August 2017

Or maybe:
Feb 2016
June 2016
Oct 2016
Feb 2017
June 2017
Oct 2017.

Offline ksand24

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 07:56:29 PM »
You must include any divorce decrees.

For the finances, the latest bank statement, payslip and the employer letter must all be dated within 28 days of the application

If you are applying by post I would include a photo of you together as well as your marriage certificate and your 6 documents

In terms of photocopies, just send copies of any original documents you want to be returned. You do not need to copy the entire set of documents.

Offline AshFromTheUK

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 05:37:41 PM »
Hi Ksands and Biscuits, thank you both very much for your help.

Firstly, some background information - Wife arrived in UK July 2015, her visa is due for renewal by 20th December 2017.

I've compiled a list of letters from the last 2 years.  I'll post this below so hopefully this will be sufficient.

Evidence 1 - March 2016 - Council Tax bill - Addressed to both

Evidence 2 - Part A - August 2016 - Phone bill - Addressed to my wife as account holder, but on the second page lists me as a user.
Evidence 2 - Part B - August 2016 - Letter from the Homes & Communities Agency - Addressed just to me. (Note:  If this isn't acceptable, I also have a credit card statement I can submit but the H&CA is a government agency so I would it would be?)

Evidence 3 - November 2016 - Gas & Electricity statement - Addressed to both.  (Note: this is addressed to Mr and Mrs A XXXX.  It doesn't not include my wife's first name, this should be fine, right?  I also have a bank statement I could supply if not.)

Evidence 4 - March 2017 - Council Tax bill - Addressed to both

Evidence 5 - July 2017 - Gas & Electricity statement - Addressed to both. (As above.)

Evidence 6 -Part A - October 2017 Phone bill - Addressed to my wife as account holder, but on the second page lists me as a user.

Evidence 6 - Part B - November 2017 - Letter from Scanlans Property Management addressed to me.

I would appreciate if this list could please be sense-checked and comments made.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:49:48 PM by AshFromTheUK »

Offline ksand24

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 05:43:31 PM »
Your list of 6 documents looks okay to me.

Remember, you can use bank statements if you want to, so you could replace the Oct/Nov phone bills/letters with bank statement(s) for those 2 months.

Offline KFdancer

• Liked: 1876
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 05:45:55 PM »
I’d add something from Nov/Dec 2015.

Offline AshFromTheUK

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 05:54:39 PM »
Your list of 6 documents looks okay to me.

Remember, you can use bank statements if you want to, so you could replace the Oct/Nov phone bills/letters with bank statement(s) for those 2 months.

The only problem I have with using a bank statement for Evidence 6, is that the bank statements are also being used to evidence the last 6 months worth of bank statements.  I'm not sure how I could use them to meet both letters received and the bank statement criteria?

I’d add something from Nov/Dec 2015.

I have a letter from British Gas addressed to the both of us in December 2016.  I'll throw that in!  Thanks!

Offline ksand24

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 06:05:52 PM »
The only problem I have with using a bank statement for Evidence 6, is that the bank statements are also being used to evidence the last 6 months worth of bank statements.  I'm not sure how I could use them to meet both letters received and the bank statement criteria?

That doesn't matter - just write a note stating you are using it for both.

Or alternatively, you just use documents from the following months and don't include anything from November 2017, since they will already see that your bank statements have that address anyway:
Nov 2015
March 2016
July 2016
Nov 2016
March 2017
July 2017

I have a letter from British Gas addressed to the both of us in December 2016.  I'll throw that in!  Thanks!

That's too far from July 2016 and too close to March 2017 - I would go with the November 2016 documents you already have.

Offline AshFromTheUK

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 06:15:05 PM »
That doesn't matter - just write a note stating you are using it for both.

Or alternatively, you just use documents from the following months and don't include anything from November 2017, since they will already see that your bank statements have that address anyway:
Nov 2015
March 2016
July 2016
Nov 2016
March 2017
July 2017

That's too far from July 2016 and too close to March 2017 - I would go with the November 2016 documents you already have.

Whoops!  That was a typo.  i meant to say December 2015!

I'll cross reference the bank statement for November 2017, thank you all so much!

Offline ksand24

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 06:25:51 PM »
Whoops!  That was a typo.  i meant to say December 2015!

I'll cross reference the bank statement for November 2017, thank you all so much!

Ah - that makes more sense :P.

Yeah, actually if you include 7 documents (both Dec 2015 and Nov 2017), rather than 6, then they can use either, and it won't matter too much if they don't realise the Nov 2017 bank statement is being used for both :).

Offline AshFromTheUK

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 06:29:50 PM »
Ah - that makes more sense :P.

Yeah, actually if you include 7 documents (both Dec 2015 and Nov 2017), rather than 6, then they can use either, and it won't matter too much if they don't realise the Nov 2017 bank statement is being used for both :).

Evidence 1 - December 2015 - British Gas statement - Addressed to both
Evidence 2 - March 2016 - Council Tax bill - Addressed to both
Evidence 3 - July 2016 - Bank statement - Addressed to both
Evidence 4 - November 2016- British Gas statement - Addressed to both
Evidence 5 - March 2017 - Council Tax bill - Addressed to both
Evidence 6 - July 2017 - British Gas Statement - Addressed to both.
Evidence 7 - November 2017 - Bank statement addressed to both.

Okay, I've revised the list.. Would this suffice?  Fingers crossed!

Offline ksand24

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 06:30:55 PM »
Yep, that looks good :).

Offline AshFromTheUK

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 10:31:04 PM »
Yep, that looks good :).

Sorry to be a pain, but what are your thoughts on this?

The statement from British Gas is addressed to Mr and Mrs A XXXX.  It doesn't not include my wife's first name, this should be fine, right?