Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment  (Read 29917 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment
« Reply #285 on: January 11, 2018, 11:02:34 PM »
6 weeks. Where the heck is my application?! At what point do I contact someone? They are now outside of the timeframe quoted for the service. Should I try emailing VFS again?

Yes, definitely email them. And point out that non gold and other gold applicants have received their decisions while you are still waiting.

• Liked: 95
« Reply #286 on: January 11, 2018, 11:07:24 PM »
Yes, definitely email them. And point out that non gold and other gold applicants have received their decisions while you are still waiting.

Ok thanks, I will! Last time I mentioned other applicants, they got a real bee in their bonnet about my "source" and sort of shut down. I imagine I'll get something like that again but I'll give it a go!
FLR (M) Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 14/10/20
Biometrics Appointment/Document Scanned: 13/11/20
Received Decision: 8/3/21 - APPROVED

ILR Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 30/08/23
Biometrics Appointment/Documents Scanned: 29/09/23
Received Decision: 24/11/23 APPROVED

« Reply #287 on: January 11, 2018, 11:10:37 PM »
Ok thanks, I will! Last time I mentioned other applicants, they got a real bee in their bonnet about my "source" and sort of shut down. I imagine I'll get something like that again but I'll give it a go!

I remember you saying that but honestly, at this point, what have you got to loose? And it’s not as if they have any influence over the decision.
You can say friends of yours. :)

« Reply #288 on: January 11, 2018, 11:12:37 PM »
You could try your MP too, now that you are outwith the service standard. And I would mention to them about your son’s special circumstances.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:13:57 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 68
« Reply #289 on: January 11, 2018, 11:16:19 PM »
6 weeks. Where the heck is my application?! At what point do I contact someone? They are now outside of the timeframe quoted for the service. Should I try emailing VFS again?

I don't think you have anything to lose from contacting them. And yes, if they ask who your source is, you could just say that you have a friend. You deserve an answer.
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority)
Met Husband: 10 September 2015
Got married: 13 October 2017
Online application: 26 Nov 2017
Decision email received: 8 March 2018 (68 BD)
Passport received: 12 March 2018 - APPROVED!
Arrived in the UK: 31 March 2018
FLR(M) Extension Submitted: 15 September 2020
Submitted Documents and Biometrics via IDV: 8 October 2020
FLR(M) Approval: 30 December 2020
SET(M) Submitted: 15 July 2023
Submitted Docs & Biometrics: 10 August 2023
SET (M) Approved: 13 October 2023

« Reply #290 on: January 11, 2018, 11:58:27 PM »
Thanks guys! I just sent it. As far as source, I just mentioned other applicants I have been in contact with personally. I also tried to appeal to their humanity a bit mentioning my children waiting there for me so hopefully I don't just come across as an angry customer and get nowhere as with past attempts at obtaining information.

I've talked to my husband about contacting our MP and I think that is something we will do. I'm only reluctant because the thought of explaining this entire situation from the beginning to anyone is so draining. I'll have a coffee and get it together lol! Maybe I can just direct him here  :P
FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

• Liked: 98
« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2018, 12:54:43 AM »
Thanks guys! I just sent it. As far as source, I just mentioned other applicants I have been in contact with personally. I also tried to appeal to their humanity a bit mentioning my children waiting there for me so hopefully I don't just come across as an angry customer and get nowhere as with past attempts at obtaining information.

I've talked to my husband about contacting our MP and I think that is something we will do. I'm only reluctant because the thought of explaining this entire situation from the beginning to anyone is so draining. I'll have a coffee and get it together lol! Maybe I can just direct him here  :P

So sorry Dani! I'm so frustrated for you. I definitely concur with the suggestion of contacting your MP.

I used to work for the government, and anytime I was contacted by a member of the public through an elected official, I was obliged to respond within 1 business day. We actually called them "suspense letters," as in "drop everything you're doing and respond to this immediately." Annoying from my perspective, but an effective means for a member of the public to get a guaranteed response. Your hubby should definitely mention how difficult the separation is, given your son's circumstances. It's possible you'll just get a generic boiler plate response, but it can't hurt to poke them!

I just have to believe that you're bound to hear back soon... Hang in there!!
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
Applied from: D.C.
Priority: Yes (VFS Gold Premuim)
Applied: 17 Nov 17
Appt at PAC: 29 Nov 17
Decision Email: 5 Jan 18
Passport sent to PAC:  8 Jan 18
Passport rcv'd: 13 Jan 18
Moved to UK: 1 Feb 18
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
Applied: 25 Jul 20
IDV: 9 Sep 20
Priority: No (n/a)
Approval: 9 Dec 20
BRP rcv’d: 18 Feb 20
——————————————
ILR
Applied: 11 Jan 23
Priority: Super
Bio Appt: 7 Feb 23
Approval: 7 Feb 23
BRP rcv’d: 10 Feb 23
——————————————
Citizenship
Online App: 24 Feb 24
Bio Appt: 2 Mar 24
Awaiting Decision

• Liked: 79
« Reply #292 on: January 12, 2018, 01:22:13 AM »
Hopefully the MP comes through with some type of response.. it's  ridiculous it's been this long ..

I'm so sorry you're going through all of this dani .. my heart goes out to and your family and hoping your decision comes soon so u can put his ugly process behind you
US girl met UK guy
Met Husband at England Rugby World Cup Oct 2015
Got engaged in Germany in July 2017
Got married in Philadelphia Oct 2017
Applying for Spouse visa for the UK
Application paid December 17th 2017
Bometrics booked for Dec 22nd 2017
Package sent off to Sheffield Dec 23rd 2017(priority)
Package recieved In Sheffield Dec 27th 😬🤞🏻
Decision email sent Jan 17th 2018 😬😳🤞🏻🙏🙌🏼
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd
Cambridge here I come !!!
Applied FLR(M)  Sept 9th 2020
App invite.       Sept 23rd 2020
Submit FLR(M)Oct 5th.   2020

• Liked: 98
« Reply #293 on: January 12, 2018, 03:27:15 PM »
Ok, so I have some good news to share...

My passport made it to VFS this morning and they've emailed me, saying they're sending all my documents back today. If UPS doesn't screw it up again, I might actually have my visa in hand by tomorrow, so I can book flights!

Also, I've just accepted a job offer over the phone with a global engineering firm with offices in the US and UK. Super excited that it's all come together! Now I just need to get the house sold, send over a crate of stuff and arrange a flight for kitty!

Thanks everyone for all your advice!

Still thinking of you Dani, and sending positive vibes!!
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
Applied from: D.C.
Priority: Yes (VFS Gold Premuim)
Applied: 17 Nov 17
Appt at PAC: 29 Nov 17
Decision Email: 5 Jan 18
Passport sent to PAC:  8 Jan 18
Passport rcv'd: 13 Jan 18
Moved to UK: 1 Feb 18
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
Applied: 25 Jul 20
IDV: 9 Sep 20
Priority: No (n/a)
Approval: 9 Dec 20
BRP rcv’d: 18 Feb 20
——————————————
ILR
Applied: 11 Jan 23
Priority: Super
Bio Appt: 7 Feb 23
Approval: 7 Feb 23
BRP rcv’d: 10 Feb 23
——————————————
Citizenship
Online App: 24 Feb 24
Bio Appt: 2 Mar 24
Awaiting Decision

« Reply #294 on: January 12, 2018, 03:39:59 PM »
Ok, so I have some good news to share...

My passport made it to VFS this morning and they've emailed me, saying they're sending all my documents back today. If UPS doesn't screw it up again, I might actually have my visa in hand by tomorrow, so I can book flights!

Also, I've just accepted a job offer over the phone with a global engineering firm with offices in the US and UK. Super excited that it's all come together! Now I just need to get the house sold, send over a crate of stuff and arrange a flight for kitty!

Thanks everyone for all your advice!

Still thinking of you Dani, and sending positive vibes!!

Congratulations! So happy that everything is falling into place finally!  ;D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #295 on: January 12, 2018, 06:11:35 PM »
Wonderful news FLgator!

« Reply #296 on: January 12, 2018, 10:19:49 PM »
I've still not had a reply from VFS to my email yesterday and naturally it's Friday so looks like I may be out of luck for the weekend. I'm considering heading to the office next week as I'm only about a 40 minute drive and I know they take walk-ins. At this point I'm gonna need one of these folks to look me in the face if they're going to continue to avoid replying to my questions. Surely they must have some form of contact with UKVI as they are in business together, even just to answer general questions?

I'm getting worried that something is wrong, beyond the already huge worry of a potential refusal. I read here recently that sometimes biometrics being sent triggers the documents received email and as my biometrics were sent from VFS the same time as my documents, I'm nervous that my documents/app are not actually where they should be at all. I know so many of us go through a "my app must be lost" stage  ;D  so maybe it's that, but the total unknown with my situation is really fueling my fears.

It is comforting that I'm still only a little behind FLgator's decision email and approval. Btw, @FLgator86 - I hope you have your visa tomorrow!!
FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2018, 05:40:37 AM »
Dani, I feel your pain.  :-\\\\

Normally I believe that vfs don’t have any contact with UKVI but I’d like to think that it might be different for gold applications, I don’t know though. In any case, I also completely understand the need to speak to someone about your situation but really hope you get some news soon, either a reply from vfs first thing on Monday, or better still, a decision email over the weekend. 

And I know how agonising the wait is, (and also the frustration of taking longer to process than a non priority app) but trust me, as soon as you have your visa, you will literally forget how awful it was at the time. :)

• Liked: 43
« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2018, 09:10:03 AM »
I've still not had a reply from VFS to my email yesterday and naturally it's Friday so looks like I may be out of luck for the weekend. I'm considering heading to the office next week as I'm only about a 40 minute drive and I know they take walk-ins. At this point I'm gonna need one of these folks to look me in the face if they're going to continue to avoid replying to my questions. Surely they must have some form of contact with UKVI as they are in business together, even just to answer general questions?

I'm getting worried that something is wrong, beyond the already huge worry of a potential refusal. I read here recently that sometimes biometrics being sent triggers the documents received email and as my biometrics were sent from VFS the same time as my documents, I'm nervous that my documents/app are not actually where they should be at all. I know so many of us go through a "my app must be lost" stage  ;D  so maybe it's that, but the total unknown with my situation is really fueling my fears.

It is comforting that I'm still only a little behind FLgator's decision email and approval. Btw, @FLgator86 - I hope you have your visa tomorrow!!

I think this is a great idea and, if you’re anything like me, can I suggest you take someone along with you? Someone well-informed about the whole debacle who can help out if you, I dunno, lose your sh*t when they try and give you bs responses? I know I would very quickly lose my cool in your shoes in that situation.

Good luck, you really have been dealt the shittiest hand of cards. Xx
Sept 2001 - June 2006: studied at the University of Glasgow and the University of Strathclyde
Aug 2010 - Dec 2010: in UK on holiday visa
Jan 2011: issued fiancée visa
July 2011: issued FLR(M)
March 2012: DD1
June 2013: issued ILR
November 2013: DD2

• Liked: 116
« Reply #299 on: January 13, 2018, 01:09:56 PM »
I've been following this with interest.  It's such BS that you haven't heard back yet.  If they don't have solid advice I definitely think your husband should chase it with your MP.  I would think the same for a regular priority applicant in your situation but with the amount of money you've paid it's just completely ridiculous that you're not over there already.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

Sponsored Links