Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment  (Read 29910 times)

• Liked: 95
Re: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment
« Reply #315 on: January 17, 2018, 03:39:52 PM »
So VFS replied. Same guy quoted me 4-6 twice, now telling me gold priority takes 6-8 weeks. Fascinating. Also suggested I contact the consulate but gave no contact details.

My husband will hopefully see the MP Friday. I'm not sure now what going there would accomplish.
FLR (M) Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 14/10/20
Biometrics Appointment/Document Scanned: 13/11/20
Received Decision: 8/3/21 - APPROVED

ILR Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 30/08/23
Biometrics Appointment/Documents Scanned: 29/09/23
Received Decision: 24/11/23 APPROVED

• Liked: 59
« Reply #316 on: January 17, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »
So VFS replied. Same guy quoted me 4-6 twice, now telling me gold priority takes 6-8 weeks. Fascinating. Also suggested I contact the consulate but gave no contact details.

My husband will hopefully see the MP Friday. I'm not sure now what going there would accomplish.

At the very least, going to your MP may get the MP contacting them, at least they'll know people are aware of their ridiculous timeline. I've been lurking for a while like others, cheering you on, I wish you had received better news by now, but I certainly hope you'll get a refund!
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

• Liked: 46
« Reply #317 on: January 17, 2018, 03:49:43 PM »

Dani1983, maybe you should write to UKVI through a paid service and ask them to escalate your case. I am not sure that this will help and won't be a waste of money, but GBP6 is not that much after you paid for Gold already.
Application#1(Fiance)
Bio-metrics Appointment and scan: 16th Nov
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 17th Nov
Decision Made E-Mail: 19th January 2018
43 business days, Rejection
Application #2 Spouse (from France)
Bio-metrics Appointment and docs scan 08 March 2018
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 05 April 2018
Decision made email from Visa center: 25 April 2018
32 business days

• Liked: 79
« Reply #318 on: January 17, 2018, 03:51:55 PM »

The MP is worth a shot at this point .. I'm so sorry I was hoping you would have gotten something more .. the gold service is such a scam .. I mean I guess it worked out in Floridagators place because of getting to keep the passport .. and traveling to the UK but for both of you ..  the processing time vs the money paid is such a joke .you both should have had at least some type of decision emails way early on if not some form of better contact with the office then you guys both got ... . gold should be 1st in line .. this deff needs to be exposed ..

I'm rooting for you dani !!!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 04:00:26 PM by Soccer4ja9 »
US girl met UK guy
Met Husband at England Rugby World Cup Oct 2015
Got engaged in Germany in July 2017
Got married in Philadelphia Oct 2017
Applying for Spouse visa for the UK
Application paid December 17th 2017
Bometrics booked for Dec 22nd 2017
Package sent off to Sheffield Dec 23rd 2017(priority)
Package recieved In Sheffield Dec 27th 😬🤞🏻
Decision email sent Jan 17th 2018 😬😳🤞🏻🙏🙌🏼
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd
Cambridge here I come !!!
Applied FLR(M)  Sept 9th 2020
App invite.       Sept 23rd 2020
Submit FLR(M)Oct 5th.   2020

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #319 on: January 17, 2018, 03:55:04 PM »
Dani1983, maybe you should write to UKVI through a paid service and ask them to escalate your case. I am not sure that this will help and won't be a waste of money, but GBP6 is not that much after you paid for Gold already.

The paid service is a complete waste of money. It does not go to UKVI at all, it goes to some random third party call centre where they have no physical access to your application at all.

All they can do is type in your application details into their computer system and read out what it says on the screen. They have been known to give extremely bad and incorrect information many times in the past and we don’t advise anyone to contact them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #320 on: January 17, 2018, 04:46:05 PM »

Do NOT spend £6 on this "service"!

The MP may be able to help.  They have their own call line to UKVI and can make inquiries into the application.  They are usually resistent to help unless something has gone awry.

Dani - your application has DEFINITELY gone awry.  You are the new "Gold" service are getting anything BUT.  Not to mention your compassionate circumstances with your child and their medical care.  Is your husband meeting with the MP face-to-face?  Make sure he is specific that he wants them to contact UKVI on your behalf and also that he wants to lodge a complaint on this super-priority service that has been anything but.  Have him print out a couple of key bullet points on paper to take with him. 

We've got your back!

• Liked: 46
« Reply #321 on: January 17, 2018, 05:17:06 PM »
The paid service is a complete waste of money. It does not go to UKVI at all, it goes to some random third party call centre where they have no physical access to your application at all.

All they can do is type in your application details into their computer system and read out what it says on the screen. They have been known to give extremely bad and incorrect information many times in the past and we don’t advise anyone to contact them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksand24, I agree it is a waste of money, and I can't call it a service.
However, there should be still some communication between them, as soon as I received an email from Sheffield today (with no specific information), but as far as I understood it was an answer for my previous enquiries, and the topic was "Your Contact Centre enquiry".
Definitely, MP can do more than the call centre.
Application#1(Fiance)
Bio-metrics Appointment and scan: 16th Nov
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 17th Nov
Decision Made E-Mail: 19th January 2018
43 business days, Rejection
Application #2 Spouse (from France)
Bio-metrics Appointment and docs scan 08 March 2018
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 05 April 2018
Decision made email from Visa center: 25 April 2018
32 business days

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #322 on: January 17, 2018, 05:17:57 PM »

Ridiculous....

The MP is your best shot right now, definitely have him keep the appointment.

Hang in there Dani.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #323 on: January 17, 2018, 05:57:15 PM »
Ugh, Dani, I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I sincerely hope that you get a refund for this abysmal service - that's the first thing that they should do for you once you get a response. This floating around the issue, giving you different timelines, having no idea what their talking about... it's ridiculous.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that your husband's meeting with the MP brings something good for you. Maybe, maybe, maybe, you'll hear good news before then!
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority)
Met Husband: 10 September 2015
Got married: 13 October 2017
Online application: 26 Nov 2017
Decision email received: 8 March 2018 (68 BD)
Passport received: 12 March 2018 - APPROVED!
Arrived in the UK: 31 March 2018
FLR(M) Extension Submitted: 15 September 2020
Submitted Documents and Biometrics via IDV: 8 October 2020
FLR(M) Approval: 30 December 2020
SET(M) Submitted: 15 July 2023
Submitted Docs & Biometrics: 10 August 2023
SET (M) Approved: 13 October 2023

« Reply #324 on: January 17, 2018, 07:22:56 PM »
My husband is going to a drop-in surgery with the MP. We're not entirely sure if he'll get to speak to him personally on the issue but he's going to try. I think I will write an email as well. He seems to be compassionate about his constituents dealing with immigration issues as I think he's currently campaigning for someone being unfairly kept out of the country (my impression, I haven't read the story yet).

The guy from VFS is the same I have been in contact with the entire time. He personally quoted me twice that it's 4 - 6 weeks.

The first time:
I can tell you that we are quoted a 4 to 6 week turn around for Settlement Gold Packages. The normal time through the ACIS is 4 to 6 months on average.

The second time:
Gold Settlements are processed in a completely different que than other applications that are submitted through Sheffield. Our submission are processed in 4 to 6 weeks versus the 4 to 6 months it normally takes.

Now this is how he states it actually 6 to 8 weeks! Not even an indication of his previous statements! I feel like he's just fully making things up.
The standard turnaround time for a Gold Priority application is 6 to 8 weeks. This is a projected time, however the Consulate make take longer to make a decision if there are complications.

Once again, I can't even reply to this right now  [smiley=shout.gif]
FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #325 on: January 17, 2018, 07:28:37 PM »
My husband is going to a drop-in surgery with the MP. We're not entirely sure if he'll get to speak to him personally on the issue but he's going to try. I think I will write an email as well. He seems to be compassionate about his constituents dealing with immigration issues as I think he's currently campaigning for someone being unfairly kept out of the country (my impression, I haven't read the story yet).

The guy from VFS is the same I have been in contact with the entire time. He personally quoted me twice that it's 4 - 6 weeks.

The first time:
The second time:
Now this is how he states it actually 6 to 8 weeks! Not even an indication of his previous statements! I feel like he's just fully making things up.
Once again, I can't even reply to this right now  [smiley=shout.gif]

Not to mention the consulate doesn’t process the applications.   :-\\\\

I’m sorry.

• Liked: 98
« Reply #326 on: January 17, 2018, 07:37:31 PM »
VFS is a joke. They're totally clueless about this entire process. Shame on UKVI for not holding their contractors to a basic standard of competency regarding their services >:(
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
Applied from: D.C.
Priority: Yes (VFS Gold Premuim)
Applied: 17 Nov 17
Appt at PAC: 29 Nov 17
Decision Email: 5 Jan 18
Passport sent to PAC:  8 Jan 18
Passport rcv'd: 13 Jan 18
Moved to UK: 1 Feb 18
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
Applied: 25 Jul 20
IDV: 9 Sep 20
Priority: No (n/a)
Approval: 9 Dec 20
BRP rcv’d: 18 Feb 20
——————————————
ILR
Applied: 11 Jan 23
Priority: Super
Bio Appt: 7 Feb 23
Approval: 7 Feb 23
BRP rcv’d: 10 Feb 23
——————————————
Citizenship
Online App: 24 Feb 24
Bio Appt: 2 Mar 24
Awaiting Decision

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2018, 07:48:54 PM »
And as you applied within days of the gold service starting, they don’t actually have those statistics they are quoting in the second and third emails.

I would rather they say they don’t know than make it up.

• Liked: 98
« Reply #328 on: January 17, 2018, 07:57:50 PM »
Just saw that @Soccer4ja9 just received a decision email on the standard priority thread. That's wonderful news, but it makes it that much more puzzling that @Dani1983 submitted a month earlier and is still waiting. 
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
Applied from: D.C.
Priority: Yes (VFS Gold Premuim)
Applied: 17 Nov 17
Appt at PAC: 29 Nov 17
Decision Email: 5 Jan 18
Passport sent to PAC:  8 Jan 18
Passport rcv'd: 13 Jan 18
Moved to UK: 1 Feb 18
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
Applied: 25 Jul 20
IDV: 9 Sep 20
Priority: No (n/a)
Approval: 9 Dec 20
BRP rcv’d: 18 Feb 20
——————————————
ILR
Applied: 11 Jan 23
Priority: Super
Bio Appt: 7 Feb 23
Approval: 7 Feb 23
BRP rcv’d: 10 Feb 23
——————————————
Citizenship
Online App: 24 Feb 24
Bio Appt: 2 Mar 24
Awaiting Decision

« Reply #329 on: January 17, 2018, 08:18:40 PM »
Just saw that @Soccer4ja9 just received a decision email on the standard priority thread. That's wonderful news, but it makes it that much more puzzling that @Dani1983 submitted a month earlier and is still waiting.
Seriously?! Of course it's wonderful news but very worrying for me.

FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab